Albreda de Rie - ALBREDA DE RIE IS THE SISTER OF Sir Eudo , not the father

Started by John Rogers Sousa on Sunday, December 27, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts

Your argument sounds very reasonable, looking at the dates involved there.

Yes and no, this conclusion is way over simplified. It appears to me that there is much more work to be done here.

It appears true that Eudo had a sister named Albreda, just not this one.

First, a quick check of a French tree I frequently use as a resource shows Albreda with a birth date of 1074. The date lone would confirm Albreda as a daughter.

But on further looking Wikitree identifies Albreda as born 1052 which would make her a sister, but NOTE that she is shown as a daughter of Hubert de Rie, not, as on Geni we show her as a daughter of Eudo. Note also the discussion linked to Keats-Rohan discussion in Domesday People (which I do not have access to), which brings Albreda further into question by association with the name Valognes, see here: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/St_Sauveur-26

It appears that we have
.Eudo de Rie
..Hubert de Rie son of Eudo and husband of Albreda (Preaux)
...Eudo de Rie Dapifer, son of Hubert and half sister of Albreda (although there is no indication that Hubert had a second wife)
Also note that Hubert had a son Hubert so we need to keep these straight.

I’m going to copy this discussion to the profile managers for further discussion and add you two . I’d be happy to make the necessary changes once we determine what the are.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion