Started by Private User on Sunday, December 27, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 21 posts
Private User
12/27/2020 at 8:31 AM

Here is the Charter:No 16 .22 Dec 1447- Discharge by John Bruce of Clackmannan to his eldest cousin David the Bruce of the Kennet
The charters go on to say, No 24 :1490-Instrument of Sasine in favour of David Bruce as heir to David Bruce of Wester Kennet.
Goes on to say, David Bruce 1st died between 1480-1490 and was succeeded by his son David Bruce 2nd (Kennet). Agnes Redbeugh-spouse of deceased David Bruce, David Bruce second wife was Margaret Harries.

Private User
3/8/2023 at 2:22 AM

This Margaret Harries is incorrect as she is the second wife of David Bruce of Wester Kennet who's 1st wife was Janet Stirling.

3/10/2023 at 6:19 PM

Private User what specific profile are you referring to? because "profiles mentioned" has John Bruce and then you mention something about David Bruce's wife, Margaret.

Private User
3/11/2023 at 4:30 AM

Hi Dean, what I'm trying to say is that David Bruce 6th Baron of Clackmannan's wife is Agnes Redhach according to records that I'll load on his profile. Currently the lineage been run is incorrect as David Bruce 6th Baron of Clackmannan wives are not Janet Stirling or Margaret/Marion Herries . These lady's Married David Bruce of Wester Kennet a whole different family. Dean can you have a look into this, thank you.

3/11/2023 at 4:40 PM

Private User are you referring to this profile??
Sir David Bruce, 6th Baron of Clackmannan & Rate
if, so, his About Comments match how he is linked. What profile is the other David Bruce who you think married Agnes Redhach. can you copy/paste the link to her profile? Maybe I can figure where/when there was some mix up.

Private User
3/11/2023 at 4:50 PM

Hi Dean, thanks for the speedy response.
Im not in front of a computer, David Bruce death record is saved on his profile with other documents containing to this lineage.
I have more documentation to load, its late here and will continue in the morning and will explain the mix up that has accured.

3/11/2023 at 9:43 PM

Sue David Bruce is my 4th cousin 15 x removed

John Bruce, Baron of Clackmannan is my 7th cousin 14 times removed.

Sir David Bruce, 6th Baron of Clackmannan & Rate is my 8th cousin 11 times removed.

Private User
4/2/2023 at 4:46 AM

Sharon its wrong. The only thing that is constant is change. The problem is William Drowning Bruce is a descendant of the Bruce's/Broases of Wester Kennet/Airth!
I've never agreed to this lineage above, I sent you a email of the Chambers Encyclopedia lineage given and it doesn't run like this.
I would appreciate it if we could follow the records and correct the Bruce heritage.
Any record that does not have Robert Bruce son of King Robert is part of the agenda "Black Parliament".
Can we correct the Royal Bruce lineage?
https://accessgenealogy.com/genealogy/dodge-genealogy-colonial-ance...

4/2/2023 at 8:24 AM

Philip, you sent me the Charters as proof. I followed them. They're great primary sources. You can't be disagreeing with them now, just because they don't prove what you want them to. (I'm not sure what that is, and had presumed it was the Charter tree as that is what you sent me to fix up the line to your satisfaction. I did that.)
Regarding I would appreciate it if we could follow the records and correct the Bruce heritage. - that's exactly what I did. If you have different primary sources that contradict these, please send them.

4/2/2023 at 8:28 AM

https://accessgenealogy.com/genealogy/dodge-genealogy-colonial-ance... is not a primary source. It's not even a secondary source. You're asking for us to follow 'records'. You need to provide them if you think the Clackmannan Charters are wrong.

4/2/2023 at 8:31 AM

You'll need to explain who William Drowning Bruce is, and how he negates the Clackmannan Charters.

4/2/2023 at 8:41 AM

Sir Robert Bruce son of Robert I the Bruce, King of Scots is on the tree, and part of this line. If you think a direct link exists between you and him that you want represented on a collective world tree, the onus is on you to find the primary sources for us to input for you.

4/2/2023 at 8:46 AM

Project created for you from the sourcs: https://www.geni.com/projects/Bruce-in-the-Charters/4475537

Private User
4/2/2023 at 12:17 PM

You do realize that John Bruce/Broase was executed? and many other's. Will show you the documents tomorrow, it's getting late

Private User
4/2/2023 at 12:32 PM

Sharon I'm only interested in the charters, not the comments surrounding them. I put my tree in according to the Chambers Encyclopedia and the curators deleted it, so far you have not edited the tree according to how I had it and therefore forgive me for being in the moor in.

4/2/2023 at 1:44 PM

On Geni we follow original documentation / primary documents that meet the standard for genealogical proof. I'm afraid that I can't help you build a tree that contradicts the primary sources.

Private User
4/3/2023 at 12:08 PM

Please stop talking nonsense

4/3/2023 at 11:39 PM

Just rude Philip.

Showing all 21 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion