Help please merging

Started by Joseph Putnam on Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Showing all 19 posts
12/8/2020 at 12:47 PM

Elizabeth Wright

I am trying to merge and connect to her Pocahontas line.

2/5/2021 at 11:50 AM

Done, but I don’t see any evidence for parents. What do you have?

2/5/2021 at 12:20 PM

https://books.google.com/books/about/Pocahontas_to_Benjamin_Bolling...

This is based off DNA the list are proven red Bollings. Someone put a bad review but there are people trying to discredit him.

2/5/2021 at 12:25 PM

Actually there are no reviews i just miss read it

2/5/2021 at 12:34 PM

I guess it’s possible, I know there are intense DNA studies.

But it looks like she couldn’t have been a child of Major John Kennon Bolling, II - his Elizabeth daughters died young, and I think ? we have burial data.

And she couldn’t have come from the Bolling / Bowling wife of uncertain parentage, married to John Thornbury. If he had a surviving Elizabeth daughter she would have been named in his will.

2/5/2021 at 1:02 PM

There is also the fact I match others claiming to be Pocahontas Descendant and gedmatch seems to show I share a common Native American Ancestor with
some of them.

2/5/2021 at 1:05 PM

I also spoke with the author and he confirmed it to be the same Elizabeth. I have no other proof though.

Private User
2/5/2021 at 1:40 PM

Col. John Fairfax Bolling born 1676, son of
Jane Bolling

Here you're looking for a woman born in ca. 1730, I mean, c'mon, it's not that many alternatives to produce a line with a DNA match within this narrow time line, if Elisabeth died in 1731, did she had a twin or is that just made out of the blue, or, maybe she had a sister also named the same that survived but born in the year after?

Who else would match, I see no brothers of Major John Bolling?

2/5/2021 at 2:48 PM

I just don't see how this study could be argued away considering both Benjamin and Elizabeth matched up with John Bolling and Elizabeth Blair.

2/5/2021 at 4:33 PM

Private User Actually there are a lot of alternatives. Bauling, Bauldin, Bowling, Bolling ... all families in colonial America with may descendants and obscure origins. You may not know this but “Pocahontas Hunting” is an American cottage industry, and there are “wars” between red, white and blue Bollings.

This chart is probably outdated from more recent DNA studies

https://pocahontas.morenus.org/poca_gen.html#.YB3iSC0icgo

But Elizabeth is considered a Blue Bolling.

“ The "mysterious" Bollings a.k.a. "blue" Bollings, twelve extra children of Maj. John Bolling and Elizabeth Blair. Alas! A most numerous and enthusiastic contingent, but actually no relation.”

I’m not sure, but Joe Putnam’s DNA match sounds like another descendant of the Elizabeth who could not have been a daughter of Major John.

2/5/2021 at 4:35 PM

Joseph Putnam - rock solid evidence from something official is needed.

My personal opinion is that Thomas Rolfe likely had more children than just Jane Bolling, but they have disappeared into history.

2/5/2021 at 4:54 PM

Is it this Rev. Benjamin Franklin Bolling you are DNA matching to? Since we don’t know his parents, of course we don’t know his siblings either, and likely he had them. So sure, you could be related to him, and the mutual ancestor could even have been a Powhatan (Pocahontas’ father), if both lines show Native American DNA markers and there is no other place it could come in. But now I’m just speculating. What I do gather is that Benjamin Bolling and Elizabeth Bolling are not currently accepted by the Pocahontas Foundation.

2/5/2021 at 4:55 PM

I wounder when there test was done. It is odd two test have said different things. I guess its just one of those things I can't prove then if DNA results conflict.

2/5/2021 at 5:11 PM

It sounds like the same Benjamin but according to the published book they were all brothers and sisters. According to this other study none of them are kin to one another.

2/5/2021 at 5:18 PM

I’ve found this book before on archive.org and ancestry.com

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008I9TX1C/therealpocahonta

(Notice the updated editions)

So that’s a place to look. But if you’re matching to Benjamin Bolling, he’s not accepted.

2/5/2021 at 5:48 PM

It appears the book I shared was published in 2016 and published again in 2020 the other books are a little older.

Im aware they don't accept my Ancestor Elizabeth or the other blue Bolling he showed are red. Tank you for your help.

2/13/2021 at 12:36 PM

According to ancestry Jane Bolling is my 9th GGM...my tree here is stuck...ugh help please

Private User
2/14/2021 at 5:27 AM

By "According to ancestry" do you mean somebody's Tree on Ancestry or ???

2/14/2021 at 2:11 PM

Private User yes mine lol

Showing all 19 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion