Count Dirk VI - This is the son of Dirk VI

Started by Lord Bruce Ross Myers on Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
11/24/2020 at 5:35 AM

Siward de "the Warrior" of Longworth Holland (1146-1204 ...
Search domain www.findagrave.com/memorial/190506323/siward-de-hollandhttps://www....
Siward de Longsworth de Holand (son of Count Dirk VI de Longworth 1114-1157 and Countess Sofie van Salm von de Rheineck) married Julana de Robert, the daughter of Robert le Croc de Longsworth. ... Siward "The Warrior" de Longworth de Holland, came to England in the early 11th century, probably as a knight warrior for hire

Ulf de Holland

11/24/2020 at 6:56 AM

There was a Matthew de Longworth, who called himself Matthew son of Siward. We don't seem to know anything else about this Siward.

Of course we can't just equate him with any other Siward around. Well we can, but it's not genealogy.

Matthew de Longworth was a tenant of the Grelleys, and was followed by a long line of Longworths of Longworth, who were contenders in the Most Boring Gentry contest.

Somewhere the claim has been made that Matthew de Longworth was the same person as Matthew de Holland of Upholland. I can't find the origin of this, or the evidence. It's not in the English sources, so presumably the discovery was first made in America.

11/24/2020 at 12:14 PM

I have strong ties to this man

in-laws, Matthew de Holland, of Upholland is your 27th great grandfather
Sir Henry Alexander Webb, I
his father → Margaret Webb (Arden)

Hidden for people sabotage the lineage to change it for what it was

his mother → Robert Ireland
her father → Avena Almeria Ireland (Holland)
his mother → Robert de Holland, I
her father → Thurstan de Holland
his father → Sir Robert de Holland, of Upholland, Kt.
his father → Matthew de Holland, of Upholland
his father

Blood line Matthew de Holland, of Upholland is your 8th great uncle's 12th great grandfather
James Hoyt
his father → James Hoyt
his father → Mary Hoyt

hidden lineage private

his mother → Margaret Holland
her mother → Thurstan de Holland
her father → Sir Robert de Holland, of Upholland, Kt.
his father → Matthew de Holland, of Upholland
his father

11/24/2020 at 12:34 PM

Matthew de Holland's profile cites the research of Jasper Land Holland.

So this blog is very interesting

https://valorguardians.com/blog/?p=28230

Private User
11/25/2020 at 4:34 AM

As far as I can see are this counts without any connection with the Dutch or Frisian royal lines. Only rumors, but not proof.

11/25/2020 at 6:28 AM

What about all the other count that don't have merit, half of them should not be in here, this should be put in so people can work on it to perfect it to make it right, lets put this into the system and let it go, instead of stopping all possibilities for future connections, lets put it in, and all the others one too, that we are squabbling about, stopping the past is what I have been getting every time I post my lineage they want to take the connection out, sup

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion