Attila the Hun, "Scourge of God", King of the Huns - Attila the Hun is born where?

Started by Private User on Monday, November 23, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-37 of 37 posts

Ivailo Ugain, of Bulgaria rebell leader that grasp the power for less than a year, exiled and executed, never accepted as a true Tsar by the nobility.

Ulf your argument that no peasant has ever become a king is a strawman argument, no one other than you has forwarded this position.

Brian's comment that a dynasty is not necessarily an unbroken generational succession does not have anything to do with peasants.

"doesn't it tell us that in fact, all of them MUST have existed," NO.
That's not how facts work.

I didn't say that. More likely you would get a bunch of feuding rival families, who were perhaps petty kings of very small territories. One family might achieve temporary supremacy over its neighbours, but it wouldn't keep it very long. No hereditary overlordship would be recognized, so a list of the top dogs, even if accurate (big if), would not be a genealogy.

Straw man AND moving the goalposts!

It’s logical fallacy extravaganza!

Private User at least, I do not reason as a child, and the last comment from Brian was more close to the reality, "petty kings of small territories", as most of them lived in a clan society and if you know about it, you also know how they reasoned. Regarding Alex Moes comment, it just shows us all that you are not the one to ask about anything.

Start to study.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Middle_Ages
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_Period
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan

Drop it, Ulf. You are insulting our resident expert on Welsh genealogies.

She probably knows more about the subjects you Wiki-linked than you do - and *you* should know that Wikipedia *is not trustworthy*, for the same reason that Ancestry isn't. It's crowd-sourced, and anyone can post or edit anything. (Both have been found to be spectacularly wrong from time to time.)

So here we are with the problem that once the paper trail washes out, *there is nothing that can be done about it.*

Trying to "reconnect" old unproven undocumented paper trails puts you in the same class with the mythmakers who "traced" the ancestry of the Merovingian kings back to Homer's Troy.

Only 32 relatives 1200 years ago blood and in-law, this stuff is not verified, just what they have on Geni, lol I know my family goes to the 1st Imperial Knights of Villingen, Württemberg, Germany, talkin to the St Johns of Malta to get my Baron status, from my Great Grandfather we are slaves but were the rich setting up banks seems for the Rothschilds, we have a large fortune in Holland and we are the Price to Webb the I1 and Hoyts to North Africa, Seems I am connected to all the wealthy and royalty and all people that run this world, so I am connected like no other, Wealthy to Peasant and to restore the Stuarts I am, so riches to poor to riches, we went from private to public and I am in the process of getting the private back into our family, that is never done once lost will be gone forever but I found the lost family of mine to restore it.

Basil I, called the Macedonian (Greek: Βασίλειος ὁ Μακεδών, Basíleios hō Makedṓn; 830/835 – 29 August 886) was a Byzantine emperor of Armenian origin, who reigned from 867 to 886. Born a simple peasant in Thrace, he rose in the imperial court, and usurped the imperial throne from Michael III. Despite his humble origins, he showed great ability in running the affairs of state, leading a revival of imperial power and to a renaissance of Byzantine art. He was perceived by the Byzantines as one of their greatest emperors, and the dynasty he founded, the Macedonian (Greek: Μακεδονική δυναστεία), ruled over what is regarded as Byzantium's most glorious and prosperous era.

Showing 31-37 of 37 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion