Sarah (Kennedy) Fleming - Family corrections

Started by Erica Howton on Sunday, November 22, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 20 posts
11/22/2020 at 1:31 PM

Based on https://www.colonial-settlers-md-va.us/getperson.php?personID=I0473...

- Corrected parents. Her father’s father was not Cornelius Cannaday of St Marys County as far as we know. Her mother Sarah was not Sarah Witt of Amherst County, but she did have a second husband, Richard King.

* Disconnected children Caroline Fleming, William Fleming (born Scotland), Richard Fleming, Thomas Fleming, Archibald Kennedy, Samuel Fleming. Sarah’s husband Alexander Fleming in 1710:

Wills of Richmond County, Virginia, 1699-1800; p. 60 - Alexander Flemmon (=Fleming), will; 11 Nov 1710, (?) sons John the plant. where I now live, Alexander 50 ac. of land, William, Charles; dau. Margaret; Samuel Kennedy; Elizabeth Kennedy; Anne Kennedy; wife Sarah; no ex; wits: Jane Foushee, William Smith, Will. Barber. (Alexander Fleming mar. Sarah Kennedy, the dau. of John Kennedy, by 23 Mar 1690. MRC, p. 70.)

11/22/2020 at 2:06 PM

So disconnected as Not the child of Sarah Fleming were

Richard Fleming, Caroline Fyrie Col. Thomas Fleming, Archibald Fleming William Fleming John Fleming, Samuel Fleming, Isabel King Agnes Fleming, Robert Fleming

Some seemed to be siblings based on location so those were kept together.

11/22/2020 at 3:13 PM

Private User Cleanup completed.

Private User
11/22/2020 at 7:23 PM

Caroline Fyrie's MH link says this is her parents, if you agree and would attach her, because she's disconnect and that prevents me from doing it. I'll keep looking to see if I can place any of the other ones.

Colonel John Fleming

Private User
11/22/2020 at 7:30 PM

Col. Thomas Fleming

This might be his parents, but they aren't attached to the tree either. Alexander Fleeman

Based on this Wikitree https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/MKHB-VP8

Private User
11/22/2020 at 8:01 PM

John Fleming

He started out as the son of William and Martha, but William and Martha are now Alexander and Sarah. So, we can just add a William and Martha as parents, but that's all the info I know about them at this time.

I also figure out why the original parents were so messed up. The profile that is now Alexender started out as John - Col. John Fleming. House of Burgesses's profile was updated by Harold R. Fleming. birth, death, display name, first name, nicknames, occupation and suffix « less
Dec 14, 2014 at 9:52 PM · from then on he was known as Alexander.

This profile Col. Charles Fleming started out as Malcom.

Alexander Fleming started out as John.

They were all changed on the same date and by the same person. There might be more, but I didn't check them all.

Private User
11/22/2020 at 8:07 PM

Isabel King

Parents William and Martha

11/23/2020 at 11:29 AM

Dec 14, 2014 - reverting / undoing merges are too difficult that far back. Cut wrong connections if they still exist.

We need to find a faster / easier way to rebuild any wrong trees. MH trees are not enough at this period. Wikitree May or may not be OK - depends on their citations. Colonial settlers may be good. Use the search function:

11/23/2020 at 3:42 PM

Based on ”The Ancestors and Descendants of John Rolfe with Notices of Some Connected Families. The Fleming Family (Continued)". The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography. 23 (4): 441–443. 1915. ISSN 0042-6636. https://www.jstor.org/stable/4243480 I’ve disconnected the following profiles as children of Colonel John Fleming and locked relationships:
Peter Fleming John Fleming Anne Bolling, Nancy Elizabeth Dove, Henry Fleming, Lydia Fleming

11/23/2020 at 4:14 PM

Re: Isabel Fleming

Parents William and Martha

I don’t know who William and Martha Fleming are.

Private User
11/23/2020 at 6:24 PM

Please disconnect Robert Fleming from his siblings and add him as the son of William Fleming, Sr.

William has a match, but that tree isn't right, so if you would, please make William and Martha MPs.

11/23/2020 at 7:04 PM

Can you put citations for William Fleming, Sr. & wife of William Fleming along with a list of their children in the about please ? Already they’re matching to the Wigtown Fleming’s so I need to lock relationships immediately.

Private User
11/23/2020 at 7:24 PM

I added them from a FS tree and that's all I've got. The two Williams do match, but the other tree needs straightened out and I'm working on that now. They can eventually be merged, but let me keep working on it.

11/23/2020 at 7:28 PM

I am not comfortable with them. Before your time at Geni I went through a lot of contortions getting “noble” Fleming’s off the Geni tree. I’m really worried about having to do that again. You’ll also see the current match is exact same dates.

There was a citation that four brothers came to Kent Delaware (not including Robert, yes including William). Unless we find more “real” studies, I’d rather leave them parentless.

Private User
11/23/2020 at 8:05 PM

In regards to this William Fleming I looked on Ancestry. There are some records, but I don't have an international subscription, so I can't see them.

However, there are over 3,000 trees and the majority show his wife as Martha Janet (Martha/Janet) Clark, so I merged the two wives (Martha and Janet).

I did find a tree that had his wife listed as Martha Yuill. That tree shows her as the daughter of John Yuil Clark b.1665, but his father is John Yuil b.1632. John b.1665 was born in Scotland and died in Virginia, so it seems like he might have changed his name when he immigrated. No source, except for another tree.

11/24/2020 at 4:46 AM

You people are ridiculous and have no right to alter the tree of others without any real reason other than your own self worth

11/24/2020 at 9:46 AM

Daniel Higdon Do you have a link for what you refer to? Is there an error needing correcting?

11/24/2020 at 2:42 PM

Below is Dale Foresythe’s connection to Sarah Kennedy

Sarah (Kennedy) Fleming is Dale’s 7th great grandmother.
Born: 03 Oct 1673, North Farnham, Richmond County, Virginia, USA

You Dale Foresythe
your mother → Daisy Dean Foresythe
her mother → Cinthia Ann Smith
her father → Joshua Curtis Howton
his mother → Elizabeth Howton
her mother → Anna Harris
her mother → Elizabeth C. Castleberry
her father → Fleming Smith
his mother → Elizabeth Smith
her mother → Sarah Fleming

Sarah Kennedy is the daughter of:
John Kennedy and Sarah King.
Wife of Alexander Fleming

Dale Foresythe A920726

11/24/2020 at 3:33 PM

Hey cousin Dale Foresythe A920726

So the path looks good to you also? Good news, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Showing all 20 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion