Harald I "Fairhair", king of Norway - My 41st Great Grandfather

Started by Charlotte Maria Usan on Saturday, November 14, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 22 posts

Now I know why I liked the character on the Vikings show so much.

Private User

Charolotte you are my 16th Cousin 5x removed and Harold 1 'Fairhair', King of Norway is my 35th Great Grandfather.
Roberta Jean Russell

He's my 33rd Great Grandfather (33GGF)

"Harald I «Hårfagre», konge av Norge is your 28th great grandfather. " But I am not sure how true that really is:P

and he is my 31 Great Grandfather : ) hello to all my "sisters" and "brothers" :)))

33rd great grandpa

Harald Hårfager Hálfdanarson is my 27th great grandfather. 👑 :-)

Private User

He is my 30th Great Grandfather..

Private User

Harald I «Hårfagre», konge av Norge is your 30th great grandfather.

Harald I "Fairhair", king of Norway is my 32nd great grandfather.

Private User

28th great grandfather

Well Hello distant cousins Harald is my 35th great grandpa too, love the Vikings series. Rollo and Ragnar and Sigurd are also my great grandfathers Rollo and Ragnar were never related that was just artistic freedom of the series Vikings writers !!!

I will have to check out Rollo, Ragnar and Sigurd for my line too. I don't take this too seriously - I'm not going to fly the Norwegian flag suddenly (LOL) . I do think it's great fun though. I can't wait for the Vikings series to return!

He is my 31st great grandfather.

Private User

Harald I "Fairhair", king of Norway

is my 31st great grandfther.

Harald I "Fairhair", king of Norway is my 28th great grandfather.

T-lo Tina Ann Cavitt I know Geni has a link stating that Gudrød Bjørnsson is the father of Harald Grenske but even Geni can have untrustworthy links and this is one of them.

The source is Snorre Sturlasson's saga of the kings of Norway and it is written around 300 years after these people lived. Among most Nordic historians this link is considered as fake so please don't advertise this link, as it is probably false.

There are no credible source stating that Gudrød Bjørnsson even existed and far from being Harald Grenske's father. The reason why it is still shown on Geni is that if I removed this link, I would get a public outcry that I removed a link that is written in the Sagas by Snorre and that I don't have any proof that Snorre was wrong. And they would be correct, I don't have any proof that SNorre was wrong, but Gurdør wasn't mentioned as the father of Harald in the earlier sagas written by authors before Snorre, so most of todays historians think that this link was created by Snorre.

When I get the guts, I will probably remove this link.

My paternal 37th great grand father.

I am really really struggling with my ancestry, is anyone who knows what they are doing able to assist me to complete it, especially on my mothers side going bac to King Alfred The great and the royals through the Hill and then Mowbray De Pateshull etc am so lost I know Rollo is a ancestor

Bishop Gabrielle Crofts, Bishop, I sent you a request to collaborate. I think one thing that needs fixing on your tree is to get some of the "private" profiles made public that are over 150 years old that you have made. That should open up your tree to mergers. I can help clean that part up as we are related and I think there are a few lines I can pull in for you. Answer the request and I will see what I can do this weekend. :-)

He is my 34th GGF also.

He is my 39th Great Grandfather.

Showing all 22 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion