Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the USA - Family Tree Research and Cleanup

Started by Tamás Flinn Caldwell-Gilbert on Tuesday, October 6, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 61-67 of 67 posts

The family search is incorrect. Abraham did not live in Nottingham, Chester County. He lived in Strasburg in Lancaster County.

Yeah... that is what family search has...

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/L6CN-6ZG

but Family Search has his daughter, Elizabeth born in Nottingham.

Jim Wile, you might want to weigh in on this, as we co-manage the Elizabeth Feree that Diana is referring to.

I think Elizabeth is with the right parents, but her birth and death information is wrong. Also, her husband Isaac had his correct wife disconnected and I don't think this Elizabeth is his wife.

This is the wife who was disconnected from Isaac - Elizabeth Ferree and she has a duplicate, but I didn't want to do any merging until other aspects are resolved. Elizabeth Ferree

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Ferree-42

Elizabeth (Lefevre?) Robinette
Birth: 1718
Chester, Pennsylvania, USA
*Bannerman, Alexander & Roberts, Gary Boyd. An Ancestor Table, As Currently Known, of President Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr., American Ancestors Magazine (NEHGS, Boston, Mass., Winter 2021) Vol. 21, No. 4, Page 30. [https://media.geni.com/p13/f5/64/dc/24/5344485e51ec1fcf/president_b... President Biden ancestor table]

Identified as Elizabeth (unknown) with no parents. Don’t give her any, and I’ll change profile name to conform with the experts.

Private User, I don't think it is that clear. There are three Lancaster Mennonite Vital Records that show he married Elizabeth Lefever. Isaac is from Strasburg/Paradise area as is Elizabeth Lefever. He is a registered gun craftsman as well as his son Jacob. Jacob was born in Paradise in 1750. Lancaster Mennonite Records indicate his mother was Elizabeth Lefever.
On the other hand, I do not see clear evidence where Elizabeth Forbush was born - North Carolina, Maryland, or Chester County, PA. She is associated with Isaac Feree because it is known that she was married to a "Free" before she married Jones. However, I do not see a marriage record that says it was Isaac. Isaac is probably suspect #1 in family trees because he died in North Carolina and was married to an Elizabeth. The Find a grave says they (Isaac and Elizabeth Forbush) were married in 1748 (c) in Virginia (probably). However, Isaac was a craftsman in and had a son in Lancaster County in 1750.
There are some family trees that avoid the conundrum by having Isaac married to both Elizabeth's.

Jim Wile, thanks for responding. I had kept the discussion tab open while I looked around and didn't refresh it before I responded, which is how I ended up tagging you, because I didn't realize you were already engaged in the discussion. :)

Showing 61-67 of 67 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion