Odo I, count of Orléans - Several consistency issues with family

Started by Keri Denise Jackson, ♊ Twin "A", GEDMATCH GQ346442C1 on Saturday, September 26, 2020
Showing all 3 posts

Consistency Check:
More than 22 year age difference between Ingeltrude of The Franks of Orleans and her husband Odo I, count of Orléans.
Ingeltrude of The Franks of Orleans is under 14 years old for her marriage.
Gebhard I, Graf im Niederlahngau born after the death of his father Odo I, count of Orléans.
Ruggero, Count of Auriata born after the death of his father Odo I, count of Orléans.
Beatrix of Orleans born before the birth of her mother Ingeltrude of The Franks of Orleans.
Guillaume, comte d'Orléans born before the birth of his mother Ingeltrude of The Franks of Orleans.
Ruggero, Count of Auriata born after the death of his mother Ingeltrude of The Franks of Orleans.

9/26/2020 at 9:31 AM

I don't haven't researched these to check the dates, but keep in mind that many men married younger women, especially if they married multiple times, because the men were still capable of producing children regardless of their age. And it is not at all uncommon to find women married and having a child by the age of 15 back then or even in my own grandparents' generation. My mother married at 15 and had me when she was 16. So, you can't just assume that a young mother and/or a much older husband is incorrect unless you have sources correcting the dates. If that can't be done, just use the irgnore option.

Thank you Debbie Gambrell . Yes I am aware but if it is correct then it needs marked as such (ignore) so that it does not trigger an inconsistency error alert. My Grandmother had my aunt at 16. Also in my family the women have late menopause so it is possible to have children later as well. I post these just for the sake of confirmation or refute. These are system alerts not my own personal thoughts or expectations. I agree with and do mark many things as ignore if I believe it can truly be the case and it is not in the medieval tree.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion