Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the USA - Need a curator please and thank you

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Friday, September 25, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 1-30 of 114 posts
9/25/2020 at 8:18 PM

The About needs cleaned up to remove the hearsay.

9/25/2020 at 8:27 PM

Sorry, Cheley. I mean the political junk on the About of his profile.
It is not as though Wikipedia isn’t fallible or biased and this editorial where his Biography should go is unacceptable especially now

9/25/2020 at 8:30 PM

Mike Stangel, surely one can do a comparison of the two Presidential candidates and SEE how blatantly biased this profile is?

Private User
9/25/2020 at 9:47 PM

Hi, Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 . It's pretty standard for us go use the intro section of someone's Wikipedia page as their Geni "About" section. That's especially good in cases like this where we want something that's impartial and focused on facts instead of commentary. The Wikipedia article has been agreed upon by Wikipedia editors from across the political spectrum, so it's about as good as it gets.

I do try to update the "About" every few months to keep it current with the Wikipedia article intro. I'm happy to do that again.

Private User
9/25/2020 at 9:53 PM

(Sorry, my original post went through like six times! Apologies for any excess notifications. :))

I'm not seeing any hearsay on this Wikipedia article; it's all cited on Wikipedia, which we intentionally link. Is there a particular section you think is unsupported that we should address?

We should go ahead and update to the current version, but I'll wait to let folks weigh in.

Private User
9/25/2020 at 10:10 PM

Sources are in the "References" section of the Wikipedia article. The intro summarizes the cited information below.

I'm perfectly happy to replace the bio section -- but we need to have a viable alternative. Which public domain or copyright-safe alternatives can you propose, Cynthia? We use Wikipedia because their licensing allows us to use it on a commercial website. That isn't true for virtually all other sources. And although they're public domain, we don't use official White House biographies for presidents and vice presidents, past or present, because they're written like campaign materials.

So if you have a viable alternative, I'm happy to use it! But we need the suggestion(s).

Private User
9/25/2020 at 10:15 PM

For the record, neither the National Archives nor the Library of Congress provide public domain biographies of presidents. That's one of the reasons we, for 13 years, have used the Creative Commons ones from Wikipedia.

9/25/2020 at 11:18 PM

He is on my Freemason lineage to Van Horne's to Roelofson Rule, New York, New Jersey, Beard and Donaldson, Van Doren, But the Trumpfheller, is in Germany, Trump is a solid Mason I believe as all presidents except 3 something like that JFK Jr was not Ab Lincoln

Just stick to the basics, who he is and who he is related to. And lock the profile. There are people who have no respect and will use any platform to attack someone they dislike because of their own ideology.

9/26/2020 at 3:19 AM

I agree Stephen Combes [Gedcom : NA147701C1] and Unknown Profile et al. I have a Wikipedia account but I don’t go making political comments on anything and this is certainly NOT a biography. The About for President Trump needs to be just a bio. If you are not sure how that needs to look, see Biden’s profile.

9/26/2020 at 3:20 AM

Use Wikipedia in the sources section...not in his overview section. I don't know why a curator would have to use anything other than their own words. Their own words aren't copyrighted material from someone else. If we all HAD to use Wikipedia in every profile that we have created, most of my profiles would be blank. Has Donald Trump himself been asked for permission to accept what is put on his profile? I think not...

9/26/2020 at 3:32 AM

Diana Collins, excellent point and I have wondered myself since Mike Stangel has posted several Discussions himself pertaining to living people asking for profiles to be corrected or removed. I recently saw the name of a celebrity as someone who ADDED a profile and when I clicked on their name it went to THEIR own curated profile. I highly doubt the About is what the president or his family would write for him so why is it ok? I am arguing that it is NOT ok.
It is extremely important that people keep their politics to themselves in a day when having a flag in one’s yard can get them killed. Media is guilty of fanning the flames. This is a genealogy site. I can read Wikipedia or any number of editorial sites. An About for a sitting president is not the place to cut and paste and is no excuse for this one.

9/26/2020 at 5:08 AM

I object to “not” having biographic material in Geni profiles, and I “do not” want anyone to have to leave Geni (external source) to gain that context.

So if you object to Wikipedia, supply other text yourself (in discussion) for evaluation. FindAGrave members write some simple and accurate celebrity bios, surely someone here can do so.

9/26/2020 at 7:03 AM

I see the filthiest of political trickery going on in America today and none of this belongs on the Geni site nor should any references be made to sites that disparage either of the two presidential candidates. These cheap political tricks simply do not belong on any Geni discussions. Let's all grow up and think of something nice to say that does honor to the Geni site.

9/26/2020 at 7:24 AM

Wikipedia is fallible and biased - any fool can go in & change it
This is why Wikipedia is not used or allowed in any professional school as a reference

9/26/2020 at 7:26 AM

This is not the first About section for a sitting president in Geni’s history. Obama’s profile also had more than just skeleton information when he was the sitting president, also taken from Wikipedia. So that would be the precedent.

If what you are asking for is a policy that no sitting president should have anything more than basic information in the About section, that needs to be separately argued.

And of course, it would mean that no sitting leaders across the globe should have anything more than skeletal information in their About sections, either, since the United States is not a special case.

Private User
9/26/2020 at 7:35 AM

Keep WIKI bios OFF of Geni regarding Modern Day USA presidents!

Perhaps that should be the new rule, don't use a bio that originated from elsewhere but instead just enter the basics and if they have achieved something newsworthy (Trump's peace deal for instance) add that info with a source URL.

Given the situation, it is more likely that any biography of politicians will be defaced by morons. As soon as a political figure's page has a bio and info added, it should be locked and only sensible people given access to make updates.

9/26/2020 at 9:27 AM

This is one of the reasons I have not been using this site. Nobody's political agenda should be shoved down other's throats, especially on a genealogy page. I get it. Somebody despises the President. Get over it, move on to something productive. There should only be factual information presented here, especially on a profile of a President of the United States. I have not even looked at the profile since people started adding all the false information. Very current information absolutely cancels out much of these fairytales. Please clean up this profile to only include facts.

Private User
9/26/2020 at 9:42 AM

I agree that politics and subjective opinions do not belong on any serious genealogical website. Elected public officials are quite often the subjects of smear tactics, particularly during election season. But just because anything can be said about anyone doesn't mean that it ought to be repeated, especially on a formalized Geni profile. Genealogy is about family and kinship. A sitting president and his family deserve as much respect as anyone else. The US and Americans deserve as much respect as any other nation. You can respect people and still disagree with or dislike them. But it is far more mature and professional to respect other human beings.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/people/donald-j-trump/

Private User
9/26/2020 at 11:18 AM

There is always two sides of every coin, deal, etc, if it's not one thing it's the other, more workers in the coal industry, good, and of course bad at the same time as we got more pollution and more earlier death among the workers and people in the affected areas, a peace agreement that satisfies two of three sides is still bad for the side left over. What to wrote about a sitting president is not that easy that you can only mention one thing but not the other bad side effects if mentioned at all.

9/26/2020 at 11:28 AM

Okay then, let's dive in.

1. >> His election and policies have sparked numerous protests. Trump has made many false or misleading statements during his campaign and presidency. The statements have been documented by fact-checkers, and the media have widely described the phenomenon as unprecedented in American politics. Many of his comments and actions have also been characterized as racially charged or racist.
> I want to know their SOURCE

The "numerous protests" are enumerated at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_protests_against_Donald_T... Here they are -- if anyone wants to argue that these were not, in fact, protests or that the totality of them does not constitute "numerous" then let's hear your evidence for such a claim:

January 2017

Protest in Chicago on January 20
January 20 – Fifty women from El Paso, Texas and Ciudad Juárez, demonstrated against the proposed wall and the Trump Administration immigration policies by standing on the US/Mexico border, linked by hands and braiding scarves or hair together between 7 am and 9 am.[288][289] The women were part of an organization called Boundless Across Borders.[289]
January 20, inauguration – Multiple protests took place in connection with the inauguration of Donald Trump as the President of the United States of America.[290]

Women's March in Washington D.C.
January 21, Women's Marches – A series of political rallies known as Women's Marches took place in locations around the world.[291][292] Estimates suggest between 3.3 and 4.6 million people took part, making it the largest protest in United States history.[293]
January 25 – Seven Greenpeace members climbed a construction crane belonging to Clark Construction and displayed a large banner saying "Resist", blocking traffic and interrupting work on a new office building a half-mile from The White House.[294]
File:Trump Immigration Order Sparks Protests at NY Airport.webmhd.webm
'Trump Immigration Order Sparks Protests at NY Airport' report from Voice of America
January 28 – Protests occurred at airports across the US,[295] including O'Hare International Airport in Chicago,[296] JFK Airport in New York, SFO in San Francisco,[296][297] LAX in Los Angeles[298] and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.[299]
January 29 – Protests against executive order 13769, banning travelers and refugees from certain countries continue at airports and public spaces, continue in the United States[300][301][302] and internationally.[303]
January 30 – A protest occurred at the U.S. Consulate in Toronto, Canada in the wake of Trump's executive order on immigration.[304] A demonstration by Democrats was held outside of the Supreme court to protest the executive order.[305] Across major cities in the United Kingdom, large crowds varying from over 200 people, protested against the Trump Administration's order on banning travellers and refugees from certain countries, as well supporting the petition to ban the Trump state visit to the U.K, which gathered over one million signatures in two days.[306]
January 31 – Protests against Executive Order 13769 continue. In Las Cruces, New Mexico, demonstrators showed up outside the Islamic Center to show support for the Muslim community.[307]
February 2017
February 2 – Yemeni business owners in New York City shut down their various businesses from noon until 8 pm to protest Executive Order 13769.[308] Thousands of Comcast employees in Portland, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and Sunnyvale walked off the job in protest of the same executive order.[309] An LGBT anti-Trump rally was held in West Hollywood.[310] Some Baltimore residents protested both against this executive order and against "alleged drafts of orders" that might target LGBT rights.[311]
February 3 – Mock vigils for the Bowling Green massacre, a fictitious event accidentally created by Kellyanne Conway while defending executive order 13769 took place in Bowling Green, Kentucky[312] and at Bowling Green train station in New York City.[313][314] An LGBT "dance protest" was held outside the Trump International Hotel in downtown Washington, D.C., with several hundred participants.[315]

Protests in St. Louis

LGBT Solidarity Rally on February 4
February 4 – Protests occurred near Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach.[316] Between 1,200[316] and 2,000 protesters attended, starting outside Trump Plaza and continuing on Flagler Drive.[317] Protests also occurred in Toronto,[318] San Francisco,[319] and London against the travel ban.[320] The London protest also objected to Trump's upcoming state visit.[320] Outside of the Stonewall Inn, thousands of LGBTQ supporters protested against Trump.[321][322]
February 5 – Protests outside of Super Bowl LI took place in Houston.[323] Hundreds attended a march going from Hermann Park to NRG Stadium.[324] In Los Angeles, around 1,500 demonstrators protested against the Dakota and Keystone XL pipeline project.[325]
February 6 – Around 200 people protested outside of the Trump International Hotel in Manhattan against Executive Order 13769.[326] Twenty rabbis were arrested in the protest.[326]
February 7 – Protesters in New York marched outside of Goldman Sachs' headquarters to protest "Wall Street's involvement in President Donald Trump's administration."[327]
February 10 – Thousands of protesters in Iran demonstrated against Trump in Azadi Square on the anniversary of the Islamic Revolution.[328]
February 11 – Thousands gather at Ocean Beach in San Francisco and spell out the word "Resist !!", with overflow crowds creating an underline.[329] In Scotland, protesters in Edinburgh demonstrate against Trump.[330] Protests also occurred in Prague.[331] Thousands protested in Raleigh in support of LGBT rights and against Trump.[332]
February 12 – Thousands in cities across Mexico took to the streets in protest against Trump's attitude towards Mexicans and his proposed border wall.[333] Hundreds of protesters in Chicago lined up along the Chicago River and then mooned Trump Tower.[334]
February 13 – The "Day Without Latinos" strike in Milwaukee protested both Trump-supporter, Sheriff David Clarke and the Trump administration's aggressive moves on immigrants.[335] Students at Howard University protested Betsy DeVos's visit to the campus and have asked campus administration to block President Trump from visiting.[336]
February 14 – A protest against the Trump administration took place in Rochester.[337]
February 16 – A Day Without Immigrants took place around the United States where immigrants stayed home from school, work and did not spend money in order to show their impact on society. The protest was in response to the Trump administration's stance on immigration and increased federal raids.[338]

Day Without Immigrants 2017 – Protesters in Washington, D.C.
February 17 – General strike (see also: Day Without Immigrants 2017), prior to President's Day.[339][340] Hundreds of people demonstrated against the Trump administration in Washington Square Park.[340]
February 18 – Anti-Trump protesters demonstrated in a peaceful protest outside of a Trump rally held at the Orlando-Melbourne International Airport.[341] In New York, a staged funeral to "mourn the death of the U.S. presidency took place in Washington Square Park.[342]
February 19 – Over 1,000 people participated in the "I Am a Muslim Too" rally at Times Square.[343] The event was organized by Russell Simmons and several religious leaders of different faiths.[343] Boston held a rally in support of science and the environment.[342]
File:Not My President's Day Protest VOA.webm
'Not My President's Day Protest' video from Voice of America
February 20 – Not My Presidents Day, thousands of protesters in cities around the country demonstrated against Trump.[344]
February 21 – Protesters participated in a "Resist Trump Tuesday" protest in Chicago where 8 clergy members of different faiths were arrested.[345]
February 22 – After the Trump administration rescinded the protections for transgender students to use school restrooms that correspond to their gender identity, protests took place.[346] There were around 200 people demonstrating in front of the White House in support of transgender students' rights.[347] The city council of Richmond, California passed a resolution which supported an investigation of Trump in relation to the Foreign Emoluments Clause of the Constitution.[348]
February 24 – The United Talent Agency (UTA), which had already cancelled its Oscars party, hosted a rally against Trump, called "United Voices."[349] The event helped raise $320,000 for the ACLU and the International Rescue Committee.[349] At the rally were Jodie Foster, Michael J. Fox, Keegan-Michael Key and other celebrities.[350] There were nearly 2,000 attendees.[349]
February 27 – A peaceful protest that stopped some traffic occurred in Minneapolis in the evening. The protest drew between 150 and 200 demonstrators who protested Trump and were in support of $15 minimum wage.[351]
February 28 – Protesters in Vancouver demonstrated anti-Trump sentiment during the grand opening of the Trump hotel in Vancouver.[352] Outside the White House, despite pouring rain, Rosie O'Donnell led a few hundred protesters against Trump.[353]
March 2017
March 1 – Protests against Trump using the hashtag, #CampusResistance, occurred on college campuses across the United States.[354]
March 2 – Employees of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) protested proposed budget cuts for their department. There were a "few dozen" protesters at the Federal Plaza in Chicago.[355]
March 3 – Around 1,000 protesters in Chicago demonstrated for transgender rights and against the Trump administration.[356] In Palm Beach, around 100 protesters demonstrated against Trump, and one protester was arrested and given a traffic ticket and then released.[357]
March 4 – Counter-protesters at Pro-Trump rallies (Spirit of America) occurred on March 4, with one protest, at Berkeley, becoming a violent clash between pro and anti-Trump groups.[358] Ten people were arrested in connection with the violence and the protest briefly shut down the BART station at Berkeley.[359] In Minneapolis, anti-Trump and pro-Trump supporters also clashed and six people were arrested for setting off firecrackers.[360]
March 6 – A rally held outside of the White House against the new travel ban. Tom Perez was one of the speakers.[361]
March 8 – A Day Without a Woman, a call for women not to work on International Women's Day.[362]
March 10 – Thousands of protesters marched from the US Army Corps of Engineers headquarters to the White House to protest the Dakota Pipeline decision by Trump.[363]
March 12 – In Baltimore, several groups protested the revised travel ban.[364] On Sunday morning, an anonymous environmental group carved the message "NO MORE TIGERS. NO MORE WOODS." into the greens of the Trump National Golf Club in Rancho Palos Verdes.[365] On the same day, in Brentwood, Los Angeles, roughly 50–60 people protested outside the offices of Breitbart News aiming to "hold the Trump Administration accountable for its unprecedented assault on the free press."[366]
March 14 – Tech industry workers protested Trump's policies on Pi Day.[367] There were a few hundred protesters in Palo Alto.[368]
March 15 – Hundreds of protesters demonstrated outside of a Trump rally in Nashville.[369] A physician, Carol Paris, interrupted the rally with a sign reading "Improved Medicare for All" and when she was met with boos from the crowd, Trump stopped speaking and she was asked to leave.[370] In Detroit, about 300 protesters demonstrated at the Willow Run Airport and denounced Trump's environmental policies.[371]
March 17 – A small protest against Trump took in took place in Aspen.[372] In New York, the "Irish Stand" event took place. It was led by Aodhán Ó Riordáin in Riverside Church and opposed Trump's stance on immigration.[373]
March 18 – Protests in London, Cardiff and Glasgow against Brexit and Trump's "anti-migrant hysteria."[374]
March 20 – Hundreds of protesters on Monday waved signs and gave fiery speeches at the gates to Freedom Hall ahead President Donald Trump's visit to tout his plan to replace Obamacare, booing as Air Force One passed overhead for landing.[375][376]
March 21 – In opposition to "Trump Care," around 300 protesters held a "die-in" outside of the office of Representative Darrell Issa in Vista, California.[377]
March 25 – Trump supporters clashed with Protesters after the Trump supporters path were blocked by the protesters.[378]
March 28 – Anti-Trump Protesters Gather Outside Senator Cornyn's Houston Office and voice their opinion.[379]
April 2017

Tax March demonstrators outside the United States Capitol
April 1 – Hundreds of protesters showed up for a "dance party" protest outside of Ivanka Trump's Washington, D.C. home.[380]
April 2 – Around 300 people, both pro and anti Trump came to a rally at Esther Short Park.[381]
April 3 – Protesters displayed a banner with the words "Impeach Trump" at the opening day game at Nationals Park.[382]
April 4 – Movie theaters across the United States and in five other countries screened 1984 in a protest against Donald Trump.[383][384]
April 9 – More than 3,000 people came to the Dallas MegaMarch demonstration to protest Trump's immigration policies.[385][386] Protests against Trump's strike on Syria occurred in Milwaukee.[387]
April 10 – Children and young adults from the group, We Belong Together, start their spring break trip to Washington D.C. to protest Trump. They first protested on Monday outside of Mayor Carlos Gimenez's office because the mayor of Miami-Dade County has agreed to work with Trump.[388]
April 11 – Protests against both Trump and Representative Marsha Blackburn took place in Clarksville, Tennessee.[389]
April 12 – The "first protest in space" was carried out by the Autonomous Space Agency Network (ASAN) by printing a tweet against Trump and flown into the near-space atmosphere.[390]
April 13 – Around 25 protesters from the group, "Rise and Resist" were arrested while protesting immigration policies at Trump Tower.[391] Around 200 young people and other activists from We Belong Together protested in front of the White House.[392]
April 15 – The Tax March demanded that Donald Trump release his tax returns. Thousands attended rallies and marches held throughout the U.S.[393][394] At least 21 people were arrested as Trump supporters and opponents clashed Saturday at the Civic Center Park in Berkeley, California, police said. Another eleven people were also injured.[395]
April 18 – Protesters came to Snap-on Inc. in Kenosha, Wisconsin to urge Trump to release his tax returns. President Trump was there to sign an executive order.[396]
April 22 – March for Science – "Crowds massed in the US capital and around the world on Earth Day to support science and evidence-based research – a protest partly fueled by opposition to President Donald Trump's threats of budget cuts to agencies funding scientists' work."[397]
April 29 – People's Climate Mobilization, environmental activists planned out rallies and marches in Washington, D.C., and throughout the United States.[398]
May 2017
May 1 – Immigration rights strike and protest were planned.[399] The 2017 May Day protests took place across the country.[400]
May 3 – Demonstrators rallied outside the White House to protest executive order 13798, Promoting Free Speech and Religious Liberty.[401]
May 4 – A protest took place in New York when Trump returned to the city for the first time since he took office.[402] A protest took place at the Wallace Bennett Federal Building in Salt Lake City after the House passage of the American Health Care Act (AHCA).[403]
May 9 – Hundreds of protesters rallied outside of the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., demanding that Trump keep the United States in the Paris Climate Agreement.[404]
May 10 – A protest against Trump took place outside of the White House where demonstrators called for an independent prosecutor and for Trump's impeachment.[405] Betsy DeVos was booed and students turned their back to her when she gave a commencement speech at Bethune-Cookman University.[406]
May 11 – Protesters in Butte gathered to demonstrated against Donald Trump, Jr. and Greg Gianforte.[407] Around 150 protesters in San Diego protested against Trump and the GOP.[408]
May 13 – Around 200 protesters spelled out the word "Resist!" with their bodies on Trump National Golf Course in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.[409] Around a hundred protesters demonstrated in Lynchburg against Trump's Liberty University address.[410] Protesters in South Florida demonstrated in Little Haiti against the deportation of Haitian refugees.[411]
May 15 - Protesters in Seattle rallied in front of the federal courthouse in opposition to the travel ban.[412] In Washington D.C., artist Robin Bell used a video projector to project words onto the Trump International Hotel, where many foreign businessmen and diplomats stay. Phrases shown included "PAY TRUMP BRIBES HERE" and "EMOLUMENTS WELCOME" (a reference to the controversy over Trump and the Foreign Emoluments clause.[413]
May 20 – Protests took place in Yemen in opposition of Trump's visit to Saudi Arabia. Thousands of demonstrators aligned with Houthi rebels marched through Sana'a.[414]
May 23 – Thousands of demonstrators in Gaza supporting the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) protested Trump's visit to Bethlehem.[415] Protesters in Rome demonstrated against Trump's visit to the Vatican.[416] Hundreds of students walked out on Mike Pence's commencement speech at Notre Dame in order to protest Trump administration policies.[417]
May 24 – Around 9,000 people in Brussels attended a rally against Trump who called the city a "hellhole." Belgians at the protest indicated that he was not welcome and that they were against "his war agenda."[418][419]
May 27 – A protest took place near the location of the G-7 summit in Giardini Naxos.[420]
June 2017
June 1 – Protesters demonstrated in front of the White House against Trump's pullout from the Paris Climate Agreement.[421]
June 3 – Thousands of protesters participated in the March for Truth.[422]
July 2017
July 2 – "Impeachment March" rallies in several major U.S. cities advocated for U.S. Congress to start the impeachment process for Trump.[423]
July 4 – An anti-Trump rally coinciding with Independence Day called "We Will Not Be Banned" protests Trump's immigration policies at Trump Tower.[424]
August 2017
August 13 – Thousands protest in New York City as President Trump returns to Trump Tower for the first time since January 19[425]
August 19 – Responses to the 2017 Unite the Right Rally took place in various cities. In particular in Boston, 40,000 people counter-protested the Boston Free Speech rally.[426]

Protest against Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as capital of Israel, Tehran, 11 December 2017
August 22 – Thousands protest in Phoenix outside the Phoenix convention center while President Trump visits to make a campaign rally speech in the Phoenix Convention Center.[427]
August 26 – Thousands protested Trump in California outside the Los Angeles City Hall while Congresswoman Judy Chu lead a rally as Keynote Speaker in support of the Indivisible March on Women's Equality Day that was dedicated to Heather Heyer. The Indivisible March was founded by Indivisible Suffragists, one of over 6,000 Indivisible Groups nationwide, with similar events that was co-organized in Alaska, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Minnesota, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Utah, Washington and West Virginia[428][429][430][431][432][433]
September 2017
September 5 – Thousands protest throughout the country in response to the termination of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.[434]
September 19 – Ten people, including Congressman Raúl Grijalva, Congressman Luis Gutiérrez, Congressman Adriano Espaillat, and Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito of the New York City Council are arrested protesting in front of Trump Tower.[435]
September 24 – Hundreds of players throughout the National Football League protest during the national anthem.[436]

Protest against U.S. involvement in the military intervention in Yemen, New York City, December 2017
November 2017
November 10 – In the Philippines, Militant group stage the protests against Trump, who will be visiting in the country for the 2017 ASEAN Summit.[437][438]
November 21 – In Palm Beach, hundreds protest outside Mar-a-Lago before President Trump arrives over the termination of Temporary Protected Status.[439]
January 2018
January 15 – Hundreds protest in Times Square against President Trump on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.[440]
January 20 – Hundreds of thousands protested during the 2018 Women's March, on the first day of a government shutdown.[441]
January 29 – People's State of the Union joint protest.[442]
June 2018
Protests against family separation in U.S. immigration enforcement took place throughout May, June and July.[443][444][445]
July 2018

"Kremlin Annex" protesters, November 2018.
July 13 – Protests in several UK cities, during Trump's visit to London, including flying the Donald Trump baby balloon.[446]
July 17 – Occupy Lafayette Park "Kremlin Annex" protest.[447] Protesters first gathered outside the White House as Trump returned from his summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, yelling "traitor", and assuming the metaphor whereby the White House had become an annex of the Kremlin.[448] The protest has become a continuous daily event in operation for over 109 days as of November 1, 2018,[449] featuring musicians and celebrities[450][451] on an amplified speaking platform.[452]
October 2018
October 30 – The visitation of Trump at Tree of Life – Or L'Simcha Congregation in Pittsburgh, following the shooting of the Jews there 3 days earlier, was greeted by the protest.[453]
November 2018
A protester holds up a sign that reads "Act Now - Protect Mueller".
Protesters wanting protection for Robert Mueller's Special Counsel investigation in San Jose, California.
November 8 – "Nobody Is Above the Law" protests occur in various cities due to the firing of Attorney General Jeff Sessions.[454]
November 30 – A baby Trump blimp, similar to that one in London, was floated outside the Congress in Buenos Aires where the G20 Summit is held.[455][456]
February 2019
February 15 – Following Trump's declaration of National Emergency to build a border wall, demonstrators gathered in front of Trump Tower in Manhattan, New York City.[457]
February 18 – Demonstrations were held throughout the country on Presidents' Day, in protest of Trump's declaration of a national emergency.[458]
June 2019
June 3 – Several thousands protest outside of Buckingham Place in the UK where Trump was making a State visit.[459]
October 2019
October 27 – President Trump and his wife Melania were booed by baseball fans as they attended the World Series held in Nationals Park in Washington, D.C., while chanting "lock him up!" [460]
November 2019
November 2 – Trump was booed by the fans as he attended the UFC fight held in Madison Square Garden in New York.[461]
November 11 – Trump's attendance at the New York City Veterans Day Parade was greeted by both supporters and protesters with the latter calling for impeachment.[462]
December 2019
December 11 – An artwork of Donald Trump, alongside with Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte, is seen displaying at the Bantayog ng mga Bayani in Quezon City in Metro Manila during the protests on International Human Rights day.[463]
December 17 - nationwide "No One Is Above the Law" rallies calling on Congress to vote for impeachment and removal from office; ~500 events in all 50 states[464]
January 2020
January 29 – Swarm The Senate protest takes place in Washington D.C., demanding witnesses in Trump's trial and lawyer John Bolton to testify.[465]
February 2020
February 5 – Protestors swarm the streets in various cities protesting Trump's acquittal.[466]
May 2020
After Trump won the primaries

An effigy seen in San Diego on show of May 26, 2016, featuring Trump with the word "Bigot" taped on while wearing a sombrero and holding a Mexican flag
See also: 2016 Donald Trump Las Vegas rally incident
May 7 – Protesters shouting "Love Trumps Hate" met Trump supporters before his second rally in Washington. Many protesters outside spoke out against Trump's words and policy stances regarding women, Hispanics, and Muslims, including his plan to build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico. Later in the day, a group of protesters blocked a road near where Trump was supposed to speak, hoping to keep him from reaching the location. According to authorities, "a small number of arrests" were made.[467]
May 24 – Following a rally in Albuquerque, New Mexico, protesters began throwing rocks and bottles at police and police horses, smashed a glass door at the convention center, and burned a number of Trump signs and flags, filling the street with smoke.[468][57] Video footage of the incident also showed protesters jumping on top of several police cars.[469]
June 2020
June 10 – Anti-Trump protesters and Trump supporters clashed outside a rally in Richmond, Virginia. One Trump supporter was punched and several protesters were pushed to the ground by police. Five people were arrested but only one was charged.
June 16 – A photographer for the Dallas Advocate was hit on head with a rock that had been thrown from a crowd outside a Dallas rally that included both Trump supporters and protesters.[71]
June 19 – During a rally in Las Vegas, Michael Sandford, a 20-year-old British national, was arrested for assault and held in the county jail until he was arraigned in federal court and charged with "an act of violence on restricted grounds". He was accused of attempting to seize a police officer's firearm and later claiming he intended to kill Trump. A British citizen, he was in the U.S. illegally and is being held without bond.[72][73] He has since then pleaded guilty to federal charges of being an illegal alien in possession of a firearm and disrupting an official function.[470]
July 2020
July 1 – Three people were arrested after a conflict occurred between Trump supporters and anti-Trump protesters outside the Western Conservative Summit. According to The Gazette, a man grabbed pro-Trump bumper stickers from a woman selling them outside Denver's convention center, ripped some of them, and threw them in her face. A pushing match then ensued, with many people spilling into the street.[471]

2. The idea that fact-checkers have concluded Trump has made many false or misleading statements are backed by the following Washington Post article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-datab... If you want to argue that these are not false or misleading, or that the totality of them do not constitute "many" then let's hear your evidence for such a claim.

3. I would support removing or modifying the line "the media have widely described the phenomenon as unprecedented in American politics" as it would be nearly impossible to provide evidence for what "the media widely describes". Certainly many reputable media sources have said as much, but what is to be considered "widely" ?

4. The source for the line "Many of his comments and actions have also been characterized as racially charged or racist" is at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump and it seems fair to say that these comments HAVE been characterized as racially charged or racist. This fact is (among other things) at the center of of Trump's reputation as a politician.

5. >> the Iran nuclear deal, eventually increasing tensions with the country. He recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and imposed import tariffs triggering a trade war with China.
> Very much an opinion very much biased

The Wikipedia article has since been updated and if a curator wants to update the About to reflect the update, that's fine by me. I fail to see what's opinion here, though; withdrawing from the Iran nuclear deal DID increase tensions with that country, as evidenced by an official statement from Iran's Ministry of Foreign Affairs: "We are extremely concerned that the United States is once again acting contrary to the opinion of the majority of states and exclusively in its own narrow-minded and opportunistic interests, in flagrant violation of international law"

Trump did issue a proclamation on December 6, 2017 that stated "With respect to the State of Israel, that requires officially recognizing Jerusalem as its capital and relocating the United States Embassy to Israel to Jerusalem as soon as practicable."

Trump did impose import tariffs on Chinese goods (to name two: solar panels, which China manufactures more of than any other country; washing machines, for which China was the leading exporter to the US in 2016). "Trade war" is evidenced by China's response, which was to impose tariffs in 128 products imported from the United States. If retaliatory tariffs aren't a trade war, I don't know what is.

6. >>A special counsel investigation led by Robert Mueller found that Trump and his campaign welcomed and encouraged Russian foreign interference in the 2016 presidential election under the belief that it would be politically advantageous, but did not find sufficient evidence to press charges of criminal conspiracy or coordination with Russia. Mueller also investigated Trump for obstruction of justice, and his report neither indicted nor exonerated Trump on that count. A 2019 House impeachment inquiry found that Trump solicited foreign interference in the 2020 U.S. presidential election from Ukraine to help his re-election bid and then obstructed the inquiry itself. The House impeached Trump on December 18, 2019, for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The Senate acquitted him of both charges on February 5, 2020
> I must say This is biased and it is baseless and Inaccurate.

What's inaccurate about it? The Mueller report is at https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf and it states, "the investigation established that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election through the “active measures” social media campaign carried out by the IRA" [Internet Research Agency, which the report also states was headed by a wealthy Russian businessman with ties to Putin] and "the investigation established multiple links between Trump Campaign officials and individuals tied to the Russian government. Those links included Russian offers of assistance to the Campaign. In some instances, the Campaign was receptive to the offer, while in other instances the Campaign officials shied away. Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities. "

The House impeachment report is at https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20191216/CRPT-116hrpt346.pdf and it states, "Using the powers of his high office, President Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election" and "In the history of the Republic, no President has ever ordered the complete defiance of an impeachment inquiry or sought to obstruct and impede so comprehensively the ability of the House of Representatives to investigate ‘‘high Crimes and Misdemeanors’’. This abuse of office served to cover up the President’s own repeated misconduct and to seize and control the power of impeachment—and thus to nullify a vital constitutional safeguard vested solely in the House of Representatives."

With the possible exception of that "widely" remark, everything I see here is FACT. If any of you want to suggest alternate text for this About section, feel free to present your text here along with proper evidence.

9/26/2020 at 11:42 AM

So this is attached to his profile. Now remove half the stuff that is on his About.

9/26/2020 at 11:45 AM

Again, I suggest LOOK at Biden's profile. Let that be a guide. Look at some others. There does not need to be controversy. Yes there are two sides but actually, more than that. All he needs is the basics. The rest is dependent on one's personal and world view.

9/26/2020 at 11:53 AM

Former President Obama is lovely. No word on Benghazi, Fast and Furious, no mention of Bergdahl or the Body guard scandal in Cartagena... nothing about the ring he wears as his wedding band or any statements from his own autobiographies or from his half brother... None of that and I am fine with it. Lets look at William Blythe/Clinton's next...

9/26/2020 at 11:55 AM

Yup! Nothing of the blue dress or "depends on what the definition of the word is, is"

Please. I and many others just ask for a simple bio without the other stuff.

9/26/2020 at 12:46 PM

Claiming that other profiles are missing facts isn't really a very good argument for removing facts from this one. Should we remove mention of the Holocaust from Adolf Hitler's profile? Maybe erase Stalin's biography and just state that he had a really bitchin' mustache?

If you want to put factual information on the profiles for Biden, Obama, or Clinton then be my guest.

9/26/2020 at 12:51 PM

It is not about erasing or adding. Simply about being consistent.

9/26/2020 at 12:58 PM

As I said....there is no need to add a bunch of derogatory remarks on someone's "overview" page. Someone's opinion as to what are "facts" should be added into the "source" section. There are many celebrities and other famous people that have profiles that do not blatantly display all the dirt on them. There is an adult mannerism...called "respect" ....that more and more people are lacking these days. Whether you LOVE or HATE Trump is irrelevant here. If you hate him, you make say "He deserves to be made to look a fool". The bible says to turn the other cheek....judge not lest ye be judged. The voters will determine their opinions on him by casting their vote. I don't see any mention about Monica Lewinsky and the "cigar incident" on Bill Clinton's profile. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Shall we just try any dig up as much dirt as we can...add a little water...and start flinging the mud around!

9/26/2020 at 1:02 PM

Should we remove mention of the Holocaust from Adolf Hitler's profile? Maybe erase Stalin's biography and just state that he had a really bitchin' mustache?

Comparison of our US President to those monsters is just atrocious!

Showing 1-30 of 114 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion