Alice Maminot - Is this correct: Husband of https://www.geni.com/people/William-de-Chesney-Lord-of-Caenby-Glentham/6000000002188040956?

Started by Marvin Loyd Welborn on Thursday, September 10, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
9/10/2020 at 7:22 PM

Alice de Maminot

the Overview speaks of this person as the wife of others. furthermore, her birth & death dates are inconsistent with that of her 'purported' daughter Adelaide de Chesney

something's amiss here.

12/4/2022 at 6:16 PM

I see you wrote this over 2 years ago and no response. I cannot answer your question but have some things to add to it. Alice is listed to have been born in 1135, her husband William died in 1086 (49 years before she was born, and their daughter Adelaide was born in 1088 ( over a year after William died and about 47 years before Alice was born). I have seen bad dates from several in this time frame where they guessed on a lot of dates and when a real one came up the others were way off. Another thing is that Medlands, English untitled nobility section, has this text.
A manuscript which records donations to Lewes priory includes in Sussex records "ecclesiam villæ de Bristelmestone" donated by "Radulfus de Cheisneto" for the soul of "Emmæ uxoris suæ" and confirmed by "Willielmus comes junior" [William de Warenne Earl of Surrey], and land "et molinum de Bardeseia" donated by "Radulfus junior de Chaisneto" for the soul of "Emmæ uxoris eius"[1409]. m [secondly] (before 1130) ALICE Maminot, daughter of HUGH Maminot & his wife [Emma] Peverel. The cartulary of Merton Priory records that Hugh Maminot gave the manor of Petham, Kent to "Ralph de Chesney in marriage with his daughter Alice"[1410]. Ralph [II] & his [second] wife had one child:
If this is the same Alice did she marry Ralph or William?

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion