Benjamin Harrelson, Sr - Parent disconnection and what??????

Started by Susanne Floyd - on and off the grid on Monday, August 31, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
8/31/2020 at 6:10 PM

I understand disconnecting Benjamin Harrelson, Sr. from Paul Harrelson, Sr. and Rebecca Burgess as parents, which someone did in March, but the information on Paul Sr's profile indicates that Benjamin is the grandson (son of Paul Harrelson, Jr. and Patience Lewis). The current parents are listed as William and NN and have no sourcing to indicate why or notes that I can find.

I am still trying to get Benjamin's wives sorted and there are many issues. I think that several of the children need merging and probably sorting with mothers. Any thoughts???????

8/31/2020 at 6:14 PM

Profiles that need to be attached as correct parents, I think are

Paul Harrelson, Jr.

Patience Harrelson

9/2/2020 at 11:54 AM

I reverted the parent disconnect.

Currently the family shows as

Benjamin Harrelson, Sr
Birth: 1725
New Kent, New Kent County, Virginia, United States
Death: March 02, 1802 (76-77)
Marion, Marion County, South Carolina, United States
Immediate Family:
Son of Paul Harrelson, Sr. and Rebecca (Burgess) Harrelson
Husband of Ruth Commander; Selah (Commander) Harrelson and Celia (Smith) Harrelson

Parent & wives conflicts with https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Harrelson-33

Which shows children as

Charity Harrelson, Henry Hugh Harrelson, Lucy Harrelson, Mary Ann (Harrelson) Shooter, Molly Harrelson, Benjamin Harrelson, Patience (Harrelson) Norton, Lewis Harrelson, Celia (Harrelson) Bethea, Benjamin Harrelson Jr. and Abigail (Harrelson) Grice

9/2/2020 at 12:02 PM

I don’t think Ruth Commander is correct, and I merged the profile for her into Selah. Ruth added as an AKA name.

9/2/2020 at 12:22 PM

Mary Norton Is ambiguously named: also seen as Mary Elizabeth Seymore.

9/2/2020 at 2:02 PM

Yes, I think that the parents of Benjamin were more likely the Paul Harrelson, Jr. and Patience Lewis Harrelson. There is some source notation and the wikitree noted shows that also.

I saw a "Ruth Selah Commander" on some tree or something somewhere. I think that is possible. The daughters of Benjamin were confusing as there was a Patience Mimsey and another Patience. Same father, different mothers. No clarity at all. I had Paul Harrelson as an ancestor in two lines, as I have Sarah Prudence in one and Benjamin in one.

9/2/2020 at 3:15 PM

The Will of Paul Harrelson Sr - does NOT list a son Benjamin:

Hanover County Virginia Court Records 1733-1735 Deeds, Wills and Inventories compiled by Rosalie Edith Davis published by Heritage Trails of Manchester, Missouri

PAUL HARRELSON of St. Pauls Parish, New Kent County in perfect memory appoint this my last will and testament. I give my soul unto the hands of Almighty God and commit my body to the Ground to be buried in a Christian burial, at the direction of my executors. I give to my beloved son PETER HARRELSON, 240 acres on the south side of Crumps Creek being the same on which he now liveth; To my aforesaid son Peter Harrelson, a negro mannamed Tony; To my well beloved son PAUL HARRELSON the plantation whereonI now dwell with all the land and appurtenances belonging to the same; to my said son Paul a negro lad named Goliah and a negro girl named Betty and a feather bed and furniture; to my GRANDDAUGHTER REBEKKAH SIMS a negro girl named Parthenia: to my well beloved daughter ANNE CHILES a negro boy named Dinnis, a feather bed and furniture; to my well beloved daughter JUDITH HARRELSON a negro girl named Kate also a feather bed and furniture; I give the remaining part of my Estate real or personal to be equally divided amony my wife and all my children of her begotten. I appoint my beloved WIFE REBEKKAH HARRELSON and my son Peter Harrelson executrixand executor. 18 Aug. 1718. Paul HarrelsonWit: John Sneed, John Meeks, John Snead Jr.Proved the 5 April 1734 Acknowledged by Paul Harrelson and HENRY CHILES Hanover County, Virginia Court Records 1733-1735 pg. 46-47 Submitted by: Ben Around The World

9/2/2020 at 4:14 PM

I know. Erica, I think Benjamin is the son of Paul Harrison, Jr. and Patience Lewis Harrelson.

9/2/2020 at 4:45 PM

This was an interesting find on Find a Grave regarding Peter Paul Harrelson, Sr. and a very different story from being a Danish Capt. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/105493041/paul-peter-harrelson

Son Peter and son Paul.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion