הקצין רבי שמואל היליס,פרנס ועד ד ארצות ומנהיג הקהילה בבריסק - Was his wife the daughter of Rabbi Pinchas Halevi Horowitz?

Started by Haim Wartski, HaCohen on Sunday, August 23, 2020
Showing all 3 posts
8/23/2020 at 10:33 AM

In all the sources I found it is written that he was the son-in-law of Rabbi Pinchas Halevi Horowitz
his profile:
Rabbi Pinchas HaLevi Horowitz
But, in one source it is written that he was married twice: his first wife was the daughter of Rabbi Pinchas Halevi Horowitz, and when she died he married a member of the Katzenelnbogen family
One thing is for sure:
She was not from the Shapira family as written in her profile
Does anyone know who was the mother of Rebbetzin Miriam, wife of R 'Yehoshua Heschel Charif, of Krakow, Meginei Shlomo
That way I can know who my great-grandmother was?

8/24/2020 at 9:47 AM

Good question; I don't know the answer (yet). On another note; You Refer to the Moginei Shlomo as R' Yehoshua Heschel Charif. IMHO he should not be called Heschel. 1. In most sources he's referred to only as R Yehoshua Charif. 2. That could cause some confusion with the "Rebbe R' Heschel", also of Krakow.

8/24/2020 at 11:29 AM

Jacob Mordechai Posner
Regarding the name of Meginei Shlomo, so it is written in his profile in geni,That's why I wrote his name that way,
By the way, also Rabbi Shmuel( mentioned above) according to Naftali Wakstein, his last name was not Hillis, but it is only a nickname
Similar things exist in many profiles where a certain person is given a last name and this is not true, it is just a nickname

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion