Curators: Please make this profile a Master Profile

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, August 21, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 211-240 of 1795 posts

Eugene Beaumont

first head football coach of The University of Alabama.

Hi,

Can someone please make Jacobina Comrie MP. Thanks

Jacobina Comrie was baptised on the 19th of January 1760 in Comrie, Perthshire, Scotland. She was first married to Peter Robertson on the 5th of September 1785 to whom she had issue, and secondly to John Tainsh on the 1st of August 1802 in Crieff. In other records, such as baptism and marriage records she is known as Beenie Comrie. Beenie is a nickname given to people who had a name ending with 'bina', as mentioned in Behind the Name.

with Peter Robertson she had four children:

Christian Robertson bapt. 22 April 1787 Killin, Perthshire.
Donald Robertson bapt. 2 November 1788 in Comrie Perthshire.
unknown Robertson bapt. 11 September 1791 in Lochearnhead, Stirling.
David Erskine Robertson, Esq bapt. 10 November 1795 in Crieff, Perthshire.
Jacobina Comrie

Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950

Name: Jacobina Comrie
Event Type: Christening
Event Date: 19 Jan 1760
Event Place: Comrie, Perthshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
Event Place (Original): Comrie, Perth, Scotland
Father's Name: Duncan Comrie
Mother's Name: Christian Stalker
GS Film Number: 1040075 Digital Folder Number: 007908028 Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11341-4 System Origin: ODM

Citing this Record "Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950", database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X1NN-ZPN : 11 February 2020), Christian Stalker in entry for Jacobina Comrie, 1760.

Private This profile Jacobina Comrie, Donald Robertson, David Erskine Robertson, Esq
I did. Tthe others are not ready for MPing yet

Private Jacobina Comrie done

Private User
Eugene Beaumont done

These profiles need MPing due to the real confusion that can happen with mix ups of wives/children/husbands. I have been working on them around 3 weeks to get them in shape.

Absalom Gasque War of 1812 veteran

Rebecca Gasque 1st wife of Absalom

Ann Rogers / Gasque 2nd wife of Absalom

Jonah C. Rogers 1st husband of Ann Davis Rogers Gasque

Pvt. Thomas Gasque, (CSA) son of Jonah and Ann, adopted son of Absalom. No spouse or issue but could be messed up in merges.

I have tried to put notes on all children's profiles to make sure parents are known. It was a hot mess with no info a few weeks ago.

Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) - on walkabout🇦🇺, you offered to look at them when I thought I was finished, but I am good with anyone who has the time to do it. I think the fields of these profiles can be locked, but would like for the about sections to stay open as I am still adding info if I find any more. Many thanks. This family has a lot of tentacles into the Pee Dee Region of SC. Still working on the other children, but let me know if I need to do more.

Susanne Floyd I curated the profiles. (I am happy for a curator who works in the time/place to take them over)

I have add a bio to each profile and locked the fields that had values in them.

From the cousin who asked you to look into as a saw it was a "hot mess" - thank you Susanne and all the other individuals who assisted as it definitely takes a . . . . !! how is it that my pee dee families are ALL a mess with several still needing a good workout!! any other additional help is appreciated.

Robyn Pace Sherma (Ford, Godbold, Floyd) and this is just the grandparents!! -

Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) - on walkabout🇦🇺, many thanks for that work! I didn't realize I learned a lot - about linking the children into the body. I like that. I just really like the whole format and will incorporate some of the features. Again, thanks so much for the work. This family may be an ongoing process for continuous improvement.

Thomas Lemuel Avery Brower, Actor

(+ parents and wives?)

I believe all of the basic facts are correct. I haven't found much on the second wife or any children so far.

Kinda cool to watch my first cousin (thrice removed) in a John Wayne movie!!! I'm going to try to find more of his movies and link them as well.

(I’m related to the Reno Gang ... Franklin Reno)

Elliott Speer Barker ("father" of Smokey Bear) Human "Father' of "Smokey Bear"

Game Warden Elliott Speer Barker with a badly burned bear cub that he discovered clinging to a tree after a New Mexico forest fire. The cub would later be named "Smokey Bear" and grown to symbolize forest safety throughout America.

I've worked the family around him and would like a curator to review the work and hopefully make him an MP. Thanks in advance, Bill

William Owen "Bill" Irwin

Since most of the people in this town work for the Forest Service, the National Parks Service, the California Department of Forestry, the Bureau of Land Management, etc., I thought I'd snag Smokey. ;)

Since Maryanne Trump is the manager of this duplicate, perhaps we ought to merge it into the MP.

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000007106626344?to=600000017...

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the USA

Donald Trump

(It is private though, and I don't know how that would or should be handled. Seems weird and a bit uncouth to me to maintain MPs for living people that their families have no control over.)

Jessica Marie German Thank you, Smokey Bear needs to be recognized, cool story

IM NOT SURE THAT WOULD BE RIGHT. EVERYONE HAS THEIR RIGHTS TO KEEP THEIR TREE PRIVATE.

Why would you have a private tree on a World Tree site?

No such thing as a private tree... or a "right" to it. We can do our best to keep our loved ones privacy and respect that of others but, yeah...

I think people who are working on their site and it is NOT finished, or people like of importance have a right to keep it private if they choose so.

Private User Geni is a different genealogy site to most others - where the goal is that we all work together on one world tree.

Here is a link to information about the World Tree - https://www.geni.com/projects/Working-with-the-World-Tree/12429 and Geni’s goals

Interestingly, I heard Daniel Horowitz, Genealogy Expert at MyHeritage, make basically the same point as Private User at a Genealogy presentation he gave within the past few years.

I registered it because I knew Geni' s policy, knew MyHeritage owned Geni, and understood Daniel to be high up in the MyHeritage hierarchy.

What Daniel said was something along the lines of - any decent genealogy site will let you choose to have your profiles private --

He wasn’t talking about Geni, Lois. MyHeritage is quite aware of Geni’s special status in their family of genealogy sites as the collaborative world family tree.

I know this because he’s formally a Geni curator. :)

Odd situation ~ I'm sure this affects more people than me since she has added over 1,000 profiles already. I have NOT contacted her, but I'm not sure she understands the one profile per person concept and maybe needs some guidance...... :)

There are two of her:
Anna Marie Leffew, Guice Leffew
Private User

Since we can't attach pictures I made an album with some screenshots of what I ran into. I'm not sure how to tactfully address it without offending or discouraging her. World trees are so controversial in some of the Facebook groups, maybe we need an orientation video before they can add anyone except themselves.... You guys are always great, and I thought this might need more than one person's input. Thank you in advance.

https://www.geni.com/photo/album/6000000003689260087?album_id=60000...

And I think I need to go to bed.... I meant to put this in the assistance discussion. I apologize!!!

Erica Howton - Daniel Horowitz was talking about ALL sites - and I explicitly asked him about Geni -- and he told us all that on Geni you could have a Tree separate from the World Tree, you could keep all profiles private in it, and if you were connected to the World Tree - Geni had Curators and you could ask and they would disconnect you from the World Tree.

Working With the World Tree still said
"If a merge involves a profile in a standalone tree, the merge will be pending until it is approved by a manager or collaborator in the other tree."
It was before Geni's programming was changed to restrict the changes Curators could do - so although it seemed to say they were not to merge the Trees in, they often did.
And Daniel was 100% sure a Geni user could get that reversed if it happened, and thus Geni met his standards

Mike changed that statement in Working with the World Family Tree on Feb. 17, 2021.
Does anyone recall - when was the Privacy Policy changed from can keep anyone in Max Family private to can keep anyone born less than 150 years ago private? I am thinking that was in 2020 - and thinking Daniel's talk was before that as well.

I thought Daniel had a Profile on Geni - Was going to tag him, so he could clarify, etc., but I failed to find him. I do not insist that is Daniel's position now, just that that is what I understood him to say then. Would be interested to know what he says now if you want to tag him.

Pamela Anne Schuwerk Mittman Stigall
Those are the profiles you just leave alone, so that you won't add to the mess. I don't know other than looking at them that one parent is Adopted parent,, and the other might be biological. Maybe the manager wants to have both,,, but GENI doesn't let you,,, so that was their way of keeping track. Hard to tell because the 2 Anna Marie profile have no dates or spouses, etc to identify them. It also could be that they are from German Catholics, and every daughter has a name starting with Anna Marie

Showing 211-240 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion