Curators: Please make this profile a Master Profile

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, August 21, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1621-1650 of 1795 posts

@Jim Wile That's great, thank you for making that connection!

Hi I got question,

My husband died today how do I get today death date on him.

Sgt. Larry Eugene Keaffaber

Billie

Oh Billie June Keaffaber! I am so very sorry.

He had claimed his profile, so geni customer support needs to release that claim; then you’ll be able to edit as you wish.

Erica,
Thanks for all help he was doing geni bit. But he’s gone now

Billie

Billie June Keaffaber
Deepest condolences

Stephen Daniel Harper - please accept the request to make Mitch Ryder a Master profile, it should be in your requests tab in your geni mailbox.

Jim Wile - very cool.

Billie June Keaffaber,
I am so sorry also. You and your family are in my prayers as you all grieve his passing.

Billie June Keaffaber
So sorry for your loss. Hopefully someone already took care of this, but in case they were all so shocked at the news that that they not only did not post the link but also did not report it - this is how to Report the Death of a Geni User so Customer Service will unclaim the profile:
https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/articles/229706547-How-do-I-report-a...

(You cannot add a Death date till that is done)

Oh shoot just added death date oppsssss. Sorry I will do that incase someone hasn’t done it yet. Sorry I still in shock was trying to get his military stuff in. Thanks Lois I will do right away.

Thanks everyone
Billie

Billie June Keaffaber - I had done the reporting to geni for you, they took our word for it. Your profile for him looks wonderful.

Erica,
Thanks I sent one to cover you then. Told them I post obit when we get that far need to go to funeral home tomorrow.

Billie

Capt. Ambrose Powell to keep separate from the other Ambrose Powells
I worked on the other Ambrose yesterday-- I moved his children and am waiting for some of them to be merged since I disconnected them from the wrong parents and am no longer able to work on them
https://www.klein-shiflett.com/shifletfamily/RFC/Powell/powellfc.html is a helpful link for his family group.
TIA

Dear curators, please make MP of profiles of Dmitry Sergeevich Sheremetev and Irina Illarionovna Vorontsova-Dashkova to prevent from making that profiles private and add additional children to them without curator's permission.

Also that 2 profiles have false child - Private and false grandson Private , who changed them to private 2 times already.

I wrote about it in theme also - https://www.geni.com/discussions/257430?msg=1637603

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 - made Capt. Ambrose Powell MP.

Private User - I opened a ticket with Geni customer support Re: the false private child Private

Hello Cynthia.
Thank you for the request to contact. I looked at your chart and its relationship to me. You and I are much more closely related than is shown. I don't know why this is. We are both direct descendants of Robert Goode III. His daughter, Sarah (Sallie) Bland Goode Lyle is my 4th Great Grandmother. She married James Lyle, Jr (1779-1806), of the city of Manchester (now South Richmond), and they lived at the Goode plantation of Whitby on the James in Chesterfield county. James Lyle, Senior, (1725-1812) later acquired Whitby. I owned his 1811-1812 letterbook for several years, which had been passed down in our family. I researched it for publication, and am familiar with everyone Lyle, Sr. wrote to or about. Finally, I sold it to the Virginia State Library, which owns many of our family documents. James, Jr. and Sally were in their teens at the time of their marriage, which was forced by his domineering father. They had 6 children altogether, of which 3 survived beyond early childhood. James Jr. was a bit of a spoiled young man, and it is rumoured that Whitby ended up as property of the Lyles as the result of a horse race at the Broad Run Race Track. It became the property of the old man at young James' death in 1806 at the age of 26. His obituary says he died of "gout of the stomach", which is a connundrum. After his death, Sallie Bland Goode Lyle remained at Whitby, until she remarried a business associate of the elder Lyle, Tarleton Saunders. All of these people were very well known in their day.

I am descended from Sally and James, Jr. eldest surviving child, James Lyle III. He married Jane LeVert Davidson, and they lived at Whitby. Their daughter, Helen Bland Lyle, married Col. (later Judge) Samuel Bassett French, of Norfolk. Col. French was secretary to the 2 wartime Governors of VA, and served on Robert E. Lee's staff. His memoir is published. They also lived at Whitby, which Col. French purchased from the other heirs. They raised their large family there. Mrs. Helen French, my father's great-grandmother, lived into his lifetime, and he remembered her from when he was a small child. When S. Bassett French became judge of the City of Manchester Hustings Court in 1875, they sold Whitby and moved to Porter Street, in Manchester. Sadly the plantation house burned afterward. The property later became a DuPont factory. In the 1950's, Esso (now Exxon) wanted the site of the family cemetery. They tracked down my father as senior representative of the family. They wanted permission to move the graves, and a family witness. Daddy and his cousin, S. Strother Smith went, and witnessed the exhumation of several Lyles and French's . Not much to see, except that Jane LeVert Davidson Lyle had been buried in a lead coffin which conformed to her shape, and had a glass window over her face. There she was - as real as life. Daddy and Strother Smith had a look at their gg grandmother, but for some reason, the workmen opened this unusual casket, and she evaporated before their eyes!

One of the daughters of S. Bassett French and Helen Bland Lyle French was Helen Bland Goode French, who married her third cousin once removed, Robert Bolling Batte (1842-1915). They lived and farmed at several places which they owned in Prince George County, just across the Appomattox River from Chesterfield County.

Robert Bolling Batte and his wife, Helen Bland Goode French had several children. One of them, Samuel Bassett French Batte, (1876-1933), was my grandfather.

S. Bassett French Batte married Mary Campbell Jones, of Denbigh plantation, old Warwick County, VA. They lived in Norfolk during their married lives.

Their older son, Robert Bolling Batte III, (1906-1996) was my father. He married Frances Harrison Drummond (1910-1996) daughter of Joseph Foster Drummond and Lucinda Trezevant Carr Drummond, of Norfolk VA.

Both of my parents were born in Norfolk, VA, as was I, Lucinda Campbell Batte (Russell.)

All of this shows up on my Geni chart. I don't know why Geni had to go round Robin Hood's barn to show another connection between you and me.

Proud and happy to have you as a cousin.

BTW, I would like the profile of James Lyle, Jr. made a master profile. There have been folks trying to hook onto him, because he had a contemporary, another James Lyle, of Albermarle County VA and they would like to conflate them. They appropriated the handsome portrait of "my" James Lyle, Jr. , which I own.
Thank you for your interest in this line. I have passed on a few of the stories, but there are more.

Kind regards, dear Cousin.
Lucy Russell.

Lucinda Campbell Russell
you may wish to delete this from this Discussion and send it to me via message on my profile :)

This is the profile Linda is asking MP'd:
James Lyle, Jr.

Private User - request sent back to you to authorize MP request for PTID:6000000195264513830:6000000192698867833

Private User - request sent back to you to authorize MP request for Cody Ko

Private User - requests at https://www.geni.com/discussions/217560?msg=1637633 are done.

Jack Peñate
is an English singer, songwriter, and musician

Hello Curators,

Could please make these profiles MPs, please? If it's possible, of course.

I suppose all the deceased are fine to become MP.
Below there are three alive.

Thanks in advance for all.

Vicente Celestino

Gilda de Abreu

Helena Meirelles

Amadeu Celestino

Lobo de Mesquita

André da Silva Gomes

Manoel Dias de Oliveira

And three musicians (living persons):

Renato Borghetti (Grammy winner)

Yamandu Costa (Grammy winner)

Prof. Dr. Elodie Bouny (Wife of the second one - she's a musician also)

*could you - sorry for the typo

Real quick question ... are directories really that desirable as sources?

Michelle Angelique Stein

Future questions like that should be directed to https://www.geni.com/discussions/257430 . That said, there is nothing wrong with using a directory as a source to put a person in a place and time. But, it's not a primary source, so an error rate needs to be considered in terms of reliability. It should not be used as a sole determiner of a death date, for example.

It would have helped to find that in the 8 pages of discussions instead of being chastised for doing something you don't care for. Do not respond.

Probably worth reposting the message that begins this discussion.

See http://wiki.geni.com/index.php/Master_Profile for a description of Master Profiles on Geni.

Before posting here:

1. Try your hardest to connect the profile to the tree (or at least a significant stand-alone tree)

2. Check https://www.geni.com/curators first to see if there's a specific curator who specializes in your area, to whom you should address your request

3. Make sure the profile overview is well-written with proper grammar, punctuation and source citations.

4. Master Profiles are public, so do not include any information or photographs or other images that you or others might consider to be confidential or private.

5. Consider using the multi-lingual support available on Geni to provide information in different languages where appropriate.

6. Ensure that the text and any pictures in the profile are sourced and do not breach any copyright.

7. Understand that a curated profile is not necessarily a “complete” profile. Geni users should continue to add citations and upload source information to profiles after they become MPs.

In your post:

8. Include the URL of each profile to be curated.

9. Advise if fields (data and relationship) are ready to be locked.

10. Explain why the profile is requested to be made an MP. If for example there are two profiles that are often confused, include the URL of both and state why. Do not assume that curators know your thoughts or are familiar with the context which led to your request for the Master Profile flag.

Famous Oil Well Fire Fighter Family from Houston, Texas
Wonderful family, and they donated about as much as they made., back in the 60s 70s many people knew who they were... a movie was made loosely about them.

Please consider MP

Red Adair

Kemmie Lou Adair

Robyn L Adair

On a couple had to suggest a few projects.

Showing 1621-1650 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion