Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1531-1560 of 1795 posts

Aaron Furtado Baldwin, UE9006698

Done, please check.

Thank you

Posting these again, could we please MP

Professor Josiah Dwight Whitney, Jr. - Josiah Dwight Whitney, Jr.

and his brother

Professor William Dwight Whitney - William Dwight Whitney

Aaron Furtado Baldwin, UE9006698 - great work on the Whitneys. I'm embarrassed that as a linguist, I didn't work on them, especially William Dwight Whitney.

If we don't have one, we should have a famous linguists project.

Hatte Rubenstein Blejer -- we have one; I sent you an invite :)

Private User - thank you. I see the project has been there for years and William Dwight was added long ago! Good work everyone.

Hatte Rubenstein Blejer his two daughters followed him into the field of linguistics.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/19431649/emily-henrietta-whitney

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/19431669/margaret-dwight-whitney

I believe Margaret was the first woman to Chair a Department at Vassar College

As did his half brother

Rev. Henry 'Whit' Mitchell Whitney

Hatte Rubenstein Blejer and he married a Baldwin

thank you Private User

I have both Whitney and Baldwin ancestors.

Erica Howton would you be interested in my request at the bottom of the previous page that was missed? He's a descendant of the NE/Mass Clough line, the line that had a good discussion that you participated in a few weeks ago, so I thought it might interest you.

And interested because he’s an artist. Started to look at George Lafayette Clough before and got distracted. MP made now.

Could we please MP - Justice William Law Learned

Justice of the New York Supreme Court

Thank you Private User he was also the author of The Learned Family in America

Could we please MP Gen. Orris S. Ferry, U.S. Senator - U.S. Senator

and his father-in-law Connecticut Governor Clark Bissell

Clark Bissell, 17th Governor of Connecticut

Done, Aaron Furtado Baldwin, UE9006698

Note the changes -- the display names now follow our format for politicians, and the unnecessary "Education 1/2/3" labels are gone from Ferry

We try to limit the free labels to only what's truly necessary, as they can add a lot of visual clutter and also can become a bit "competitive" amongst users, since every user has a different concept of what's important enough to merit inclusion. For education, we already have designated fields built into profiles, plus we have projects, so adding labels as well is overkill.

Thank you, Erica Howton

Could we please MP

Justice Edward Patterson

New York Supreme Court Associate Justice, 1896-1906, Presiding Justice of the Appellate Division, First Department, 1906-1910

and his father-in-law

Dr. Abraham Liddon Cox

Former professor of surgery at the New York Medical College, Dr. Abraham Liddon Cox resigned his New York practice at the opening of the American Civil War and became the Surgeon-in-Chief, 1st Division, 20th Corps, of the Army of the Cumberland. “Hastened by the labor and exposure incident to the active campaigns of that army,” Cox died of dysentery at Lookout Mountain, Tennessee, in July, 1864.

Dr. Cox was also a founder of the American Anti-Slavery Society and a member of its executive committee.

Aaron Furtado Baldwin, UE9006698 -- both done, but the logo on Dr. Cox's profile is copyrighted, so let's remove or replace it

Removed

Could we please MP

Mary Briscoe Baldwin

Mary Baldwin was a 19th-century American missionary educator to Greece and Joppa (now Tel Aviv, Israel). She was the "first unmarried woman sent out by the Foreign Committee of the Protestant Episcopal Church's Mission Board." During the Crimean War, Baldwin assisted Florence Nightingale in hospitals, and they became life long friends.

Aaron Furtado Baldwin, UE9006698 -- done, and added to the Missionaries project

Jefferson Davis Norton
Please lock as his family group is complete. Known parents. One wife. 7 children.
Common name apparently.

Could we please MP Rev. John Mayo Pleasants Atkinson

10th President of the Presbyterian Hampden–Sydney College from 1857-1883.

Rev. John Mayo Pleasants Atkinson

Could we please MP Mary Julia Baldwin

President & Namesake of Mary Baldwin University

Mary Julia Baldwin

Showing 1531-1560 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion