Related Projects:

Showing 91-120 of 1795 posts

Swedish author, please make MP
Loka Enmark

Swedish Poet, please make MP
Anna Greta Wide

Private
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Forman
Lance Philip Anisfeld, known professional as Lance Philip Forman.
British politician and businessman. Former MEP and runs H. Forman & Son.

Alice Randall American author and songwriter

Caroline Randall Williams American author, poet and academic

Avon Nyanza Williams State Senator and Civil Rights activist

Arna Wendell Bontemps American poet, novelist and librarian, and a noted member of the Harlem Renaissance

They're all part of the same family.

Private User I made the latter two MPs and sent requests to MP the former two.

John Fetterman, U.S. Senator current Lt. Gov. of PA

Request sent, Private User

Dick Turpin public figure, highway man

Keri Denise Jackson, ♊ Twin "A" Done, I also added the 1940 census date to James Henry Leavings, Sr, and Dora Annie Garrett Leavings West for proof of age, and other interesting facts!

Thank you Linda Zimmerman

I have been working with Tamas but I know that he is busy with school right now. I need these MP'd . Can someone else help me please? Thank you very much. :)

Elizabeth "Lizzie" Hopson
James Franklin Hopson
Richard Albert Rawls
Benjamin "Ben" Terrance Rawls
Leane (or Lena) Louise Commander
Minerva Adeline Davis
Christopher Columbus Davis, Sr
Sallie Loetha Commander
Mary Elizabeth Lewis
Seaborn Lewis, I
Seaborn Allen Lewis, Jr
Mary Elizabeth Lewis
Seaborn Allen Lewis, II
Sabra Jane Elizabeth Marlin
Eleanor Lewis
Susan Lewis
James Richard "Ray" Dickerson
Earline C Dickerson
Maggie "Mamie" Dickerson
Cordelia Elizabeth Dickerson
William "Alex" Dickerson
Robert Cullen Dickerson
Dickerson, Twin A
Dickerson, Twin B
Mary Lou Dickerson
Martha Arrie "Mattie" Welch
David Thomas Welch
Camary "Cam" Octavine Murphy
Robert Henley
Sarah Mildred Henley
Hattie L. Loggins
Greenberry Henley
Robert S. Henley
Mary Elizabeth "Lizzie" Clark
James Dalphus Dickerson
Arminta Clementine Dickerson
Elizabeth Ann McCartney
Pvt. (CSA) , Rufus L. K. McCartney
Pvt. (CSA) , Joseph Richard "Joe Dick" Dickerson
Aury Dickerson
Mary Elizabeth Dickerson
Pvt. (CSA) , William Alexander "Alec" Dickerson
Martha Dickerson
John Cosby Dickerson, Jr
Mary Leatha Dickerson
Martha A Dickerson
George Washington Dickerson
John Cosby Dickerson, Sr.
Mildred "Millie" Hubert
David Hubert / Hubbard
Charlotte Stovall
Charlotte Stovall#/tab/overview
Byard Stovall
Wilson Dickerson
Margary Dickerson
Caroline Dickerson
Walter Waller Dickerson
Mildred Dickerson
David Martin Dickerson
Elisabeth A Dickerson
Richardson Marion Dickerson
Matilda W. Dickerson
Frances Wright
Benjamin G. Head
Elizabeth J. Head
Nancy R. Trotti
Harriet Ann Trotti
Lucinda Head
Emily Sarah Pilcher
John Wesley Pilcher
Annie Jane Arthur
Elizabeth Head
Sarah Head
John W Head
Susan Alice Head
Richard Henry Head
Louisa Jane Head
James Head
Thomas William Head
Margaret Jane Head
Frances W. Head
Jacob Medley
Sarah Burton Allen
John Allen
James Head
Sarah Head
Dr Waller Head, MD
Hardenia Pleasants Head
Harriet Amanda Rucker
Minor Jackson Rucker, Sr
Emily A. Chiles
Walter Graves Chiles
Lucy Head
Amanda Melvin Garth
Dabney C. Garth
John E. Head
Adaline Wyatt Head
John Head
Sarah Head
Mary "Polly" Gill
Benjamin Gill
William C. H. Findlay
Elizabeth Findlay
Aaron Case Jackson
Charity Ann Jackson
Sophronia C Jackson
Alanson Gibbs
Elizabeth A Jackson
Stephen Allen, Jr
Nathaniel Mitchell Jackson
Emily Allen
Harriet Jackson

Keri Denise Jackson, ♊ Twin "A", this Is too many for us,

Cut down the list to a dozen or so.

Keri, I love your enthusiasm, but I'm not seeing why some of these need to be MPed? With Sarah Jane Jackson, for example, the profile is missing all relatives except the husband, there's no revert war history, it's cited (awesome!) but not extensively so, it's not a commonly confused person, etc. So that's not something most of us would MP without understanding the reason why.

A similar situation exists with Lucy Head where the profile is cited but the only citations are other family trees, including the Geni profile itself. I don't understand the reasoning.

The criteria at https://www.geni.com/discussions/217560?msg=1410848 are really good for all of us to occasionally review. It notes that while we don't expect that *every* MPed profile will be "complete," the justification for each request should be given. Help us understand why we should put the time into curating a profile and why it needs our attention.

In addition to the 'list' Ashley refers to with the 'link', another reason for requesting the MP flag can be to "protect" well-documented families from inadvertent changes (such as deletions or changes in relationships). While it is (fortunately) not often necessary to do so, that reason (protection of family relationships) also requires more of a Curator's time than just setting the MP flag, so it should not be casually requested 'just because'.

These are the reasons that I consider when agreeing to MP a profile:

1. two siblings with the same name.
2. profile is constantly mixed up with another totally unrelated profile.
3. Profile is living and well known, so that it can be added to projects.
4. Well documented to prove that the profile should be MPd.
5. Profiles with Wikipedia Articles on them.

Kevin

Kevin Lawrence Hanit

5. Profiles with Wikipedia Articles on them.

Have two Swedish authors above on this page, but no one to make them MP in 2 weeks, think that swedes are not interested in this, so I need a curator from another country to make them Mp, someone who cares about female writers.
Loka Enmark
Anna Greta Wide

I give up.

Private User I'm not sure if our Swedish curators are actively following this thread. I'll try to get their attention for you. :)

Private User
Private User
Kenneth Ekman
Private User

I give up too...

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087,

Don't give up on requesting MPs. Most of your requests are legit.

I only put out my criteria because it looks like Keri wants her entire tree mastered and that's not the purpose of MPs.

Some of the profiles that I have MPd were mastered to get the curator note on them.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin Lawrence Hanit. My last two are not even related to me but both are notables that I discovered while tree building, merging, etc.

Actually, from October...

Cynthia, I didn't MP Judge James Nathan Browning, Sr. because the data fields are a mess. It shouldn't fall onto curators to clean up a profile to make it MP-ready. Clean up the profile and you'll have better luck.

I didn't MP Jonathan Atkins, Governor-in-Chief of Barbados because it's really an English profile, not a West Indian one, and it's rare for me to MP English profiles unless I know the lines. When you saw that your request was not being acted on, did you contact an English curator?

If you keep finding your requests going unfulfilled, first re-read the advice in the first post of this thread, which I linked above for Keri, and see what you might be doing wrong with your requests. If that still doesn't work, contact relevant curators directly -- only a handful of curators actually follow this thread, and we can't MP everything.

Everyone, please keep in mind that nearly all curators are curating thousands of MPs, each of which we're responsible for maintaining long-term. We can't MP everything. When you are submitting profiles for MP contention, remember to make sure they're in the best shape possible if you want us to MP yours instead of someone else's request. Our time is limited and we have to prioritize what we focus on. Make sure your profiles look like they should be priorities.

Why am I putting so much work and money into trying to find everything I can about all the people related to me (blood and in law) here on Geni if it is no different than what I have on my other sites? Why even be on Geni at all? I could be spending all my time on Wikitree and not have to pay anything for it. And I have seen many profiles that are MP'd because the manager is a curator. According to everyone MP does not mean anything. This is what I am understanding. I'm sorry I have wasted everyone's time.

Private User, your discretion and your prerogative. They seem important enough to me to work it out but they are not my directs so...

Keri Denise Jackson, ♊ Twin "A", I love your enthusiasm. Keep doing what you are doing and it all works out. Problem is Geni allows too much shenanigans to trust a profile without a lock on it.
IMHO.
Happy Holidays.

Showing 91-120 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion