Reverend Nathaniel Walton Langston - There seems to be a consensus as to his parents. Unfortunately the FindaGrave is different

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Friday, July 31, 2020
Showing all 9 posts
7/31/2020 at 7:45 AM

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/43422428/nathaniel-langston

Says

Parents

Solomon Langston
1732–1825

Sarah Bennett Langston
1734–1810

7/31/2020 at 7:58 AM

Absalom and Solomon are brothers.

7/31/2020 at 8:00 AM

And their wives are sisters, both daughters of Richard Bennett, of NC

7/31/2020 at 8:04 AM

Difficult line.
There are several curators on the profile. Will someone consider MP'ing them?
I have started a Discussion under the tab of the father of mentioned Richard because he now has two sets of parents.
Thank you again.
Following.

7/31/2020 at 8:04 AM

Difficult line.
There are several curators on the profile. Will someone consider MP'ing them?
I have started a Discussion under the tab of the father of mentioned Richard because he now has two sets of parents.
Thank you again.
Following.

7/31/2020 at 8:46 AM

There is some documentation to indicate that Nathaniel (Nathan) is the son of Absolom and Christian Bennett Langston. I will contact Find-a-Grave about changing this. In Christian's will, recorded 21Jan1803, she appoints her two sons Nathan and Bennett as her executors. Caleb Langston names his brother Nathan in his will of 24June1800. There is another legal reference to Caleb as the son of Absolom Langston.

7/31/2020 at 9:39 AM

The DNA would be very similar since it is brothers of one family married sisters of another family. Solomon's profile is MP'd. Every source I could find for Nathaniel says Absalom is the father and same with mother.
I think it would be wonderful if the FindaGrave memorial manager will correct it and if a curator would MP Absalom as well.

8/1/2020 at 7:08 AM

I have requested a correction on the parentage of Nathaniel. In my request I sent along three verifiable pieces of documentation which indicate Absolom and Christian are his parents. This is a difficult line because, not only did brothers marry sisters, there are a number of marriages between Langstons and Bennetts. B

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion