Sir Thomas Perrot, Kt., of Haroldston - Regarding his son, Thomas Parrott

Started by Isaac Allen McPherson on Thursday, July 30, 2020
Showing all 5 posts
7/30/2020 at 6:33 PM

I fail to see how Thomas, my ancestor, could be the son of a fifteen-year-old and a nine-year-old. I request the administrators of this profile to re-evaluate Thomas’ placement as Sir Thomas Perrot’s offspring.

7/31/2020 at 1:56 AM

http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~parrott/genealogy/pembrokeshire.shtml

No birthdates listed for his parents, so removed.

Sir Owain (Owen) Perrot (d 1521) of Haroldston

Married Catherine Poyntz, daughter of Sir Robert Poyntz of Iron Acton, Gloucestershire, whose mother was a daughter of Anthony Wydeville, Baron Scales (1460) and the Earl of Rivers and Scales (1569). He was brother in law to Edward IV.

Son Thomas, see #13 below - 13. Thomas Perrot (b 1505; d Sep 1531), Esquire of Haroldston

8/1/2020 at 12:14 PM

You know, I think I commented on the wrong profile, lol. Unless I misinterpreted your reply (which is highly possible), I was attempting to refer to Sir Thomas Perrot's son, Thomas Parrott, who was born in 1520 when Sir Thomas was around 15 and Mary Berekely was only around 9. If that is indeed an inconsistency, I recommend you sever that relationship.

8/1/2020 at 12:55 PM

You are right.

Thomas Parrott has been disconnected and relationship locked to “no parents” with this comment in the profile “about:”
Some popular genealogies show Thomas Parrott as a child of Sir Thomas Perrot, Kt., of Haroldston (1480-1529) and [Mary Pughe Mary de Berkeley] (1505-1543). No evidence has been found to support such a connection and the relationship has therefore been disconnected.

[http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~parrott/genealogy/pembrokeshire.shtml “Perrott's of
England & Wales”] shows Sir Thomas Perrot & Mary Berkeley had 3 children: Jane, Elizabeth, John.

8/1/2020 at 4:12 PM

Thank you very much!

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion