ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 7831-7860 of 8088 posts

Please unmerge https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=81111533800, they were merged by mistake.

Emily Kent Marget The urls in question are:

Israel Goldberg
Hinde Ginda Goldberg
Gershon Yisrael Shroll Scrul Goldberg
Yitzhak Isaac Aaron Goldberg
Dora (Devorah) Lazarus

Please could a curator UNDO the most recent merges made on January 24th on each of these profiles.

Thanks.

Marcus

Marcus Zalman Shapiro The merges made on January 24th are undone, it should be ok now.

x x x

Please see the revision tab

Why are these profiles being changed or deleted, even is the profile was added by the person, there have been merges done on some of them.

Private User Like to help, but Who are the x x x 's

Linda Zimmerman

Private

x x x

here are a couple of the revision tabs, I guess copy and paste doesn't keep the links. I posted in the wrong forum the 1st time.

Private User - When dealing with such generic profile names, I find it useful to put "Private child of Simon de Vries It can get confusing at times.

Emily Kent Marget

these were changed today, you have to look at the revisions tab to see the changes.

Belinda

Private User and Emily Kent Marget It looks like some family member recognized them and added names. But that's only a guess on my part. You will have to contact the person and work with them. Not sure about other Curators, but would not know where to start to help with such generic profiles as xx, and xxx's

Please unmerge https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=81111535080, they were merged by mistake

Done !

Private User we had a privacy removal request from someone closely related to those "x x x" profiles -- they had renamed them before closing their account. We've deleted the immediate family. The grandparents were renamed "x x x" but had been merged with profiles you created; we undid those merges, restoring the profiles to the way they were before the merge and deleted the privacy-conscious user's version.

Mike Stangel

Thank you for the explanation

Belinda

Some may recall I complained here at least twice and mentioned the ticket I started-- today I got a response:
Geni Support Team, Jan 31, 2022, 1:24 PM PST:
Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for contacting Geni and reporting the issue.

From what I understand it appears the "Make This Profile Public" option is not working. I tested it and it does seem like nothing changes when clicking on "Make This Profile Public", refreshing the page confirms that the action did occur so there's a bug somewhere in that process. I have forwarded the information to our engineers so they can investigate the issue further.......

I think she means "did NOT occur" thus the forwarding it to engineers.
Thank you, everyone. Just wanted to update you as I am sure others have been having this same problem.

Thank you

https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=80757238270

this needs to be unmerged please

Thank you

Private User I started the unmerge.
Please try not to edit the merged profile before the unmerge if you think an unmerge may be needed.

Job Waterreus

I did the merge last October and just discovered that it was wrong.

Belinda

The following profile merger is needed
Private Private

Dr Alexander Kott - Curators have difficulty working with "private" profiles. If they are for people born before 1850, contact the manager(s) and ask for them to be made public. Then, the merge can occur.

Curators in most cases can make any profile born over 150 years ago public (pre 1871). But please first contact the profile managers first.

Any profiles born under 150 years (1872 and later) curators are unable to make public.

If there are no dates on the profile (or surrounding profiles) curators need evidence that the profile is born pre 1872.

Dr Alexander Kott
Michelle Harr is a user - and only they can approve the merge.

Hello - I'm in the process of tidying up several overlapping / conflated Mozes/Moritz/Mosko Feuermanns... could a curator please execute the following two splits to help with this?

1. please remove Mozes - Moritz Feuerman & Frima - Fanni Feuermann as the parents of Szruly - Israel Feuermann

2. please remove Frima - Fanni Feuermann as the wife of Mosko - Moritz Feuermann

Thanks in advance :)

ok

Great thanks Carl

Hi, please undo the merge
https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=81412187450
sorry for mistake

Egons Treibahs , unmerge done. Don't feel too bad about making a mistake, because sometimes one has to take a calculated chance which might turn out later to have been wrong. A mistake can be fixed -- that is why curators are here.

I'm trying attach Private as the biological daughter of Lucille Agatha Mulhall and Unknown Unknown and the adopted daughter of Zachariah "Zack" P. Mulhall and Mary Agnes Mulhall her grandparents. Every time I try to connect them, it doesn't keep two sets of parents, it disconnects one set, I'm guessing to prevent a relationship cycle. Please connect her to show biological and adoptive parents.

Showing 7831-7860 of 8088 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion