Jacob Weil - Family WEIL of Randegg

Started by Maurice Joseph Mézard on Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
7/22/2020 at 4:47 AM

The WEILs of Randegg like those of Gailingen came from the county of Stühlingen from where the Jews were expelled in 1743, after which it is not known from whom they descend, although I think that it is very possible that they descend from my ancestor. Isaac ben Judah WEIL who had four sons Judah WEIL, Marum WEIL, Chaïm (aka Veit Weil) WEIL and Shlomo WEIL, all born between 1630 and 1660 in the county of Stühlingen in Baden-Würtemberg.

Les WEIL de Randegg comme ceux de Gailingen étaient originaires du comté de Stühlingen d'ou les juifs ont avaient été expulsés en 1743, après on ne sait pas de qui ils descendent, même si je pense que fort possible qu'ils descendent de mon ancêtre Isaac ben Judah WEIL qui eu quatre fils Judah WEIL, Marum WEIL, Chaïm (dit Veit Weil) WEIL et Shlomo WEIL, tous nés entre 1630 et 1660 dans la comté de Stühlingen en Bade-Würtemberg.

7/22/2020 at 7:46 AM

This Jacob Weil is not of the Rabinical Weil line based on the y-DNA profile, but instead may have adopted the name by marriage or other relation. This y-DNA line is the Loeb family of Mutterstadt and Gomperz/Emmerich lines to name several of the prominent lines.. In the 1750’s, Feibelmann Loeb married Ester bat Dotteres, a Weil rabbinal descendent and settled in Mutterstadt Ester bat Dotteres Loeb

7/22/2020 at 1:37 PM

Via the DNA test (basic) of Myhéritage, I have two cousins ​​from the WEIL Rabbinic family, which demonstrates the link between my WEIL and this Rabbinic family, and yet my ancestors are not in the family tree of this family, because there are a lot of gaps. Do you know if a member of the WEIL Rabbinic family has already taken the Y-DNA Test ?

7/22/2020 at 2:15 PM

The DNA tests on MyHeritage are only autosomal DNA and not y-DNA, so they will not show the Weil rabbinical line. see the following link:

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Jews_of_Frankfurt/default.aspx...

The y-DNA tests are all from Family Tree DNA.

Jeff

7/22/2020 at 2:50 PM

Ah ok, thank you for this info, if I am not from the Rabbinic WEIL family, I therefore think I am from the family of this Jacob WEIL, because in the county of Stühlingen my family arrived in 1615, and I am almost from 'after what I understood in 1743 my family had settled in Randegg and Gailingen, anyway I am amazed to find that there were several WEIL families before 1700.

In the link below I descend from Isaac WEYL from Schwerzen who is also Isaac ben Judah WEYL (the same person, because error on the part of the one who created this digital book).

https://macsphere.mcmaster.ca/html/11375/21400/database/family15ca....

7/22/2020 at 5:27 PM

I just found that Aron WEIL (Aron Weil, b. ca. 1747 and d. 1813 Otterstadt, The E-M35), who is referred to as being from the WEIL Rabbinic family, is E-M35 like the WEILs of Randegg, so either there is an error in the Rabbinic family tree or this family is also E-M35, and this I do not know if it is possible.

Aron WEIL
Aron Weil

Below her lineage from the distant cousin via DNA Myhéritage (Françoise Bloch)

Naphtali WEIL
- Eliezer WEIL
-- Mendel WEIL
--- Jacques (Baruch) WEIL & Gutel FRANCK
---- Marie (Mariam) WEIL & Hertz BLOCH
----- Raphaël BLOCH & Jeannette NATHAN
------ Georges BLOCH & Rachel LAMBERT
------- Raymond BLOCH & Denise TAVENIER
-------- Françoise BLOCH

Marie Mariam WEIL
Marie Mariam Weil

7/23/2020 at 12:22 PM

Hello, can you tell me who would have done the Y-DNA Test to designate the Rabbinque WEIL family as J-Y49360 (Y-DNA), because if it is the following account which is the basis of it, nothing proves that this Isaac Weil descended from the family of Rabbi Jakob Ben Yehuda Weil, MaHaRIV,
thank you in advance.

Yours faithfully

7/28/2020 at 5:28 PM

Maurice and Jeff,
We are linked on Geni to Rabbi Jakob Ben Yehuda Weil, MaHaRIV who is our third great aunt's brother's wife's sister's husband's uncle's wife's 9th great grandfather, which means unlikely to be by dour Y-chromosome.
As is stated on our Weil family files for a Weil family from Randegg that immigrated to the United States in 1885. Our male Y chromosome is Y-E1b1b1c1a* as determined by 23andMe tests of myself, my brother and two sons and several males cousins. Family links are also strong through autosomal DNA test on us and on descendents of my great grandfather including women who are grandchildren or great grandchildren of Karl Weil, who lived out his life in Chicago, starting it in America in Toledo, Ohio and Saginaw, Michigan.
That Y-chromosome is linked back to the Levant specifically, Canaanites, Phoenicians and Jews for whom it is about the 3rd largest group of males. It last mutated about 1200 BCE south of Haran, Ebla etc, basically in today's Syria. Depending upon the date and the DNA authority, our Y is also referenced as E-M123, E-M78, E-M34. That Jacob Weil appears not to be linked to by our Y-chromosome does not rule out the possibility that he also has our Y-E by another family connection during the last 150 generations.
It has been determined the Weil is an anagram for Levi. Our Weils left Spain near Barcelona in the 1200s.
I hope that helps.
Best regards,
Ian "Weil" McCallum
PS Jeff I am grateful and amazed at the amount of data you have found, verified and posted. Your work has been of tremendous help to me in my family search. Thank you very much. I hope that you are very safe from Covid-19.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion