William de Hamilton - Hamilton Y-DNA line blockades

Started by Michael Dwayne Hamilton on Monday, July 20, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
7/20/2020 at 3:35 PM

This is the 3rd block of the Hamilton line that I have recently seen on the genealogy internet circuit. In this one, William de Bellomont de Hamilton (Hameldon, de Hambleton , de Harcourt) (Hambledon), (1st to use Hamilton name) (my 19th great-grandfather), (my male line) is being blocked from having a father.
The 2nd is on Wikitree where they will not allow James Hamilton 5th of Cadzow to have a father (my 14th great-grandfather), (my male line).
The 1st is Family Tree DNA where they also will not allow James Hamilton 5th of Cadzow to have a father in their "Hamilton Project".

7/24/2020 at 3:18 AM

What block here on Gen.com, are you speaking of? Please describe in more detail.

If there is a correction needed, please speak up, but it will need to be backed up with documentation.

We always welcome assistance here with direct ancestors and need all the assistance we can muster.

7/24/2020 at 3:21 AM

I'm a bit far removed 2nd cousin 2xr

7/24/2020 at 3:21 AM

2nd cousin 21xr

7/24/2020 at 3:38 AM

So, is this the one you're speaking of?

Sir James Hamilton, 5th of Cadzow

7/24/2020 at 3:44 AM

It leads right up to him ___all seems well documented. When it gets to the deBeaumont's it suddenly switches to be my paternal great-grandfather's -

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion