Adelinda / Egila von Babenberg - who is this un-sourced MP!?

Started by Livio Scremin on Thursday, July 16, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 31-36 of 36 posts

well the cleaning proceeds:
-now this profile (ex BABA brother) Reginar I "Longneck", Duke of Lorraine and Count of Hainault
-badly filled with coinciding date of birth and death
-also ADMN inserter canceled by GENI
-is the duplicate in the wrong place of Reginar I "Longneck", Duke of Lorraine and Count of Hainault

normally it would be enough to merge & SET the correct parents..
..but given the area and the blocks, it must be CUT & canceled manually.
----------------

NEXT big step:
clean also by filling this node in multilingual
-Gebhard d'Orléans, count of the Lahngau (MP total locked)
which is exactly the same node of
-Gebhard d'Orléans, count of the Lahngau (ML & wiki in the info-about:)

FARKAS Mihály László (C) if you want to enjoy the summer we do it :D

I merged the 3 duplicates into Ernst I, count in Nordgau but have run out of motivation.

The problem is that so much of this part of the tree is speculation but Geni's software is binary, either the relationship exists or it didn't as far as Geni is concerned.

Litwinde is a good example, clearly she existed but details about her are almost non-existent and her parentage is speculative (and that is being polite) but one person thinks it is fact and before you know it there are 87 managers!

I'm sorry not to read the notes in the info about wiki DE, and the alleged mistake. Not reporting it will only be a matter of time before others stumble upon us of parents of Ernst I, count in Nordgau.

now I can no longer find those two profiles .. I hope you have deleted them and they will not remain for eternity spamming the GENI search page and any other search engine on behalf of GENI :(

& sorry for another very important clarification:
the "extended title" is common standard practice of putting it in the suffix :/

>the "extended title" is common standard practice of putting it in the suffix
That practice pre-dates the existence of the Title field. Many people do still follow it but I do not.

I have not deleted them, they float free together for eternity but connected to nothing. I can find them, actually I am surprised you don't know how to but it's not important really.

The "mistake" on the german wiki page is only a concern of mine, without locating both of the referenced texts and reading them to see what they say it is only really a guess on my part. The fact that Medlands states Ernst's parents are unknown means only that Medlands does not know who they are, it does not mean it is impossible for anyone else to potentially know.

so I really miss the reason why you don't merge them under the display name "unknow" that I had prepared, along with my quote in info about, and leave a chance to better document to the most motivated.

You have merged the 3 node with the title multilingual already in the suffix, but you took the trouble to move it to something you like about who knows how many years ago, before who knows how many platform improvements..

Medlands is a very good source, but it is not foolproof, I have some rare cases where it was wrong, or rather it was incomplete. ..others in which even the (C) respondents preferred to follow Wikipedia.. ..the important is (as far as possible) collect & insert all the sources & information of scholars who talk about that profile, then when choosing the best way, writing which one is wrong.. but here I have the impression that each node is like a personal work.

I've been around the tree in every corner for years, and the story of the extended title works well, it gains the readability of the tree, to tell the truth there would be millions of cases where putting the extended title (s) on the "title field" would make made the tree completely unreadable, but what I am discussing here, it is a guideline specified also in the medieval project...

is it possible that every node of every time and place is a total personal anarchy !?

Showing 31-36 of 36 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion