Eldred of Workington, 2nd Baron of Kendal - Origins ? Had anyone seen this?

Started by Erica Howton on Friday, July 10, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
7/10/2020 at 1:22 AM

Private User Writes:

I have found a family tree following the Radcliffe line going back via Henry De Radcliffe to William de Lancaster who was the 5th baron of Kendal and it lists the preceeding 5 barons and then further back too. It suggests that Edlreds father was Elgion, the 1st baron of Kendal (if I can read the writing) who was the son of Ethelred. I can show you. Ut. I'm not sure how. To attach images.

7/10/2020 at 7:48 PM

Well, Geni has him listed as my 26th great grandfather....so I'm interested. Presently, Geni has no parentage for him listed.

7/11/2020 at 1:29 AM

What can you tell me about the 2nd Baron of Kendal?
@Eldred of Workington. Thanks, John

7/11/2020 at 1:59 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barony_of_Kendal

Two historical records claim a direct line of father-son descent from Ivo to Eldred to Ketel to Gilbert, which was the name of the father of William de Lancaster (also known as "William son of Gilbert"). These were records made much later in Cockersand Abbey and St Mary's Abbey in Yorkshire. But modern commentators believe this to be impossible, and made by placing a sequence of lords into the simplest possible family tree.[7] Furthermore, records have been found which describe Ketel not as William's grandfather, but as his uncle (Latin avunculus, so probably a maternal uncle)

8/20/2020 at 6:59 PM

Hello those names sure sound familiar! I’m sorry for my lateness in responding to this but my business has me very busy and to stay in business I almost never get personal time! But I’ll look at all my documents and information on that line and if I can provide more input I’ll post it! Y’all stay safe!

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion