Anne Hamblen (Mayo) - Sources please? Profile needs some TLC

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Wednesday, July 1, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
7/1/2020 at 11:48 AM

Consistency Check:Baptism date of Benjamin A Hamblen, Sr. is before his birth date.Birth date of Anne Hamblen and her brother Samuel Mayo are within 8 months.Birth date of Mercy Mayo and her sister Mary Smith are within 8 months.Hope Howland Hamblen born after the death of her mother Anne Hamblen.Cornelius Hamlin born after the death of his mother Anne Hamblen.Benjamin Hamlin born after the death of his mother Anne Hamblen.Joshua Hamblen, Sr. born after the death of his mother Anne Hamblen.Lydia Hamlin born after the death of her mother Anne Hamblen.Mary Hamlin born after the death of her mother Anne Hamblen.Elizabeth Holmes born after the death of her mother Anne Hamblen.Isaac Hamlin, Sr. born after the death of his mother Anne Hamblen.Capt. Eleazer Hamlin born after the death of his mother Anne Hamblen.

7/1/2020 at 12:36 PM

I do not have much on her, looking at what I could scrounge quickly (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mayo-59), I think she may be attached to the wrong Samuel Mayo. It looks like her husband was Benjamin Hamblin and she was born 1684 and death unknown. Marriage 1716.

What does everyone think?

7/1/2020 at 2:49 PM

After working through the generations, I think she was the daughter of Samuel Mayo (1657-1732) and Sarah Canterbury. Her husband was Benjamin Hamblin and her children were Cornelius, Benjamin, Joshua, Eleazar and Lydia. She was born Jun 16 1684 and married Oct 25 1716. Her father was the son of John Mayo (1630-1706) and Hannah Lecraft.

Samuel Mayo and Ruth Hopkins did not have a daughter name Ann. They had seven children Hannah, Rebecca, Mercy, Mary, Sarah, Samuel and Jonathan

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion