Mary Robertson (Gower) - Mary Robertson (Gower)

Started by Suzan Martin on Thursday, June 25, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
6/25/2020 at 9:07 AM

https://www.geni.com/documents/view?doc_id=6000000140195523833&

Previous managers of Mary Robertson (Gowers) have documented without any documented proof her father was Sir Able Gowers, Sea Captain- This was written on her husband's profile- John Robertson, Sr.

I'm working on documentation for the Gower lineage to prove or disprove - if correct Able Gower. our Geni link seems murky, we need a little documentation.

From http://robertson-ancestry.com/ (see the footnotes on that site) link not working
This part on his profile mentions their marriage and her lineage.
John Randolph Robertson who came to America from Ireland (sailed from Coleraine, Ireland) and married Mary Gower, daughter of Abel Gower, the sea captain. Mary was from Belfast, Ireland, and must have met John Randolph Robertson on the voyage to America as they married on the ship bringing them to America. (Married by her father, the sea captain.) John Randolph Robertson m. Mary Gower of Belfast, Ireland in 1739. She the dau of Lord Abel Gower. John Randolph Robertson and bro James came from Ireland to Brunswick Co., VA, then to Orange Co, NC, and then to Burke Co. (later Buncombe Co. NC). This John Randolph Robertson was s/o John Robertson and Eliza Randolph who were original of Scotland but moved to Northern Ireland as part of the King's attempt to make Ireland "more English". I have some idea that Eliza Randolph was related in some way to Thomas Jefferson's mother who was also a Randolph.

6/25/2020 at 9:19 AM

Abel Gower, of Henrico County

I'm kin to this fellow though the same Robertson lineage?

6/25/2020 at 9:20 AM

Erica take a look!

6/25/2020 at 9:27 AM

We have Mary's father as Lord Abel Gower

vs

Abel Gower, of Henrico County

then the Hatcher Family Assoc., has a Mary Gower, but not with Abel and Mary as parents.

6/25/2020 at 9:35 AM

Unless someone can provide documentation, I would say her parents are unkown -

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion