Abigail (Cobb) Adams Hale - Abigail Cobb Adams Hale, wife of Samuel Adams and Richard Hale

Started by Hatte Anne Blejer on Sunday, June 14, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
6/14/2020 at 3:57 AM

A very circuitous route led me into the Adams family where I found a lot of duplicate trees and many places where there were no sources and questionable data, which was surprising.

I have done many merges and tried to resolve data and tree conflicts in the Adams and Cady families. I also touched the LYON family AND a LYONS family of Hallsville, Ohio. There are online trees that confuse Sophia Lyon, daughter of Seth Lyon and Hepzibah Johnson (my cousin) with Sophia Lyons Ponsler, born in Ross County, Ohio.

There were issues with Abigail, the wife of Samuel Adams. Some trees had her as the daughter of a Samuel Adams and Elizabeth Cady. Other trees had her married to a third husband ? Joseph Strong. I disconnected him and it does not show up in Revisions, due to the various merges. I'm fairly sure she had only two husbands, Samuel Adams and Richard Hale, and that she was the daughter of Gideon Cobb.

I'd appreciate eyes on the Adams tree and additional sources and work on Overviews, if there are any descendants who want to ensure this tree is improved.

Contact me or another curator for early New England if you need assistance.

6/14/2020 at 3:59 AM
6/14/2020 at 3:59 AM
6/14/2020 at 4:03 AM

Mary Adams and Samuel Adams who for some reason were attached as parents to Abigail (Cobb) Adams Hale.

6/14/2020 at 4:05 AM

Sophia Ponsler, wife of Joshua Ponsler. Born in Ross County, Ohio.

Sophia Lyon daughter of Hepzibah Lyon, born in Massachusetts. No further information about her, but not the same person as the wife of Joshua Ponsler.

6/14/2020 at 4:07 AM

Morris Lyons and Keziah Lyons appear to be the parents of Sophia Ponsler.

Keziah, not Lydia.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion