Guillaume "The Chamberlain" d'Arques, Vicomte d'Arques and Lord of Folkestone - name FIX

Started by Livio Scremin on Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Showing all 8 posts
5/26/2020 at 10:10 AM

Guillaume "The Chamberlain" d'Arques, Vicomte d'Arques and Lord of Folkestone

name locked PLZ fIx to:
title: Vicomte
name: Guillaume
surname: d'Arques,
suffix: lord of Folkestone
Nickname: The Chamberlain {source!?} [is not the son-in-law? --> Guillaume de Tancarville, I, Chamberlain of Normandy]
Display name:
Guillaume "The Chamberlain" vicomte d'Arques & lord of Folkestone

5/27/2020 at 5:19 AM

that actually checking he was originally entered without the nickname.
"The Chamberlain" is a 2011 addition by Pam Wilson (on hiatus).

PLZ tries to re-check

7/13/2020 at 11:24 AM

Livio, it is not standard to put the Vicomte in the title field among the Anglo Normans--we use the suffix field for that, as indicated. Thanks!

7/13/2020 at 2:31 PM

Pam Wilson (on hiatus) no sense,
& you have removed my the displayed name:
"Guillaume, vicomte d'Arques & lord of Folkestone"
which covered the duplication "name / title".

7/13/2020 at 2:46 PM

Livio, I am one of the primary curators who has been working in that area of the medieval tree since being appointed curator in 2010. We have developed a consistent system of naming conventions that works well. I do not appreciate you telling me I have no sense, and I don't appreciate you changing the way my curated profiles are established.

7/13/2020 at 8:46 PM

Livio, you are being outrageously aggressive in blaming me for the mess that has accumulated over the years around these (and almost all) of the medieval profiles, caused by bad merges, GEDCOM uploads, or SmartMatch downloads--especially in the years before relationship locking. I removed Beatrice de Bolbec as Geoffrey's wife several times, and as you can see from my curator's note, dated March 2015, I asserted there who his correct wife should be: Geoffroi de Bolbec, Vicomte d'Arques. If you knew me, I would never have let stand any profile that spelled d'Arques as Dearques (it sends chills down my spine even to type it!). I was involved in some cleanup in this area just a few months ago. Any time you see cleanup needed on a medieval profile, please come to me, since I curate many thousands of profiles and cannot drop by every week to see if any one of them has been messed up--I depend upon someone reaching out to me to let me know there is a problem. I will research as needed in Latin or middle French or modern French documents to find documentation.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion