Thomas Mitchell, of Charlestown - Not the son of Experience Mitchell & Jane Cooke; parents unidentified

Started by Erica Howton on Monday, May 25, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
5/25/2020 at 2:48 PM

Thomas Mitchell of Charlestown was not the son of Experience Mitchell & Jane Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell (son of Experience Mitchell & Jane Cooke) was not the same as Thomas Mitchell, of Charlestown who married Mary (Moulton) Mitchell

Reference: https://www.plimoth.org/sites/default/files/media/pdf/mitchell_expe...

And also, “Wakefield, Robert S. "Thomas Titchell of Malden, Not a "Mayflower" Descendant.” The Mayflower Descendent 38: 187. Link at AmericanAncestors

Additionally, I do not see that Andrew Mitchell, of Haverhill has identified parents.

The children of Thomas (son of Experience), if any, do not seem to be known. ??

The children of Thomas of Charlestown & Mary Moulton, born at Charlestown, were:

* Thomas b. 15 Aug 1660
* John b. 29 July 1664
* Abigail b. 23 8mo (Oct) 1666
* William b. 23 Aug 1667; d. 23 Jan 1677
* Phillips b. July the last 1669
* Caleb b. 17 Jan 1671.

Based on this list, I’ve disconnected Joseph Mitchell, and Andrew Mitchell of Haverhill. further cleanup might be needed.

If anyone knows otherwise, especially from what the Mayflower Society has, please advise by discussion from profile.

5/25/2020 at 4:24 PM

Capt. Thomas Mitchell, of Block Island was not the child of Thomas Mitchell of Charlestown, according to https://www.blockislandtimes.com/article/local-genealogist-chronicl..., which states:

• All Mitchells on Block Island are descended from Experience Mitchell through his son, Thomas, who came to Block Island in the l670s and died here in 1687.

5/25/2020 at 5:32 PM

Capt. John Mitchell, of Newport Was not the child of Thomas Mitchell of Malden

However evidence is presented that Andrew Mitchell, of Haverhill was, so he’s been rejoined to that family.

Note that possible children of Thomas Mitchell may be found - I will leave it as an open question until someone buys the book.

5/26/2020 at 5:53 AM

Evidence is needed for parents of Elizabeth Hopkins

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion