Constance Snow (Hopkins), "Mayflower" Passenger - Constance Snow (Hopkins), "Mayflower" Pass...

Started by Private on Saturday, May 23, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 14 posts
Private
5/23/2020 at 11:56 AM

Howdy, Please help & Thank Y'all in advance.

I'm wondering if my Maternal ½ Sister: Tammy Lynne VickeryTammy Lynne Vickery is a direct descendant of Constance Snow, "Mayflower" Passenger Constance Snow (Hopkins), "Mayflower" Passenger ? 🌻 💐 🌷 🌸 🌹 🌺

5/23/2020 at 5:12 PM

What do you see as her connection? What family line?

Private
5/25/2020 at 10:02 PM

Jennifer Ann Jacoby Trippeer, Thank You for your reply.

I am asking this mostly for my: Maternal ½ Sister Tammy Lynne Vickery Lynne Vickery & her direct descendants.
John P Vickery III is my Daddy, the man who raised me to be a man.

DNA Triangulation shows that my Biological father is: [Irving Harold Lessen Esq.] or his brother [Dr. William Lessen].

*JPV IV* → Donna Marie Vickery your mother →
John P Vickery, III her husband →
John P Vickery, Jr. his father →
John P Vickery, Sr. his father →
Capt. Joseph Vickery Jr. his father →
Joseph Vickery his father →
Dorcas Vickery his mother →
Mary Paine her mother →
Constance Snow, "Mayflower" Passenger Snow, "Mayflower" Passenger her mother. Thank You, John

5/31/2020 at 2:10 PM

You could bring up your half-sister's profile on Geni and click the little push pin in the upper right corner. That will make Geni show you her relationship to any profile you open as long as the push pin is activated.
Then open Constance Snow's profile and see what Geni says the relationship is between them.

Private
5/31/2020 at 2:17 PM

Thank You Leo Rogers, I'll try it as I am now a Geni Pro

Private
5/31/2020 at 2:41 PM

Tammy Lynne Vickery
→ John P Vickery, III
her father → John P Vickery, Jr.
his father → John P Vickery, Sr.
his father → Capt. Joseph Vickery Jr.
his father → Joseph Vickery
his father → Dorcas Vickery
his mother → Mary Paine
her mother → Constance Snow, "Mayflower" Passenger
her mother (Tammy's 6th Great-grandmother?)

Can anyone confirm this relation, please? Thank You, JPV IV

5/31/2020 at 8:11 PM

OOPS! Capt Joseph Vickery Jr was born 127 years after his mother died. You probably have part of a correct path, but there are a few generations that have to be filled in.

The reason that I started following your Vickery line is that "6th Great-grandmother" seemed wrong to me. Constance Snow is my 9th Great-grandmother and I'm already a "senior citizen".

Good luck.

Private
5/31/2020 at 8:32 PM

Leo Rogers Rogers, Capt Joseph Vickery (20 Jun 1834 Swimbridge, Devon, England. - 21 Jan 1905 Trenton, Mercer, New Jersey, USA.) = https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/71840582/person/34... .

I have 30 Sources in his Ancestry.com profile.

He is also listed: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Vickery-361 .

I am not convinced that this is the correct line of Vickery's either way. Thank You, JPV IV

5/31/2020 at 11:40 PM

Joseph Vickery had two Joseph a Vickery sons, both with impossible birthdates to be his children. I’ve disconnected:

Joseph Vickery, III & Capt. Joseph Vickery Jr. as his children.

6/1/2020 at 11:29 AM

John P Vickery IV: I don't subscribe to Ancestry so I could not check out those references.

But I looked at the Wikitree reference you gave. It says:

Capt Joseph Vickery Sr.
Born 20 Jun 1834 in Bristol, England
Son of William Henry Vickery and Sarah Jane (Beavis) Vickery

Researching William Henry Vickery (born 1807 in Somerset, England) would probably be your best bet. I could not find a profile on Geni for him.

Private
6/1/2020 at 5:47 PM

~ I had tried to make the same connection several years ago when I was a Member of WikiTree .com ~

♪ if It don't come easy it's NP = (No Problem) ♫

I had even contacted the GSMD and spent $15.00 USD.

6/1/2020 at 6:34 PM

I did look at your Ancestry tree, Private - very well sourced. The only thing giving me pause is the news clip calling him a “native of Raritan.” But all the census reports have him born in England.

Private
6/2/2020 at 2:13 AM

@Erica Howton.

Forgive my naivety here, when you are referring to "him" would that be Capt. Joseph Vickery (1834-1905) ?

I don't see a Ref: "native of Raritin", but I have been up way to many hours tonight, lol

(note: Capt. Joseph Vickery (1834-1905) Reference source *Cornell University Library, Benno Loewy 1857-1919. 2 June 1899. > Royal Arch Masons. Grand Chapter of the State of new Jersey. Proceedings of the Royal Arch chapter of the state of New Jersey at the Fifty-First Convocation held in the city of Trenton 15 May A.D. 1907 A.I. 2437. Joseph Vickery keystone N 25 18 Jan 18 1905. Three_Times-Three #5 was payed 55 $ state of New Jersey for labor work.)

6/2/2020 at 8:48 PM

John P Vickery IV: Good work on the familysearch.org tree. Looks like a brickwall in the way of finding William Henry Vickery's parents.
You have listed Sarah Jane Beavis as @Capt. Joseph Vickery Jr.'s mother. But your familysearch sources show that William Henry did not marry Sarah until old age (1889).
According to the 1841 England/Wales census, Joseph is age one and the woman of the house who was almost certainly his mother was named Mary Vickery.
I find it absolutely amazing that Captain Joseph was born in Bedminster Parish of Somersetshire in England and emigrated to America to live in Bedminster of Somerset County, New Jersey. That stuff calls for double-and-triple-checking, but it's all true. Nowadays, Bedminster Parish is part of Bristol city, but per Genuki, in 1868 it was in Hartcliffe Hundred in Somersetshire.

Showing all 14 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion