Barack H. Obama, 44th President of the USA - ???

Started by Christine Elizabeth Ambrosini on Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• This file is a work of an employee of the Executive Office of the President of the United States, taken or made as part of that person's official duties. As a work of the U.S. federal government, it is in the public domain. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:President_Barack_Obama.jpg

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 33 posts
4/14/2020 at 3:07 PM

How would it be possible to be related to Washington, Obama and Trump?

4/14/2020 at 3:48 PM

common Ancestors, circumstances and places where family's originated.

4/14/2020 at 4:46 PM

Barack Obama is my 14th cousin 4 times removed
https://www.geni.com/path/Loretta-Alexandra-M268111+is+related+to+B...

George Washington is my 12th cousin 6 times removed.
https://www.geni.com/path/Loretta-Alexandra-M268111+is+related+to+G...

Obama and George Washington are 10th cousins 7 times removed.
https://www.geni.com/path/Barack-H-Obama-44th-President-of-the-USA+...

Sometimes Geni shows I'm connected to Donald Trump through his mother, and sometimes it shows no blood link, but, I do have a blood connection to the 42 other Presidents. Simply, COMMON ANCESTERS makes it possible!

BTW, Christine, we are 18th cousins three times removed through your father.
https://www.geni.com/path/Loretta-Alexandra-M268111+is+related+to+C...

Plus, your mother is my 18th cousin twice removed.
https://www.geni.com/path/Loretta-Alexandra-M268111+is+related+to+p...

4/14/2020 at 5:02 PM

Thank you for replying everyone. All this is mind boggling lol

4/15/2020 at 4:35 AM

At least you have two of which to be proud.

4/15/2020 at 3:54 PM

Frances definitely 😂 I refuse to be related to that clown 🤡 😑

4/15/2020 at 5:41 PM

im related to all of them also

4/15/2020 at 5:57 PM

Well hello cousins. I'm related to all of you, Barack descends from my Welborn line: Him, from Ruth Wilson (Welborn); me, from Aaron Welborn (Ruth's brother).

However, I would NEVER, ever claim relationship with one of the 'characters' mentioned, either....I don't even think he's from this country...I think his father or grandfather came over from Germany or somewhere, so I don't count him as being an 'original' American.

4/15/2020 at 5:57 PM

I have about 3 different ways I related to him. Wow neat

Private User
4/15/2020 at 9:52 PM

President Obama is my 5th cousin twice removed, through George Toot, his 6x great-grandfather, which is my 4x. George owned an Inn, which is now a private home, a few blocks from where I live.

George was born in Pennsylvania in 1759 and was in the Revolutionary War, which means Barack is more American than our current president, since his family only came to America in 1885 and never fought in any war, let alone the war that founded the country.

4/16/2020 at 12:44 AM

I am also related to Barack (and Michelle), and George (and Martha), but not the other.
Barack: 11th cousin, once removed
Michelle: 18th cousin, once removed
George: 10th cousin, 6 times removed
Martha: 12th cousin, 5 times removed

Christine, also related to you; we're 16th cousins, twice removed.

All of these are through my Dad's side (whose family seems to be related to nearly everyone, though, thankfully, not trump).

And yes, Marvin, his great grandfather came from Germany - Bavaria, now the Rhineland-Palatinate area, where I have family on both of my parents' sides. So, lucky miss there!

4/16/2020 at 12:48 AM

And actually, now that I take a curious peek, looks like I'm related to everyone who has commented. Hi, cousins! :-)

Through my paternal grandmother:
JC, we're 16th cousins, 4 times removed.
Thorsten, we're 26th cousins (as well as being in-laws on my Mom's Father's side - rarely find anyone through her side).
Loretta, we're 16th cousins, once removed.

Through my paternal grandfather:
Billie June, we're 11th cousins, once removed.
Marvin, we're 12th cousins, once removed.
Darlene, we're 12th cousins, once removed.
Frances Marie, we're 16th cousins, twice removed.
Joy, we're 19th cousins, twice removed.

Genealogy is certainly endlessly fascinating!

Yep same here.

Barack H. Obama, 44th President of the USA is your 8th cousin once removed.

4/16/2020 at 2:58 AM

Barack H. Obama, 44th President of the USA is my 24th cousin four times removed.

4/16/2020 at 6:07 AM

Out of all the Presidents/Vice-Presidents, there are only seven profiles with which are not direct blood relatives to me.

Private User
4/16/2020 at 8:01 AM

One of my favorite stories is how a 12 year-old girl discovered that all presidents are actually related to King John Lackland. There was only one president not related to him and that was Martin Van Buren.

4/16/2020 at 4:35 PM

George Washington: 17th cousin, 4 times removed.
Barack Obama: 16th cousin, 2 times removed.
These are blood relatives per Geni.

Do I have to check Trump? Wait, I must not be as I do not have a Pro account and cannot access his profile.

4/16/2020 at 5:47 PM

I used to show an all blue path to all Presidents. Woodrow Wilson line got disconnected from a Wilson...which I helped prove was inaccurate. You can view this in his discussions. I used to show an all blue path to Donald Trump....but his tree lost some limbs. I believe the tree had been accurate, and should be put back together. This was his 12th great grandfather.... John Stewart, 1st Earl of Atholl .

I am blood to all Vice Presidents. I am blood to almost all Signers of the Declaration of Independence.

I need to check all First Ladys….checked a few one time...and I was blood. I am going to add all who I find on my profile.

Private User
4/16/2020 at 6:22 PM

Gwendolene M Corey, I checked for you.

Gwendolene M Corey is Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the USA's ex-wife's first cousin 6 times removed's wife's sister's husband's wife's fifth great nephew's wife's mother.

I hope you're not disappointed.

4/16/2020 at 8:40 PM

@JC, not disappointed as I look for blood relationships - mother, father, brother sister, son, daughter.

4/17/2020 at 1:02 AM

directly ( blue all the way ) to every president and vice president except for //// Woodrow Wilson..... he is the husband of my relative....... and not related to Trump .Eldridge Gerry ..Thomas Hendricks ....James Monroe .. not bad for a New Zealander I think .........

4/17/2020 at 5:36 AM

Well, while we're all cooped up to stay safe, it is definitely reassuring to know I have so many cousins out there. Greetings to you all, and, wash your hands and wear your masks!
Frances Marie Baucom Olsen

4/17/2020 at 6:07 AM

I am blood to all First Ladies....except 4. If Joe Biden would happen to win, he is my 14th cousin.

4/17/2020 at 3:38 PM

Just checked. Biden is my 17th cousin. Glad I'm going to be voting for him.

4/18/2020 at 10:22 AM

Well, according to Geni, we're All related...

Frances Marie (Baucom) (twin) Olsen Frances Marie (Baucom) Olsen is my 12th cousin twice removed.

Diana Collins 11th cousin twice removed.

Colleen Dorothy Maunsell 14th cousin once removed.

Gwendolene M Corey 19th cousin once removed.

Private User 11th cousin twice removed.

Joel (adopted) 14th cousin once removed.

Keri Denise Jackson, ♊ Twin "A", GEDMATCH GQ346442C1 9th cousin twice removed.

Amanda Grabler (Ackley) 12th cousin twice removed.

Billie June Keaffaber 9th cousin once removed.

Kalle Antero Tammisto 22nd cousin thrice removed.

4/19/2020 at 12:40 AM

Diana Collins .. how did you do all the first ladies.... one at a time or somehow together ?????

4/19/2020 at 8:49 AM

One at a time. If you go on my profile, you will see all the First Ladies that I am blood to. Click on them, and see your path to them.

Private User
4/20/2020 at 7:12 AM

No politics, please. There's enough of that in the everyday world and it's just going to get worse from now till November.

4/20/2020 at 7:46 AM

I agree. I will always believe that Donald Trump is blood to me. Not that I really, really like him..... nor really, really dislike him. You can't withdraw the blood out of your veins just to eliminate those that you are kin to that you are not proud of. Heck, I have a section on my profile called... "JUST PLAIN CRAZY RELATIVES!!! (Everybody has 'em, ya just don't know it yet) ....". You have to take the BAD with the GOOD!

Showing 1-30 of 33 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion