Query on Ada Mary WESTERWAY

Started by Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) 🇦🇺 on Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts

Ada Mary Clifford is on Geni with
* born 1877
* died 1952

two sets of parents

Set 1
* father - William Henry Westerway (1852-1930)
* mother - Caroline Westerway 1856-1883

Set 2
* father - Private (son of william westerway and mary ann tatnell born 1846
* mother - caroline yost

Can anyone provide any information on this family?

Tasmania Birth Record - Ada Mary WESTERWAY born 22/2/1877 New Norfolk, father William WESTERWAY, mother Caroline HODGSINGS

Tasmania birth records for Ada have her as the daughter of William WESTERWAY and Caroline HODGSINGS

Mary Ann TATNELL was born in 1846
her "son" William Henry WESTERWAY was born in 1852 when she was only 6

Mary Ann TATNELL is already on Geni at Mary Ann Nichols where she married George NICHOLS in 1866 and died in 1919 as the widow of George NICHOLS

Caroline YOST is already on Geni at Caroline Hodge where she is born in 1861 and married Arthur Henry HODGE

Private User
4/8/2021 at 7:25 PM

Thats why i leave woman with their Initial name,
Her name when born was Tatnell,

What is it with people who add the married name?, when its obvious when you add a husband?, they dont do it on ancestry, or any other professinal genealogy sites, but people do it,:), if her primary name was left there would be no confusion.

Genealogy is not about Law names.

its not even about legality .:)

Geni search works better when all the names someone was known by are entered into the name fields.

Private User
4/8/2021 at 10:41 PM

I m not sure about that, i always find who i am looking for, but not on the WWW, only within geni itself,

If i search www nothing comes up for geni at all, unless i search 3 dif browsers, sometimes i get a hit P

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion