Robert lI d'Estouteville - d'Estutevilles

Started by Nina Serna on Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
3/17/2020 at 9:39 AM

This line is very mixed up and confusing.
It appears that Robert is much young
than all his wives and that he is also both
a father and a brother to Alice d' Estuteville
who is married to Micheal Fleming, and
also a sister to this Robert???

Private User
3/17/2020 at 10:21 AM

Nina Serna I sent a message to the profile managers asking them to address the inconsistencies, and also referenced your discussion here.

Private User
3/17/2020 at 10:24 AM

Coincidentally Nina I am working on this line right now and you are right, it is absolutely confusing. I have 7 resources and most don’t match, so just yesterday I reached out to other curators who curate medieval Europe and ask for advice, and a consensus on how I should proceed.

If you look a bit further you will see that ROBERT I and his son Robert II has the same wife, depending on the source.

Keep your eyes on this, I hope to make it make sense soon.

3/17/2020 at 10:37 AM

Thank you David

Private User
3/17/2020 at 10:40 AM

David thank you very much for the quick response, and to Nina for calling it to our attention. By the way, he is my 26th g-grandfather! :)

3/17/2020 at 12:55 PM

Thank you, David, for taking this project on.

I hope everyone has patience ...

Private User
3/26/2020 at 2:28 PM

Hi all,
I've started with the updates on the d'Estouteville Family, and I see that Erica knows what is there already, This family, besides being confusing in itself, has limited documentation, but what is there is frequently contradictory.

Here is my plan, and it will take time.
1) the first three generations are really scrambled in documentation so I'm working through that now, and there will probably bee some differences from what has been shown for a while, but in the end I will summarize my logic with a white paper that explains why I made the choices I did.
2) there are 15 generation of the French line, I will work down that line first once I get the siblings for generation 3 work out. I am working the children of Robert III right now. I have a source for the first 25 generation of the French line and may go there because...see #4
3) when the French line is complete I'll go back up to generation 3-4 where the English lines break off and work them
4) I'll bet you didn't know that this family has an Italian line using the name Tuttavilla, if Geni has them I'm thinking of connecting them to the long 25 generation tree I have that runs through 1596.

I want to clarify the issues around the numbering for Robert, this family has a Robert is almost every generation. I'm thinking along the lines of
...the French line will be named d'Estouteville
...the English line will be named Stuteville
...the Italian line will be named Tuttavilla

I spend a couple of 3-4 hours per day so keep and eye on things

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion