Ashot II the Iron, king of Armenia - Ashot II the Iron, king of Armenia is King David of Israel's 66th great grandson.

Started by Private User on Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-38 of 38 posts

Ggp

The Ayala’s were a noble basque family from the north of Spain and, yes, although I wouldn’t call them exotic, the marriage of Sancha into the Blount family brought some interesting genes since she was a direct descendant of El Cid .Campeador, Ruy Diaz de Vivar.

El Cid

Sancha was El Cid's 9th g-granddaughter. Neither would I call her exotic, but certainly special and undoubtedly very intelligent, gracious, and beautiful. She had 8 children with her husband and was a strong family matriarch, honoring him by carrying on his work and legacy after he died in battle.

Basque shows up in my two population estimate on GEDmatch. I was trying to figure out where it came from and bingo!

El Cid's grandmother Elo Vermuis has two father's. He is my 27th grandfather on one line but another grandfather on another, it seems, so I was checking back on him and found it. Want me to park it in Medieval profiles that need merging, Erica Howton ?

Susanne Floyd Yes, or a discussion from profile. I myself have no idea of the genealogy.

Will do Erica Howton

Private User Thanks, Debra, for the answer about Ashot. I've been working over on FamilySearch so, please, forgive the belated thanks.

Showing 31-38 of 38 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion