New Appel/Botha Profile Pic?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Monday, February 17, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-54 of 54 posts
2/19/2020 at 7:04 AM

We're trying to distinguish only the Botha surname line descent from Ferdinandus Appel, not the whole Appel line?

2/19/2020 at 7:34 AM

Yip only the Botha line descending from APPEL

Private User
2/19/2020 at 8:38 AM

I have changed the images up to great grandchildren - as far as can see the original images is no longer being displayed anywhere. Looked at the espaliered apple tree ( have an apricot) but couldn't see a clear and effective way of using it.

2/19/2020 at 9:04 AM

Can we find a better image for Ferdinandus himself? That it's an MP is already visually obvious.

Private User
2/19/2020 at 9:58 AM

I will look - basically used that because it says "Locked" The only place where the Adam and Eve image is displayed is now at https://www.geni.com/projects/Bothas-Appels-who-are-DNA-descendants... - maybe that also needs to be changed?

2/19/2020 at 10:23 AM

I'm happy with it as the project pic. It was referenced in conjunction with the original DNA research studies, if I recall.

I don't think we need a pic to tell us it is locked. Geni would create one for the thousands of others, if that was the case.

Private User
2/19/2020 at 10:38 AM

Found something which I adapted adapted it - have added it to his profile - let me know if ok

2/19/2020 at 10:41 AM

It's lovely. Thank you.

Private User
2/19/2020 at 10:44 AM

Should we use that on the project?

Private User
2/20/2020 at 12:48 AM

Chuckle for Daan. I also like the green and red and must also agree with Charlette's idea.
Further I also support that only in the 1st few profiles.

J

Private User
2/20/2020 at 12:50 AM

I would also suggest the image on the project must change. June thank you for working "overtime" again.

J

Private User
2/20/2020 at 12:52 AM

I would also suggest the image on the project must change. June thank you for working "overtime" again.

June I also like the Ferdinantus pic.

J

2/20/2020 at 4:24 AM

So finally I have the genes of APPEL via the black Swart but not via the brown Botha/Appel!

2/20/2020 at 6:20 AM

Love the "Appel"!

2/20/2020 at 6:32 AM

Haha Daan! He is for most of us our direct Ancestor on at least one line (according to the study on BOTHA males) and then even if not named we share such an ancestor!

June, I would definitely first use the best choice of an apple on the project.

On individual pictures another idea... I would really be confused with so many same picture profiles especially late in the evenings and in the dark. See each GENI profile has a unique profile picture... or the availability of having one. Therefore as compromise/ perhaps a different shape and shade of an apple depending on which generation and possibly order of birth (e.g. getting lighter or with a few bites/kinks in... 1,2,3,...). Then we have the best of both (utilising what we can do fully) and all the pictures are used as well.

2/20/2020 at 7:36 AM

As I said, I'm happy with the project pic, June.

2/20/2020 at 9:37 AM

Dit is baie jammer! My gevoel was dat die oorgrote meerderheid, nie met die prent tevrede of gelukkig was.

2/20/2020 at 10:31 AM

And so we changed the profiles. The project is my project, and people are not forced to join it.

2/20/2020 at 12:15 PM

what a good idea ... @jan marthinus

Private User
2/20/2020 at 9:26 PM

Will play with differentiating between generations

Private User
2/20/2020 at 11:26 PM

I have made a subtle change to the backgrounds of the first two generations (children and grandchildren) and left the great grandchildren with the original images. I think now that the original request has been dealt with and that although there seem to be a lot of apples about it is probably less intrusive than it was. Sharon - quite agree and understand to leave project as is!

2/21/2020 at 5:34 AM
2/24/2020 at 7:23 AM

Hennie Botha the Apple picture remains (reluctantly) my alternative choice, at least because we are rid of A&E. And before somebody accuses me of not being able to suggest a better alternative short of no image at all, I am prepared to follow the advice of a famous group the lytics of which contain the words:
...Still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be. Yeah
There will be an answer, let it be!!

Thanks to all who worked the compromise

Thanks to Johan, it seemed that the discussion has come to an end. ( I am married to a Botha that is an Appel) I now will repeat in Afrikaans what Johan has said :

"Moenie krap waar dit nie jeuk nie"

Showing 31-54 of 54 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion