Margaret Priest (Cheeley) - Margaret Priest (Cheeley) My direct line as well.

Started by Beverly Ann Schuele on Friday, January 31, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts

To Whom It May Concern,
I am elated to have found someone else with the same blood lineage. My direct bloodline to this family is through Nancy Ross who married Joel Ward. Nancy is the daughter of John Ross. John Ross is the son of William Ross and William the son of Hugh Ross the Immigrant.

I have not yet done a DNA test, but would be happy too if this would help the cause and prove my blood lineage through this line. I have joined the Daughters of the American Revolution through Thomas Ward. He is the son of Joel and Nancy (Ross) Ward. I am working on joining the Colonial Dames of the XVII through either the Ward or Ross line.

I hope to hear from someone from this line in the near future.

Bev (McBride) Schuele

Hi Beverly Ann Schuele

If I have it right, I’d be the 2nd cousin x 7 of Nancy Ward

(Hugh Ross, the immigrant > Francis Ross > James P Ross ... )

We’ve been discussing the Martin County NC line (and other Ross issues, including Y DNA) on this discussion:

https://www.geni.com/discussions/206722?msg=1357600

And I’ll ask Private User to join over here. She’s been sorting DNA results.

We’d both be contributing AtDNA so likely to distant to be useful.

Hi Beverly Ann Schuele.

I like to encourage everyone to do the DNA testing because you never know. But I agree with Erica Howton here. Unfortunately, the autosomal DNA testing is usually only good for confirming about 5 generations back. Maybe 6, if you're lucky. And the Rosses in your line are further back than that, so I'm not sure how much we would get out of it.

What we really need are male Ross descendants of William Ross, Sr. to do the Y-DNA testing at FamilyTreeDNA.

But there is a Ross Ancestor Project at GEDmatch & I would happy to add you there if you do decide to do the autosomal testing. You can upload there from any of the big companies... AncestryDNA, FamilyTreeDNA Family Finder, 23andme, MyHeritage.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion