Started by Tamás Flinn Caldwell-Gilbert on Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
12/17/2019 at 7:41 PM

Hello,

I am starting this discussion because the parents of Elizabeth Carwithie are unknown. According to her wikitree profile, some claim, without supporting evidence, that she might be the daughter of a Robert and Margery Rose of Wethersfield, but others claim the Elizabeth daughter of Robert and Margery Rose married a Michael Taintor and had issue with him. http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~hutch/genealogy/EGGLESTON/Taintor.ht...

There is no documentation for her origins and the Dutch parentage seems unlikely, especially since she married into Puritan families and she would probably (going from her supposed brother's, Captain Aeldert Hymansz Roosa, religion) have been from the Dutch Reformed Church .

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Roosa-316

I would suggest we disconnect her from her claimed parents (Heijmen Guijsbert Roosa and Eyken Jans Kuijsten) here on Geni, but I am wondering if anyone would like to first weigh in with some primary source based proof to keep the connection.

Thanks,
Tamas

12/17/2019 at 8:30 PM

Tamas, no evidence that I am aware of. I agree with your logic and that without further sources I think it would be best to orphan her.

12/18/2019 at 9:17 PM

Done.

She had been confused with her husband’s stepmother also.

12/18/2019 at 9:21 PM

PS - I was working on this because I was showing a relationship from an English de Ros family through the Dutch de Roos, so there’s additional look / see of links might be in order.

I’m now connecting to de Roos at Ada de Huntingdon, Countess of Holland

12/18/2019 at 9:25 PM

8th gg Thomas Riggs, of Gloucester cannot have been a child of Elizabeth Carwithie so he’s been disconnected.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion