Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
12/5/2019 at 11:26 AM

Birth Location Madagascar Angola?

12/5/2019 at 1:08 PM

Hi Sharon,

I can't add to sources ...

BUT interestingly my mother's DNA ethnicity update on ancestry.com now includes
- 1% Persia-Iran (... which can only possibly be Arabus)?

Does anyone else have this - 1% Persia-Iran DNA ethnicity update?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0mVUu2kRcs&t=300s

12/5/2019 at 10:19 PM

She's my Dad's 10th Great Granny - but on FTDNA my Dad shows no Middle East in his ethnicity. He has lots of slave grannys though, and those show up as 7% Central and South Asian, as well as 1%East and West African.

10 geneations is far away, though - so no guarantee he'd show her DNA.

12/7/2019 at 1:16 PM

My mom shows her slave inherited diversity as well:-
- 1% Benin - Togo
- 1 % India Southern & East Coast
- 1% Persia-Iran
PLUS
- 1% Indigenous Central American Indian (... as our De Pradines line was on Grenada, West Indies for 100 years before arriving in South Africa in 1863)!

Sharon ... if you watch the ancestry.com - youtube video ... it shows technical details of their research in getting "samples from specific regions" ... and there is no doubt that ancestry.com does have the biggest global DNA database ... and their last 3 ethnicity estimate updates have accurately honed in and picked up our 4 Slave regions that we can prove with historical record?

12/7/2019 at 10:59 PM

That's very interesting. My Dad's is FTDNA - but I've tried a couple of the more specific filters at Gedcom - I'll do it again if it helps.

My Heritage shows one of my grandchildren as carrying 0.8% American Indian, and the other as carrying 0.8% innuit (Eskimo) - My guess is that they're not honing in on the San DNA from Eva Krotoa correctly.

12/7/2019 at 11:02 PM

Gedmatch

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion