Sir Robert Throckmorton, of Coughton - Need help with Throckmorton Family Line

Showing all 8 posts

There seems to be several date issues and duplicates with this family line. I think at some time there was a merge that should not have been merged. But not sure.

Sir Thomas Throckmorton of Coughton

Sir Robert Throckmorton, of Coughton

Elizabeth Throckmorton

Plus probably others as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Robert Russell, of Strensham

There are several issues. Please help. The Elizabeth that is supposed to have married Sir Robert was Robert Russell's mother and wife.

12/4/2019 at 11:02 PM

“There is much confusion in secondary sources concerning the order of the Robert’s two marriages. His first wife, whom he married circa 1487, was Katherine Marowe (c.1459-1503), the daughter of William Marowe (c.1419?-1464/5), Lord Mayor of London and three times Master of the Grocers’ Company, and his second wife, Katherine Rich. Robert married secondly, Elizabeth (nee Baynham) Russell, the daughter of Thomas Baynham (b. c. 1422, d. 16 February 1500) and Alice Walwyn (d. 10 October 1518).”

From the profile of Sir Robert Throckmorton, of Coughton

I think your disconnect was wrong.

Elizabeth Throckmorton Married 1) Robert Russell, of Strensham 2) Sir Robert Throckmorton, of Coughton

What makes you think they were not husband / wife?

Erica Howton I think I fixed it. I reconnected her to the right one.

Erica Howton She was connected to two Robert Russells. Which was the confusion.

Erica Howton She was connected to another Robert Russell who was also the son of her and Robert Russell, of Strensham. I disconnected the other Robert Russell from them cause they did not have a son named Robert that I am aware of.

12/5/2019 at 12:20 AM

Ah - well done ! She’s with the correct Robert now, thank you. I locked relationships so errors shouldn’t be able to happen again.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion