Juda Weil - His first name??

Started by Benzion Yitzchok Rieger on Sunday, December 1, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 10 posts
12/1/2019 at 2:59 PM

Was his name really Juda? his son is Yehuda, and in Hebrew its לא ידוע which means unknown!

12/1/2019 at 7:35 PM

HI Benzion,
Sorry, but I can't be of much help until I get from you more information about the Juda Weil who you are referring to.
Best,
Ian

1/5/2020 at 3:38 AM

Benzion Yitzchok Rieger
I can contribute about:
Rabbi Yehuda Weil

According to Naftali Aaron Wakstein, the information is correct
I don't know who his father was,
For being descendant of RambaN,
It makes sense to me, but if that is true, it is probably missing a generation or several generations

1/5/2020 at 10:03 AM

According to Naftali Aaron, he had the same name as his father?

1/5/2020 at 10:21 AM

Benzion Yitzchok Rieger
No, I mean this profile:
Rabbi Yehuda Weil
To his father, I believe there is a mistake here, because in Hebrew it says his name is unknown, however In English, someone wrote :juda, that's a mistake.

1/6/2020 at 5:26 AM

Benzion Yitzchok Rieger

Quite coincidentally, Naftali Wakstein published his new article today , The article relates, among other things, to the weil family and the relationship with haramban.
I quickly read a small part of the article, and there is a reference to the context of ramban to weil family.
From a quick read I learned that the connection to ramban is true.
Yesterday I called Naftali Wakstein and scheduled to chat tomorrow, so if I have an update, I'll update.

1/25/2020 at 12:46 PM

Haim Wartski, HaCohen any update?

1/25/2020 at 1:07 PM

Benzion Yitzchok Rieger

Yes, Naphtali Wakstein confirmed that According to tradition the weil family is a haramban descendant when I asked him How exactly, because I want to connect the two families, he answered me that they are known to be descendants, but it is not known exactly how
I wrote to curators at geni and i was told to leave things as they are now.
I also asked about the connection between Rashi and King David. A few months ago Naftali Wakstein told me that according to Jewish tradition, Rashi is descended from King David But the names of 22 people between Joshua Zimri and yohanan hasandlar are not entirely known, two weeks ago I realized from him that he came to new and interesting information on the subject, and he is studying it,.

1/25/2020 at 1:10 PM

I hope to talk with him again in the coming weeks and ask him again, maybe he has already learned the subject and has an answer

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion