• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
11/21/2019 at 11:01 AM

I would like to thank Private User for adding the article by Paull et al to the sources of this profile. I would like to expand a little on this document. According to my understanding of the article, the Y-DNA Genetic Signature of the Shapiro Rabbinical Lineage described in that article is G-FGC1107. I find this result problematical because Allen Spira (Private User), a direct patriline descendant of R' Samuel Zalman Shapira (1st Shapira) is confirmed in haplogroup J-ZS11006. This is something that should be examined by the Shapira genetic signature researchers as soon as possible.

Private User
11/21/2019 at 12:10 PM

ADDENDUM (reposted with correction): This is an important discussion because if R' Samuel Zalman Shapira (1st Shapira) is a patriline descendant of the Kalonymos line of Meshulam 'the Great' Kalonymos then the correct YDNA signature of R' Samuel would also be that of this Kalonymos line. Jeffrey Mark Paull

Private User
11/21/2019 at 1:27 PM

Private User, thanks for your hard work. It appears that the company doing the genetic testing for this is also doing the genomic study for a genetic disorder called hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Anecdotally, their seems to be a higher prevalence of EDS among Ashkenazi Jews. You might want to have a look at https://www.ehlers-danlos.com/what-is-eds. Best,
Peter

Private User
11/21/2019 at 1:33 PM

Private User And thank you for this tip about a health test.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion