Greta Thunberg - Svante Arrhenius (The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1903) is ancestor?

Started by Private User on Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts
Private User
11/20/2019 at 4:22 PM

Dear curators,
I have found this article https://blog.ucsusa.org/brenda-ekwurzel/im-a-scientist-greta-thunbe...
Can you confirm or deny it? I was checking her lineage and didnt find any proof about that. Maybe I am not familiar with your application enough only.

Thx in advance for your great job,
Charlie

Private User
11/20/2019 at 10:48 PM

Svante Arrhenius's mother was Caroline Thunberg.

Currently, the tree is probably not filled in enough for an accurate connection, since the relationship path is: Svante August Arrhenius, Nobel Prize in Chemistry, 1903 is Greta Thunberg's fourth great grandmother's husband's wife's sister's husband's nephew.

Private User
11/21/2019 at 5:46 AM

Thank for input. I checked lineage from Greta Thunberg to Svante Arrhenius and than tried it in opposite way and it doesnt seem there is interrrupted or missing info. Also searching lineage doesnt provide any person which died in same year like S. Arrhenius.
Have you any source for that information or its your personal knowledge only? Isnt possible it is "same name" case only but in fact there is no connection to Svante Arrhenius ancestor? Unfortunately term "probably not filled in enough" is not too valuable for my research.

Private User
11/21/2019 at 7:42 AM

I don't have a source, I just looked at the existing profile for Svante Arrhenius (below, for convenience). Since it is a curated profile, you could try contacting the curator directly and asking for assistance.

Svante August Arrhenius, Nobel Prize in Chemistry, 1903

Greta's profile is also curated, so perhaps contacting that curator, also, or a message between you and both of the curators.

Private User
11/21/2019 at 11:59 AM

Yep, thats what I wanted make firstly. Just I thought that curator has info about discussions under curated profile. Anyway thank you very much for your help.

Private User
11/21/2019 at 11:20 PM

They are not related.
The ancestor of Svante Arrhenius Johan Petter Thunberg was born in 1795.

The ancestor of Greta Thunberg Johan Peter Thunberg was born in 1816 and took the surname from his birth parish Tuna (so no older Thunbergs there).

Private User
11/24/2019 at 11:24 PM

Thank you, Bo-Arne!

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion