Ester bat Dotteres Loeb - Conflicts

Started by Randy Schoenberg on Friday, November 1, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 29 posts
11/1/2019 at 9:01 PM

Can anyone resolve the conflicts on this profile?

Private User
11/1/2019 at 10:15 PM

What conflicts?

11/2/2019 at 6:23 AM

Pardon.me , but on my GG nan's grave, there is a.name that seems to be " Estelle Loeb" with Weill under it.

Did esther live in france ?

11/2/2019 at 10:40 AM

A GEDCOM full of duplicates was added to Geni and now all of the duplicates in the tree need to be resolved. These GEDCOM additions like the one that was just added serve little purpose, but add a lot of work. I will take care of this integration as time permits.

11/2/2019 at 10:45 AM

Jessica, Ester hat Dotteres lived in what was France at that time, but is now in Germany. Mutterstadt Germany is to the west of the Rhine.

Jeff Meyerson (c) is there anywhere i can put the photo so someone can work out which " loeb" individual is buried with my Raiza ?

Private User
11/3/2019 at 3:59 AM

Jeff Meyerson, Thank you so much for cleaning up this mess.

Private User
11/3/2019 at 4:18 AM

Someone has created a real mess here. (Should some of these profiles be locked in the future, after they have been cleaned up????) I am fortunate to have a copy of my great-great grandfather, Ferdinand "Feibelman Lazarus" Loeb's autobiography. In it, he states unequivocally that his father was Lazarus and his mother was Fradel Bensheim. He also states that his grandfather (Lazarus's father and my great-great-great-great grandfather) was named Feibelman Loeb -- NOT Michael Emmerich Loeb (born Gumpertz) as this messed-up lineage now states. (BOTH of these men are now credited with being my great-great-great-great grandfather! Wow! A miracle!) But I digress...

My great-great grandfather Ferdinand "Feibelman Lazarus" Loeb writes: "My mother was born Fradel Bensheim in Mannheim and married a man called Hermann from Grunstadt. They had two children, Joseph and Cala; then my mother was widowed and married my father. I and my surviving sister Ester were born of this marriage. Ester married Simon Marx and is now a widow. I had another brother and two sisters. One was my twin and died at birth."

My great-great grandfather also says this: "I was born in Mutterstadt in 1790 in my grandfather's house in which my parents also lived. It was a wooden house built in the old way, on the spot where Loeb Ludwig 11 is building his new one. My name is Ferdinand Loeb. I used to be called Feibelman Lazarus. This was because formerly the Israelites were left to themselves and their births were not registered. But in 1808 Napoleon decreed that every Israelite was to have a German given and surname. My grandfather's name was Loeb and all his descendants had taken it for their family name so I chose to be called Ferdinand Loeb."

11/3/2019 at 3:25 PM

Jessica Christophe-Dymock Paternal Ydna QM 242
Jessica, you could send the picture to my email address:
jeffreymeyerson1@mac.com

I can look at it and see if I can determine if I recognize the Loeb that is buried with Raiza..

11/3/2019 at 8:48 PM

Private User
Randy Schoenberg

The GEDCOM that was integrated into the tree created too many errors and too much conflicting data for me to correct. I started to fix the tree and have worked for hours so far, but found that the entire extent of the damage was too far gone for me to complete given my own time constraints. The other issue is that this will be an ongoing problem as long as GEDCOMs can be uploaded.

My opinion is that GEDCOMs should be prohibited in most circumstances or at least vetted for matches before they go live to the tree. At the least, someone should look at the GEDCOM and check it out before approval, but that may be unrealistic.

What happens when someone decides to upload a 30,000 or even 90,000 person GEDCOM? I see the maximum GEDCOM upload to GENi is 100,000 persons.

I have corrected a lot of the Mutterstadt "Loeb" tree, but I may take a good while to get it back to where it was. So far 8 hours and counting...

Private User
11/3/2019 at 10:06 PM

Thank you, Jeff. What you said about what has happened because of GEDCOM is appalling. As far as I am concerned, it renders Geni.com virtually useless as a resource. Terese

11/3/2019 at 11:11 PM

Thank you, Jeff. Has anyone alerted upper echelon adins at Geni about this mess. Can they throw resources at it to help you out?

And can they limit GEDOMS going live until after approval by a curator?

Let's hope so.

And Teresa, thanks for the glimpse into the life of our relatives. I enjoyed that/

Private User
11/4/2019 at 3:39 AM

Catherine, I think that you’re absolutely right about what needs to be done about this corruption of the information affecting our family. However, Jeff has indicated that it isn’t just us. Much of Geni has been corrupted by mistaken GEDCOM interpolations, I gather, rendering Geni.com completely suspect as a reliable source beyond — maybe — four or five generations back about which people alive today have direct knowledge and possibly DNA confirmation.

Private User
11/4/2019 at 6:22 AM

PS -- Good morning, everybody, who has been following this. This morning I discovered that Feibelmann Loeb has been identified as my fourth great-grandmother, married to.... In fact, Mr. Feibelmann Loeb was a man. Geni.com has been trashed by whoever added the GEDCOM information!!!! To make matters worse, people will start copying this nonsense and importing it into My Heritage and Ancestry as "smart matches." The only saving grace for me is that I had printed out some of the correct information before this disaster happened. Geni.com is not worth two cents now.

11/4/2019 at 8:50 AM

Can you see where a tree has been corrupted by a gedcom download ?

Jeff Meyerson (c)

Yes, i will do it later on.

Should i also send you the matches, surname Loeb or Loeb related ?

Jessica

11/4/2019 at 8:07 PM

If someone can take a look at the tree for Miriam Weil and let me know which children go with which parents, I think we can straighten all this out.

Randy Schoenberg

Here is what I found on geneanet for Mirlam Weil.

Miriam Weil

Imprimer son arbre

Sosa : 265

Décédée en 1758

Union(s) et enfant(s)

Avec Rav Elieser Lazarus Weil 1680-1761 dont

Mendel Weil 1710-

Naphtali Hirsh Weil 1715-1793

Sources

Personne: Ancestry.com - http://www.Ancestry.com - Ancestry Family Trees - Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. - This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. - Ancestry Family Trees - http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=17647476&amp...

Aperçu de l'arbre

Miriam Mirjam WEIL

Imprimer son arbre

Née en 1685

Décédée en 1758, à l'âge de 73 ans

Union(s) et enfant(s)

Avec Eliezer Lazarus WEIL 1679-1761 dont

Naphtali Hirsh WEIL 1715-1793

Menahem Mendele Mendel WEIL ca 1720-

Brindlé WEIL

Sources

Décès: My heritage - Internet document - https://www.myheritage.fr/research/collection-10134/1930-recensemen...

Aperçu de l'arbre

Miriam WEIL (OO)

Imprimer son arbre

Union(s) et enfant(s)

Mariée avec Naftali Hirsch WEIL †1692 dont

Moses Meier WEIL 1688-ca 1770

Notes

Notes individuelles

Religion: jüdisch

Sources

Personne: (1) www.jewishgen.org, ID# 6948

Bräunle (Sister of Miriam Weil) Weil Baumle

Imprimer son arbre

Sosa : 387
(Bräunle (Sister of Miriam Weil) Weil)

Née en 1680

Décédée en 1758, à l'âge de 78 ans

Union(s) et enfant(s)

Avec Marum Marx Marum Weil le Gros Weil ca 1680-1749 dont

Lehman Marx Leman Lima Yehuda Weil Weil ca 1709-1788

Keylé Marum Weil 1713-1791

Sara Marx Weil 1720-1807

Magdalena Matel (E) Weil 1728-1811

Mendel Menachem Jacob Mendele bar Meir Weil ca 1735-1815

Rifgen Weil ca 1747-ca 1811

Guttel Weyl

Notes

Notes individuelles

geni:about_me Called Matel in Maajan #3

Voir numéro 7, 8 et 9 --> http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/f/r/a/Werner-L-Frank/WEB...

Ou The Werner L Frank Family Tree_Sources.pdf, téléchargeable dans dossier DocumentsDennery.

-- GEDCOM (INDI) -- 1 SUBM @S6000000001319859003@

Décès

Address:, Kippenheim, Baden-Württemberg Germany, Kippenheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

And this for rabbi Eliezer Lazarus Weil

Eliezer Lazarus WEIL

Imprimer son arbre

Né le 30 novembre 1679 (jeudi) - STÜHLINGEN, Baden-Württemberg, ALLEMAGNE

Décédé le 28 avril 1761 (mardi) - KIPPENHEIM, 08317059, Regierungsbezirk Freiburg, Baden-Württemberg, ALLEMAGNE, à l'âge de 81 ans

Inhumé en 1761 - Schmieheim, grave 38/2 - SCHMIEHEIM, Baden-Württemberg, ALLEMAGNE

Savant rabbin

Parents

Naftali Hirsch Tzvi WEIL 1639-1691

Miriam BAT EFRAM 1654-1697/

Union(s) et enfant(s)

Avec Miriam Mirjam WEIL 1685-1758 dont

Naphtali Hirsh WEIL 1715-1793

Menahem Mendele Mendel WEIL ca 1720-

Brindlé WEIL

Fratrie

Marum Marx WEIL 1679-1749

Eliezer Lazarus WEIL 1679-1761

Besla Pesla WEIL 1679-

Breindel Breinlé WEIL 1682-1763

Nathanael Nathaniel WEIL 1686-1769

Moshe Moses Meier WEIL 1687-1766

Reitz WEIL †

Sources

Naissance: ancestry family tree - Internet document - https://www.ancestry.fr/family-tree/tree/152680894/family -

Né en 1680 - Stühlingen, Waldshut, Baden-Württemberg, Deutschland, 79780

Décédé le 28 avril 1761 - Kippenheim,Baden-Württemberg,ALLEMAGNE, à l'âge de 81 ans

Parents

Naftaly Hirsch WEIL ?1650-1692

Rabbin à Stühlingen

Miriam Bet Efram ?1655-

Union(s) et enfant(s)

Marié avec ? ? dont

Naphtaly Hirsch WEIL 1715-1793

Mendel WEIL ?1720-

Frères et sœurs

Meir Marum Marx WEIL ca 1679-1749

Pesla WEIL ?1680-

Breinel Breindel WEIL ?1683-1763

Nathanael WEIL ?1687-1769

Moses Weill ca 1688-1776

Sources

11/5/2019 at 6:52 AM

David Mark Dror maybe you can help us resolve the issues from your gedcom import.

11/5/2019 at 7:19 AM

Ok. Fixing things up. Please check on the wife and kids of this one. Moses Meier (Maram) Weil

11/5/2019 at 7:27 AM

Problem seems to be that everyone wants a wife named Miriam or Bräunle or "Sister of Miriam." We could use some actual documentation on this tree. Screenshots of documents, etc.

Check wives and children of
Rabbi Naftali Hirsch Weil
Rabbi Eliezer Lazarus Weil, ♊ twin
Moses Meier (Maram) Weil
Marum Marx Weil, ♊ twin

And check these
Miriam Weil
Bräunle
Miriam bat Efram Weil
Miriam bat Efram Weil
Miriam Meier Mara'M Weil
Braunle Weil (Guggenheim)

We need correct dates and documentation on these and then I can lock them down so this doesn't happen again.

11/5/2019 at 7:33 AM

It may also be helpful to review a descendant report.
https://www.geni.com/list/descendants/6000000002149380108#6

Randy Schoenberg

I could try to look, but are german records going that far back ?

Private User
11/6/2019 at 2:12 PM

Hi Randy, do you now see my point when I carry on with my private tree?
Remember that I asked you to provide me with some GENI gedcoms and you answered you could not? It would be easy by now to check the differences. But anyway, there have been errors all along, not just now; I used to try to correct whatever I could but I can't anymore, since GENI decided to remove some of the tools and made it impossible to get into Pro profiles. By the way, I don't see why they carry on informing me about duplicates that were discovered, since I have no access but to the advertisement of PRO.
As for fixing GENI: can't you list all entries that were added at a certain time from a certain source and then remove them?

11/7/2019 at 6:06 PM

Not sure if I understand all the complaints since most make no sense. No point in keeping a small, error-filled, incomplete private tree that no one will ever see. Here, the errors get caught, and fixed. We all work together, much more efficient than working alone. Anyway, if you don't want to pay for pro to help keep Geni alive, you can use google search to get to all public profiles. Just add +site:geni.com to your google search. Then you won't hit the paywall. On any profile you can go to the revisions tab to see any changes. As for removing profiles, better to merge them. But if you tell a curator, we can sometimes sever and delete a duplicate branch.

Private User
11/8/2019 at 2:37 AM

I agree with Marc Binyamin Dana-Picard that Geni.com is full of errors with new ones introduced constantly by people who don’t really know what they’re doing and/or who take “Smart matches” on faith without questioning the sources, if any. The problems are compounded in Jewish families because the same names were used over and over so that someone not related to and familiar with the family could easily link the wrong spouses together and/or attribute the wrong children to them. I believe that if the owners of Geni.com would hire and pay some professional genealogists to ride herd on the additions and changes, the problems would be minimized. No one, however well intentioned, should be allowed to muck up a tree as has happened here.

Private User
11/9/2019 at 4:34 PM

The problem is at the level of the children of Rabbi Naftali Hirsch Weil Rabbi Naftali Hirsch Weil in the tree https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000016183722980#60000000.... He was married with two women who were sisters, Miriam bat Efraim and her sister, but the introduced gedcom has created a confusion, Rabbi Naftali's children are almost all duplicated because who were their mother Miriam or Miriam's sister, Rabbi Nathanael Weil is descended from Miriam, for the others it is necessary to check, the sister of Miriam would have died in 1679 if the source is sure, which would mean that all the children born after would be the children of Miriam. So check each person's date of birth or find a reliable source to make sure who their mother is and clean up the duplicates of Miriam's sister and children. There is a problem on the date of birth of one of the two children Marum Marx Weil, ♊ twin and https://www.geni.com/people / Eliezer-Weil / 6000000009581757420? Through = 6000000007218057565 who are registered born on November 30, 1679 which is surely wrong, one of the two was born in 1680 which?

Showing all 29 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion