Øyvind Kåresson Lambe - Profile picture of Øyvind Kåresson Lambe, something wrong?

Started by Private User on Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
10/29/2019 at 4:38 PM

Isn't it Egill Skallagrímsson picture used in Øyvind Kåresson Lambes profile? Some misunderstanding perhaps perhaps? https://fi.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egillin,_Kalju-Grimrinpojan_saaga

Private User
10/29/2019 at 4:54 PM

Øyvind was a Norwegian viking of the late ninth and early tenth centuries, known from among other sources, Egil's Saga. He was the son of the viking Berle-Kari and brother-in-law of Kveldulf Bjalfason, who married Eyvind's sister Salbjorg Karadottir; so he was uncle to Skallagrim and Thorolf Kveldulfsson and great uncle to the famous poet Egil Skallagrimsson, I do not have book about Egils saga near at the moment, so I am not 150% sure, but everywhere in internets wild world picture has been used to describe Egill himself, not the great uncle.

Private User
10/29/2019 at 4:56 PM
Private User
10/29/2019 at 11:38 PM

A quick google image search shows that the it is the "picture" of Egil Skallagrimson yes, - I have untagged Øyvind from it and tagged Egil.

In any case: we does not know how they looked like. The image is from a seventeenth-century manuscript of Egil's Saga and shows the poem's author and hero, Egil Skallagrimsson.

Private User
10/30/2019 at 11:32 AM

Good, thank you.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion