John Perrot The Quaker Pope Converter His writings from Bedlam Prison

Started by Dale C. Rice on Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Image by Wikimedia Commons user AnonMoos. This work is ineligible for copyright and therefore in the public domain because it consists entirely of information that is common property and contains no original authorship. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Quaker_star-T.svg
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 151-180 of 269 posts

"don't you see how you have short circuited the biggest news in Geni History regarding a family who zero people on it from my family in 2010 to uncovering the son of Margaret Mercer 1580 as Pope ConverterQuaker? It's fully been veted"

Oh no, Dale. No one has "veted" (or vetted) it but you. No one else has seen even the slightest scintilla of evidence to back up your claim. Everyone else thinks that someone born in Wales circa 1598 and someone born in Ireland circa 1620 are two different men.

Wrong again Per usual see this connection to Thomas Price of Liether and my Pughe family in Virginia along with Hughes DNA. Why do have to exagerate the truth? Thomas Price was in Virginia 1652 and Wales after his father sold the business to Hooe1654. Thoose are not mutally exclusive dates for Perrot ap Rice who had his own means of transport.

Pugh Price

Erica: Robert Phillips was born before the Heirs of Picton Castle and he could not have inherited because Phillips of Picton was R1b. Robert and my Phillips of Virginia are I-1 zero distance. The trail to Virginia is what I am asking you to see with my great grandfather #7 who did not die as imagined by JS and others who never disagreed with JS.

https://www.geni.com/path/Thomas-ap-Rice-of-Llether+is+related+to+P... follow this linkage to the Perot ap Rice son who showed up in Virginia 1652.

So you Brilliant Scolars of Genidom have convinced yourselves that the only person to have corrected you r work on the afformentioned files of William Price 1622 and Joan Otter....John Perrot Jr. 1590 and Prunella Perrot / Dr. Richard Perrot and his 1/2 brother Robert... Elizabeth Lattimer & son Henry of Newton son of Walter Rice....all of those corrections that we did collaboratively are without my input? You are greedy History Hogs taking claim for the files I brought to your attention. I have enough to go Public with the Perrot Pope converter Stroy and I hope it's a winning combination of Truth/Adventure/ inspiration/and redemption worthy to be understood by the public. It's been a real PLEASURE Knowing your in charge and have no insights at all. DCR

Bad link, Dale. Times two. "One of these profiles does not exist", and it's apparently "Pugh Price Tuscororan" that doesn't exist.

Don't break both arms patting yourself on the back so hard. A lot of what was achieved, was achieved *in spite of* you - not because of you. And none of it - NONE of it - had any direct bearing on John Rice of Dedham.

I can count coup too. It was never you who found out who Perrot ap Rice's wife really was - *I* found that out, by comparing notes with the siblings of Col. Nathaniel Littleton. He's not a particularly close relative (yet) - 8th great-aunt's grandfather - but he was a fairly important figure in the small and intertwined world of Northampton/Accomack County, Virginia. And it was his sister Priscilla who married Perrot ap Rice. (She somehow got left out of the Miles Files, probably because she nor any of her children - nor her husband - ever emigrated.)

Dale, you asked questions. You didn’t do the research; it was in fact quite difficult to even understand your question about Henry Price of Newton. Once I did, I filled in some blanks on the Geni tree. They led nowhere relevant to your Ancestry as far as I could see.

Maven, I’m glad taking the trouble to figure out a question did lead somewhere useful for you.

Dale, your understanding of Colonial Virginia is poor, and it’s an especially difficult topic in genealogy. I’m certainly no expert and I’ve been trying to learn for over 10 years, because I have that Ancestry. There were over 70,000 emigrants from (mostly England) to Virginia in the 17th century, almost all of them of unknown origin. New England arrivers were about 20,000 and many lines have been intensely studied, including yours. You are a very lucky fellow to have a tree that can be traced so well to the year 1624 or thereabouts. Your family should rightly be proud of your achievement of that truth.

Also, I won’t even try to answer anything about Virginia without a link to the profile on Geni. Not the relationship path: the profile itself.

Not to worry: The Questions that have been asked and brilliantly answered by you E.H. are all tucked away in the notes for my personal family history that I will leave behind one day for a very large extended family and friends who have followed my 10 year invsetment of time here. I do thank you. I only asked that you and others be open to the possiblities of John Perrot Pope Converter whom my father told me in 1977 was our 7th great grandfather, but did not quite understand then what the relationships meant. Only in the last 3 years did I finally unravel the use of 3 names by the Scoundrel ancestor Perrot ap Rice and his father all with similar names hense much confusion as I tried to describe it. The Truth will never sell out to mere delusion or Hubris. The Truth always is finally heard and I have pointed you toward it in the DNA findings of Adkins, Pughe, Phillips, Price and Rice of Manovan 4th cousin to Perrot the Pope Converter. It should be quite a good read when I add the artwork and play within the book covers for my family. It was a strange inheritence given in an hours time Oct 1977 4 months before my 92 year old father passed on in February of 1978. Whatever my understanding is....will be a bread crumb trail for anyone else to follow on Wicki-Tree. and Ancestry. DCR

I hope you reconsider your plan for John Perrot the Quaker. It’s too easily caught out as impossible, and that’s an embarrassment.

Great side story though.

When I tell you that the Geni Algorythem still connects me and my mother lines to Thomas Price of Liether and Perrot ap Rice the father of John Rice of Dedham you can see your blockage at work right here
https://www.geni.com/path/Thomas-ap-Rice-of-Llether+is+related+to+B...

Further : The Thomas ap Rice Price figure and my Tuscoroan ancestor are also shining through in the DNA of Phillips, Pughe, Perrot, Price/Rice.

https://www.geni.com/path/Pugh-Price-Tuscororan+is+related+to+Thoma...

Richard Price, of Northumberland County
this one is husband to one of the profiles in Dale C. Rice path and he has two wives that needs to be checked, one of them is old enough to be his mother and might not have been this above profiles wife.
Mary Price

Dale, that's not a Rice link, it's a back-link through the Littletons up to John Talbot 1ste Earl of Shrewsbury. And it's typical of the sort of indirect cousin links that can be found all over Geni.

Pugh Price / Tuscororan (aha, he finally turns up - why didn't he last time?) is NOT a blood relative to Thomas Price of Llether. His mother's brother married a Northampton County VA Robins whose grandmother was the daughter of (here he is again) Col. Nathaniel Littleton. This sort of indirect connection-by-marriage is even more common.

Dale C. Rice I told you, i need the profile link on Geni, not the path to you. It’s too entirely self serving otherwise, and you had stated your goal in life is to help others? Did I read that wrong?

Private User Thank you, that’s exactly the kind of analysis we need to keep the Geni tree in order. We’ll look / see what happened there.

And neither path has anything to do with John Rice of Dedham, MA, except in your wildest imaginings.

Thomas ap Rice, of Llether

Pugh Price

You can't get there from here because there is no "there" there.

Private User cleanup done. The extra wife was valid but time traveling. The grandmother in law Katharn Garner had gotten confused.

Thanks again.

Thanks Erica!

Thank you - it was a bit of a mess (although not too bad for Virginia).

His name was Richard Price, not William, and he’s an “unplaced Price” so far.

These "Tuscarora" Prices are no possible connection to Dale - they're R1b. (I suspect he overlooked that.)

Something is also not right about the "Tribal History" vs the Geni tree. Thomas Pugh Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Pugh, wife Mary Scott, is explicitly noted as "(non-Indian)", and while they do have a son William William Scott Pugh, there's no way he could have been old enough to be a Tribal Chief in 1753.

Perhaps the error lies in the (incorrect?) assumption that Chief William Pugh was the same person as William Scott Pugh - but clearly he wasn't. The Chief would have needed to be Thomas' age or older. Was he even from the same bunch of Pughs, or is the Geni tree *that* incomplete?

Col. Enis Francis Thomas Pugh, III. is in the Miles Files because he visited Northampton County, VA, long enough to meet and marry Pheribee "Farabee" Savage Pheribee Pugh / Barker, a descendant of Ensign Thomas Savage. But the Miles Files give no further clues as to Col. Francis Pugh's ancestry or siblings.

I see a link of interest in this profile:

Capt. John Price, IV, Catawba Military Confederacy

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/soc.genealogy.medieval/Lk...

(Nat Taylor is a respected genealogist)

But the children are not making sense do not make sense date & location wise. I suspect generation drift; John Price is too early for children in Robeson County NC.

Also, the Tuscaroran is a tree in progress, as researchers try to piece it together from a world of no records. So I’m not surprised to see illogics; it just means they need to nail it down more, particularly around chronology.

Private User Can you link “Chief William Pugh” ? I’m not seeing him.

Nor am I. Does he even belong to this family?

Time traveling Geni profiles?

From https://tuscaroranationnc.com/tribal-history

In 1753, the Tuscarora Chief William Pugh and other Chiefs secured their Tuscarora lands by King George II in Drowning Creek and the Saddle Tree Swamps in Bladen County. With this land secured land of the Tuscarora Chiefs from Bertie County who migrated to Bladen County now part of Robeson County, North Carolina, these Chiefs created a traditional land base with over 10,000 acres for other Tuscarora Indians from Bertie, Craven, Edgecombe to live and survive in isolated settlements to the present day. These Tuscarora Chiefs were William Pugh, William Mitchell, John Rogers, William King who was also confirmed as being Tuscarora Chiefs on the Tuscarora Reservation Land Leases in Bertie County in 1766, 1777, and 1782. ...

Nope, I don't think he's on Geni. Yet.

Looks like someone made an ASS-umption based on "same surname".

https://ncfpc.net/tag/tuscarora/

Depressing reading.

https://books.google.com/books?id=HT69BbA3Is8C&lpg=PA92&ots...

Indian Slavery in Colonial America Front Cover Alan Gallay

Showing 151-180 of 269 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion