William Mullins, "Mayflower" Passenger - Parents !

Started by Erica Howton on Monday, October 14, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
10/14/2019 at 10:26 PM

I see Caleb Johnson now has parents listed for William Mullins.

http://mayflowerhistory.com/mullins-william

BIRTH: About 1572 at Dorking, co. Surrey, England, son of John and Joan (Bridger) Mullins.
MARRIAGE: Alice, probably about 1600, likely in co. Surrey, England.
CHILDREN: William, Sarah, Priscilla, and Joseph.
DEATH: 21 February 1620/1 at Plymouth.
William Mullins was born about 1572 to John and Joan (Bridger) Mullins of Dorking, Surrey, England. He married a woman named Alice, but her maiden name has not been identified. ...

Is that this Joane Benham & John Mullins, of Dorking ?

Can anyone fill in “correct” profile details please?

Private User

10/15/2019 at 12:04 AM

Dolores Wood

Would you be kind enough to review the profiles for John Wood Joan Wood & Elizabeth Mullins ?

Caleb Johnson’s 2012 article would place Elizabeth as the mother of Priscilla (Mullins) Alden, “Mayflower” passenger , and I really, really want that nailed as much as possible before we move her over.

10/22/2019 at 11:34 PM

I believe E F Atwood, Ye Atwood Annals, (or other book, I don't recall off hand) says that he believed that Alice was an Atwood. She would be in the right place at the right time, and there was an Alice Atwood/Wood among the Atwood/Wood family members. I will have to look for references to see how she is related.

10/23/2019 at 12:26 PM

There was a “legend” that Alice Mullins of the Mayflower was a daughter of Nicholas Atwood and Olive. That has been disproved. We don’t know her parents, still.

Rather, there are “new conclusions” (evidence based) that William Mullins was “first” married to Elizabeth Wood, daughter of JOHN Wood & Joan Taylor of Guildford in Surrey.

Notes for John Wood:

“John Wood is not believed a son of Nicholas Atwood of Sanderstead, Surrey, England. However, he could have been a descendant of an earlier branch of the Wood/Atwood family. More research is needed.”

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion