Boniface I, Marquess of Montferrat (leader of the Fourth Crusade) - total locked

Started by Livio Scremin on Sunday, September 1, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-46 of 46 posts

Erica, thanks for your intervention, feel free to play experiments with the draft,
I have filled in the LABEL field.
Technically MP is not wrong because (leader of 4th ..) is write on the display name only.
I kept it in the final draft as information for the work field...

even though it is possible to create a draft 2: although it is however possible to create a draft with all the information in the internal boxes, and once again the full display name with the info (learder of) now i try :D

[MP] : Boniface I, marquess of Montferrat, 1st king of Thessalonica

draft1: Boniface I, marquess of Montferrat, 1st king of Thessalonica

draft2: Boniface I, marquess of Montferrat {leader of 4th crusade} DRAFT2

Ladies & gentlemen make your choice :D

I like the second example (draft 1), because it is all strictly official titles.

And making a third draft based on that one in addition to following Erica's advice to make him "notable for being" "leader of the Fourth Crusade" is a great idea.

I do think Fourth Crusade is correct (not 4th crusade), because it was a significant historical event (e.g. "First Punic War").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punic_Wars

Agree with Debra. Draft 1 (official titles), and write out the correct name of the Crusade.

“King” always grabs attention, and since he was not born a king, it makes sense to have the marquess title also. Which makes conserving space in the display name a priority.

well if you temporarily unlock it, I'll take care of he.
"small" parenthesis: I don't think they have acronyms like WW1 WW2, but the crusades have numerations... simply numbered, maybe the Roman numeration gives it a touch of historical elegance.. written in full makes the title more cute,
Written in numbers makes identification more immediate, especially when a not-English person is reading. (we are talking about a really small detail within the label field, but tell me if now you prefer 4th or IV, or if you still insist on Fourth:)

I didn't think of that, Livio, but it's understandable. However, the function Erica is talking about, where you would enter "leader of the 4th Crusade" or however you prefer to write it -- doesn't actually show up in the label field. It only serves as a way to tag it for Google searches.

I see now that you have found and used it, so maybe Erica would like to check your draft and see if your recent revision is indeed what she was talking about.

I really like the way you wrote "king" in front of his name. It doesn't matter which country he was king of, he was still a king.

And it's very nice how "Notability: Leader of the IV Crusade" is visible on the profile (I didn't realize it would be),

Or maybe that is the "label field", as compared to "name field" and "title field"...I warned you I'm slow. :)

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarta_crociata

“La quarta crociata”

I tend to agree with Livio that the Arabic Number is easiest for an international audience. Google pulls up Fourth Crusade links. On the other hand, the formal name is probably best.

What to do !

“Label” (attribute). It’s so elegant - and under used.

@Debra yes the real difference of the draft is in the fields correctly filled inside, but it appear in the dispay name as need ;D

& @Erica listen to my reasoning:
*if u "googly" "1-8 crusade" you are directed to the one you are looking for (in your leanguage):
**I noticed that everyone is titled written in letters(in your leanguage), but then it is referred to in Roman or Arabic numbers:
***so we have to decide if we are writing a pretty chapter title...
****or a quick, easy-to-understand to all, reference ;D

Livio,

Roman numeral - Rome conducted the Crusades.

Arabic numeral - Rome sought to overthrow Muslim rule in Jerusalem.

Formal English numeration - The English made some contributions to help Rome fight the Crusades.

It could also be asserted that France, Italy, Germany, and other European countries were also involved.

But "Fourth" agrees with "Crusade" because both words are in English. However, you're right, it is a bit "cute". :D

Erica seems agreeable to using the Arabic numeral that you began with: "4th".

And I would find any of these choices equally suitable.

But you mentioned that WWI and WWII are denoted with Roman numerals, and that's a good point. So it should be alright to number the Crusades in that manner. Why not?

Except that IV means 4 or four. How do you say fourth or 4th in Roman numerals?

If it can't be done, you could write "Leader of the 4th Crusade" in the Label field and change Occupation to "Leader of the Fourth Crusade".

That covers at least two of the options for Google searching purposes.

Erica Howton here everything is ready for un-block & fast FIX..
I don't think FARKAS Mihály László has anything against it, just a lot of other things to do :D

DONE_________________ I also cleaned the thousand copy paste of wiki, see if you like the order, or if you can do better... or re-block. But this discussion seems to me to be SOLVE:D

https://fourth-crusade.weebly.com/characters-and-dates.html

Made it 4th Crusade - it worked better in Google

Took out lower case king as a prefix title. Mode of address: you’d refer to him as “King Boniface.” But his titles are suffixes in the name. IMO anyway.

Showing 31-46 of 46 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion