Peter Udnie, of Tillery - Curator

Started by Marsha Gail Veazey on Sunday, September 1, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
9/1/2019 at 7:42 AM

Hi, all! I am only curating this profile to ensure it is the only one for this person. If you would like to make changes and have sources, please go ahead and make the changes. If you need my help, let me know and I'll do what you ask. Thanks for your interest in this profile!

9/1/2019 at 10:25 AM

HI Marsha,
I am a longtime(45 years) researcher of my Tillery line posted on this site. I was so hopeful when I was directed to this site by a Tillery Cousin. I found a proposed connection from John Tillery(1625 - xxxx) b Scotland d Virginia to Peter Undie, of Tillery (1590 - 1656). My concern is proof of this connection. I have requested from several so call managers regarding proof of this connection with no response. This leads me think that the connection is wishful thinking. This is I think "genealogy without documentation is mythology". If you could clear this up for me or send me to the party that can clear it up, I would be very grateful. I so wish to believe this is a good connection for it would answer many questions. I have a research database that would answer many Tillery Family questions in USA. Thank you in advance,
Clarence A. Tillery

9/4/2019 at 11:54 AM

I'm afraid we 'managers' just got our info from findagrave and rootsweb and those sites usually don't present documentation. If there's anything you want me to delete or change based on your research, I would be very happy to ensure the tree reflects just what you can prove. If you'd like to do the work, that's awesome. If you'd like me to do the work, I'd love to! You can send the info to mgkamish@gmail.com if it would be easier and if you don't mind sharing your work.

It looks like you are the de facto expert on the Tillerys! Congrats! :)

12/22/2019 at 12:06 PM

Marsha, After some study of this proposed line, I find the DNA references very interesting, worth more investigation. Somewhere in the recent past, I remember reading or hearing about Peter Udnie moving to Finland. Do know what might have caused that or any clue about that? In checking out my DNA hits I find a number of them from Finland and adjacent places. This gives me some positive thoughts about the John Tillery connection I have been chasing. I recently found a statement on Geni that confirmed that there was no proven connection for John Tillery and Peter Udnie of Tillery, but that many Tillery descendants have opted to make the connection. The DNA links give me some optimism in my search. Thank you for your offer to help. Clarence Tillery

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion