Eimerus Galeius of Wales - Was Eimerus Galleius' father really Guy LeStrange? Sources?

Started by William Wallace on Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 39 posts
8/27/2019 at 6:46 PM

How did whoever connected Eimerus to Guy find out about that connection? Any sources anyone? The idea has to have come from somewhere! Let's figure this out.

8/27/2019 at 8:06 PM

Thanks; things have been fixed.

We don’t know who the parents of Eimerus Galeius were; he’s the top of the Wallace tree.

So he has been detached and locked down.

Going back through the revisions, as best as I can tell, someone mistook Guarine, one of the spellings of Guy’s name, for Galeius, and that, combined with the story that Guy le Strange was hanging out in Wales (Galeius means “the Welshman”), led to the two of them getting connected. But they weren’t. And they lived in different parts of the country.

It’s not, unusually, a mistake inherited from web trees. Interesting.

3/17/2020 at 10:21 AM

so for sure we do not know who his father or mother are?

3/17/2020 at 11:24 AM

Laurie Ables -- We do not.

7/19/2021 at 4:45 PM

Not trying to start an argument but I've noticed some coincidences, I'd like to hear what you guys think!

I think they were drawing on the meaning of the names
Wallace originates from Old Low Franconian *Walhisk meaning "foreigner", "Celt", "Roman" which is a cognate of Old English wylisċ (pronounced "wullish") meaning "foreigner" or "Welshman"
Le Strange from Old French estrange, Middle English strange 'foreign' (from Latin extraneus, from extra 'outside'),

Guy le Strange, of Alveley, son of Roald / Roland le Strange, of Mileham, son of Guy leStrange, I was high shariff of Shropshire from 1160–1165 after the death of William Fitz Alan ( brother of Walter fitz Alan who was made steward of Scotland, by David I of Scotland, who Richard Wallace followed to Scotland) that puts Eimerus and his family in the same area as Guy le Strange, of Alveley

There are also heraldic similarities between the Arms people in both families used like the argent lion over a red shield

Guy le Strange, of Alveley

Roald / Roland le Strange, of Mileham

Guy leStrange, I

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Sheriff_of_Shropshire

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Wallace

Also if anyone knows more on the history of this heraldic device I'd be very interested to hear! Places like lyon france where the Volcae were use the argent lion on red backing as well as Bohemia for the Boii!

Walhaz is almost certainly derived from the name of the tribe which was known to the Romans as Volcae (in the writings of Julius Caesar) and to the Greeks as Οὐόλκαι / Ouólkai (Strabo and Ptolemy).[2] This tribe occupied territory neighbouring that of the Germanic people and seem to have been referred to by the proto-Germanic name *Walhaz

https://www.scotclans.com/scottish-clans/clan-wallace/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walhaz

Private User
7/20/2021 at 3:56 AM

Steven, aside from the present topic (the question of connection between these two particular individuals, about which I have nothing to add or comment on at this point) -- I have also noticed some interesting genealogical and/or historical parallels specific to the Lestrange family, with regard to the language used for names within land records, and I really appreciate you sharing your logical thoughts with us.

"LeStrange Records A Chronicle of the Early LeStranges of Norfolk and the March of Wales A.D. 1100-1310, with the Lines of Knockin and Blackmore Continued to Their Extinction" by Hamon LeStrange (1916)

https://www.google.com/books/edition/LeStrange_Records/lfIxAQAAMAAJ...

This author disputes the Normand theory of the Lestrange family's origin, referring to it as a 'romance' or 'fable' (and, seems like it was seeing "Ruallus" in some old record that had got me wondering about it awhile back).

"Professor T. F. Tout, who has given me much assistance, especially with regard to anything connected with Wales or Welsh names, considers that the source of the name is the Celtic ‘Rhiwallon' (mod. Welsh), not ‘Rolandus,' though he suspects that the two may be connected; hence the right form in Latin would be 'Ruallus' rather than Rualdus, though ‘ll' often = 'ld,' as, e.g. 'vadletus ' = 'vallettus.'. Round, in his 'Peerage and Family History,' p. 123, calls him Rhiwallon Extraneus; Professor Tout says that it is perhaps better to call him Riuallonus rather than Rivallonus, as it shows that the name was the same in Brittany, as the Rhiwallon of the Welsh."

7/20/2021 at 9:56 AM

Being interested in all this again, I went to see what I could find.

We know Eimerus Galleius from ONE record; in 1128 he witnessed the founding charter of the Abbey at Kelso. So he was in Scotland by then. Eimerus is the nominative Latin form of Emrys, a Welsh name. And we have NO record of where he was born; we have only his name, which says he is from Wales. Since the original info in the profile said he was born in Wales, and since his name says he was from Wales, and we have no evidence of any other place, I took the info back to Wales. Much clearer.

The LeStranges, according to Medlands, do not appear in any Norman records. The first they appear is in post-conquest England. They are not known in Wales, until they become Marcher Lords and start marrying the Welsh in the 13th century. (One of them married Gruffudd ap Gwenwynwyn.)

They might have been from Anjou, or they might have been from Brittany -- there is speculation that they were descended from Alain FitzFlaald.

I can't find the Wallaces in Medlands at all at all, which seems unlikely, but since I must go do other things, perhaps I'll look again later.

The book that Private User cites, by the way, is one of those early works that rises above the scholarly conventions of its day and Cites! Everything!

and so I love it dearly.

because citations. Of actual primary documents.

cheers my heart.

Ida Maria Christen
2/11/2022 at 5:54 PM

Eimerus Galeius{ Wallace of Wales} Born ca ?-1100 Shropshire {England} U.K. Married to Emma de Grainsby ca ?- 1095 Their children Richard de Wallanse de 1st ca?-1117, Phillip de Wallense ca??-1120 First name = Emeirus he had become the main ancestor of the Wales/Wallense/Wallace in England Surname = Galeius named after his father's first name. = the name of later in English became Wales/Wallense/Wallace His father is Galeius {Guy} Wallace Born ca ?-1048 Norfolk, England, His mother is Melette Peverell Born ca ? 1077, she was Guy .'s 2nd wife Father of Galeius Jr, {Eimerus} His first wife was Gennavieve Le Strange of place Norfolk born ca ?-1048 Her children kept the family name of Lestrange Baldwin Le Strange, Bernard Le Strange, Steward Le Strange, Durannus Le Strange. Guy Galeius or {Wales} his stepson is Roald Roland Le Strange= half brother of that other Le Strange Roland his real father is called John Le Strange. Guy Galeius is the son of Hawise of Brittany, Duchess of Brittany daughter of Alain III, Duke of Brittany and Berthe de Blois, of Chartres, and her wife is Hoël II(V) Duke Hoël de Cornouaille, Earl of Kernev, Duke Consort of Brittany Also Known As: "Hoel II of Cornwall", "Brittany", "Duke of Brittany", "Earl of Cornwall", "Hywel" Date of Birth: 1030 Place of Birth: Cornouaile, Visseiche, Ille-et-Vilaine, Brittany, France Died: About April 13, 1086 (51-60) Bretagne, Brittany, France Immediate Family: Son of Alain "Canhiart" de Cornouaille, Count of Cornouaille & Nantes and Judith de Nantes Names were called after places by royal families, it was done in the centuries because they were born there and or became highly clad persons. That is also the case in many families because of wars names were changed, which is now confused for our present people, but if you look carefully you will always find a mnemonic or a branch of family. Eimerus Galeius { Wallace of Wales } put the name through Wallace, the children and grandchildren to this day are called Wallace. They were of high nobility in England and Scotland, through wars they were taken up by Germany, America and some other countries for peace. They left behind everything they had and had nothing left because of the wars. Eimerus had sons Richard the 1st this name was given from the place Riccartoun{Riccarton} where they had castles and fortresses. You can also search for the descendants in Sir families Wallace. Some who emigrated to America, one of these is called Hugh M. Wallace Born ? - 1742 Ayrshire Scotland U.K. and Died 11-01-1820 Lawrence,Washington Country ,PA, US. emigrated to America as a Scot. These continued family in America, these descendants also came to Tennessee and with the great-grandfather John Henry Wallace Born 01-08-1853 of Elvis Presley who married Rosella Elizabeth Presley, hence the story about his real tribe ancestor Rosella continued her own name . And related to the Cherokee tribe of Elvis on his maternal side is that his The Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandmother of Elvis, Morning White Dove 1798 was a full-blooded Cherokee Indian. She married William Mansell in 1818. Side branch family of Elvis his mother's side Elvis his Grandma Octavia Luvenia Smith (Mansell) is from branch family Morning White Dove further also to find out who her mother is again. Morning Flowers is her name. I make family trees of my own but as a fan of Elvis I am also making a history book with family trees and Astrology. I live in the Netherlands and started it because Rosella Presley has family descendants from Germany, this family previously emigrated from the Netherlands where I live, I have found the family of North Brabant in those old days. When you search you should note that in ancient times first names can be the surnames or are added to the language of the country. And first make sure you put everything on excel that you can place with everything, a lot of mistakes are made by people in family trees. And because I came from Elvis in France, it is because I have a French name and my roots in France are/were also from royal nobility families. My tip is only watch out with guessing people want, but pick from an ordinary site, you have to look into history then you will come very far with acts, these are becoming more and more available with our time. If you want to make a family tree start with yourself to parents to grandfather to grandparents and put all the branches of followers in your excel. In the past, relatives also married to keep the name. Good luck everyone, I want to give this to you too, but the real document history remains for my own. Tried to do in English, sorry for typos. You're welcome Good luck to all, greetings from my IMC

Ida Maria Christen
2/11/2022 at 6:20 PM

Le Strange is in translation of a stranger, in Dutch that is a strange relationship May have to do with royal names.
In Netherland
Le Strange is in vertaling van een vreemde, in het Nederlands is dat een vreemde omgang Kan te maken hebben ivm Koninklijke namen.

2/12/2022 at 6:52 AM

Ida Maria Christen — thank you! But your information is not cited, and doesn’t look like it comes from primary sources.

A great deal of the information roaming around about the Middle Ages — especially the early Middle Ages — comes form misreading, speculation, guesses, romantic stories, and sometimes, alas, outright lies.

I have given above the one known actual citation for Eimerus, and explained both the Latin and the Welsh.

If you know of actual primary sources that we have missed, please let us know!

Thanks!

Ida Maria Christen
2/12/2022 at 1:34 PM

Hi anne
Yes you are right but Welch but he was the clan father by the name of Wallace carried on to England-Scotland they arrived in Wales first his parents are where most went wrong Eimerus Galeius{ Wallace of Wales} Born ca ?-1100 Shropshire {England} UK Died ca 1181 Scotland UK ''Father of the Wallace Clan'' {or Wales DNA9 TB- BIG M Match- Wallace} His Parents Galeius1048 and Melette Peverell 1077 Marriage to Gennavieve Wallace Or Wallense (née Le Strange) Born ?-1098 Died ?- Father of Richard de Wallanse the 1st 1117, Phillip d Wallense 1120
And where most went wrong is with Gennavieve her real name is Wallace, her nickname is Le Strange(meaning stranger) from the family, and she also had a daughter with the same name. Please send here some links regarding family origins, Were from royal families, I am already in Nevers, Nievre, Bourgogne, France from William Wallace the real father of Guy Le Strange is {a boy with a strange nickname} Greetings Imc

https://www-houseofnames-com.translate.goog/wallece-family-crest?_x...
https://www.houseofnames.com/Le+strange-family-crest

Ida Maria Christen
2/12/2022 at 2:03 PM

I working here in year 560-610
Alain ap Hoel Fychan Lithuanian: Bretanės Karalius Alainas I Aka: "the White", "Alan I" Date of Birth: Approximately 560 Place of Birth: France Death: 610 (45-55) France Immediate Family: Husband of Azenor Father of Hoël III ap Alain de Cornuaille, King of the Bretons and Gradlon ap Alain Occupation: King of Brittany 554-594, Earl of Cornwall, Duke of Domnonée
https://en-m-wikipedia-org.translate.goog/wiki/Clan_Wallace?_x_tr_s...

I have the whole family tree from France to England to Scotland to America and some of these left for Germany from Wallace. Here Eimerus = van Welchman and Galeius is another name in French for Wallace/Wallanse because of that he is the clan father for the Wallace family first was 'Wales' his father lived under a nickname Le strange. Guy Le Strange his father's actual biological father is called William de Wallense from the area Muras he was born in year 1030 William his father his name is Renaud II from year 1010 and his father is also called Renaud I from year 972. I have been through all those tribes I now have 35 generations in total Greetings Imc Will give a tip all royal families used to be called after places, you never saw real names, they were powerful over the places and their children automatically got the place name at birth, here's a link if you like it, yes and further dam everyone should go and look for themselves anyway! I'm happy with this document and I'm sure I'll find the last one. I'll put it on a pdf

2/12/2022 at 3:03 PM

The question at hand is -- was Guy le Strange the father of Eimerus Galleius -- that connection appears in things like web trees, but the evidence for it is lacking.

The two links that you give from the house of names do not mention Eimerus.

The wikipedia article for Clan Wallace does not mention Eimerus.

As I mention above, only one document (that we have seen evidence of so far) mentions Eimerus -- we know that he existed, and that he lived in Scotland in the year 1128, when the document was created. But that's it.

There is nothing in that document that connects him to the le Stranges; this is not surprising, given that there's no evidence that they were in Scotland.

Ida Maria Christen
2/12/2022 at 6:33 PM

( 28 ) – Richard (Riccarton) Wallace of Riccarton the 2nd Born 08-01-1143 Riccarton, Clackmannon, Scotland Died 04-12-1204 Riccarton, Clackmannon, Ayrshire, Scotland. His Parents Sir Richard (Riccartoun) de Wallance {Wallace} de 1st 1117 and Emma DeGrainsby 1127 Marriage to Janet Cathcart Born ?-1150 Wormleighton, Warwickshire, England. Died 05-01-1215 Ayrshire, Scotland. Father of Phillip Wallace, Sir Richard Wallace the 3rd Laird of Riccarton 1172,

( 29 ) –Sir Eimerus 'Richard' (Riccartoun) de Wallance {Wallace} the 1st Born ?-1120 Ayrshire Scotland Died ?-1208 Ayrshire Scotland His Parents Eimerus Galeius{ Wallace of Wales} Born before ?-1100 and Emma de Grainsby Marriage 1169 to Emma DeGrainsby daughter of William Degrainsby and Agnes de Grainsby Born ca 1120 Grainsby, Lincoinshire, England. Died 30-09-1226 Lincolnshire, England. Father of Richard de Wallace the 2nd Laird of Riccarton 1143, Philip Walays 1140 , Henry Walays 1145

( 30 )– Eimerus Galeius { Wallace of Wales} Born ca ?-1100 Shropshire {England} U.K. Died ca 1181 Scotland UK ''Father of the Wallace Clan'' {or Wales DNA9 TB- BIG M Match- Wallace} His Parents Galeius 1048 and Melette Peverell 1077 Marriage Gennavieve Wallace Or Wallense (née Le Strange) Born ?-1098 Passed away ?- Father of Richard de Wallanse the 1st 1120, Phillip d Wallense 1121

( 31 ) – Galeius {Guy} Wallace Born ca 1048 Norfolk, England, Died ca after 1105 London, England Parents are Hoël de Cornouaille and Hawise Wallace Marriage to Gennavieve Le Strange of Norfolk Father of Roald Roland Le Strange 1096, Gennavieve Wallace .Wallense born Le Strange 1098, Eimerus Galeius de Wallense 1100 Born 1048 Died Father of Baldwin Le Strange, Bernard Le Strange, Steward Le Strange,Durannus Le Strange. Marriage to Melette Peverell Born 1077 Father of Galeius Jr, Eimmerus,

Please I will continue with the document ''hahahaha'' (I have to laugh) The family motto is, unfortunately I can't post a picture but they are all the same family crests even until Elvis Presley has these too and Wallance his great grandfather is a clan of them. Momente with L'ESTRANGE {Moment the strange Galeius} Kind regards IMC

2/12/2022 at 7:49 PM

What is the source?

2/12/2022 at 8:18 PM

Oh, I realize that perhaps I haven’t been clear about what I was meaning. I’m so sorry!

What we are looking for are primary sources, at best, meaning documents from the time period of the profile. That’s why I’m saying that Eimerus appears in only one document. There is only one primary source.

Failing that, we need reliable secondary sources — that would be histories or genealogies that cite the primary documents that they are using.

Ida Maria Christen
2/13/2022 at 2:57 AM

Hi Anna good luck with your search in sources with the name, they weren't real names it's just a welchman because he came to Wales and continued a family name in Wales- Walys-Wallense- Wallace. like the estranged Le Strange from royal families, these don't give a real name. I'm already in that history with the real William Wallace in France. From which all these names come, What you are looking for in a source 'Eimerus' is not a real name like his father Galeius {Guy} Wallace aka ''Le Strange'' they are names. Give me my your source link where you got it from, I'll take a further look online as well to see what you mean, I maintain they came to Wales and Eimerus was born in Shropshire. Shropshire (sometimes abbreviated to Shrops) or formerly Salop is a ceremonial county and district in the English region of West Midlands and Shropshire bordering Cheshire, Staffordshire, Worcestershire, Herefordshire and the Welsh counties of Powys and Clwyd.
Greetings IMC Would you like to send me your source? What you mean is that it was a deed of incorporation of the abbey of Kelso witnessed by David I. He lived in Scotland when his son was born there Eimerus "Richard" at that time. I found something and I'm going to have a look too.

Ida Maria Christen
2/13/2022 at 4:02 AM

https://en-m-wikipedia-org.translate.goog/wiki/Clan_Wallace?_x_tr_s...

https://en-m-wikipedia-org.translate.goog/wiki/Breton_people?_x_tr_...

https://en-m-wikipedia-org.translate.goog/wiki/Welsh_people?_x_tr_s...

The Wallace family first came to Scotland with a Breton family in the 11th century. Eager to extend the benefits of Norman influence, David I of Scotland gave grants to the nobles of the south. These Links should make it clear to you that they were families from France to England and Scotland. Will give you clarity than that one source you found. Good luck, I can't help you with that, because my family roots also come from France. I will not go into this further here because I am already busy in the year 500 See you soon!

Ida Maria Christen
2/13/2022 at 5:50 AM

Just want to say this, I'm right I found his ancestors of Galeius Le'Strange and Eimerus this actual Aymer is called by name and family from the region of Muras, so I'm fine with my family tree. The rest I have already placed for info Greetings IMC. Everything is related to England and Scotland, Have also found family who still live as a Clan in Scotland, It is true that he witnessed David I see in the links previous posts.

2/13/2022 at 9:01 AM

A transcription of the charter in question can be found as number 35 in Early Scottish Charters -- https://archive.org/details/earlyscottishcha00lawruoft/page/26/mode... --concerning the founding of Selkirk , later moved to Kelso. Sit Archibald Lawrie, writing in 1905, dates the charter from about 1120; the date is not stated in the charter.

The person we are discussing appears at the end, in the list of witnesses -- https://archive.org/details/earlyscottishcha00lawruoft/page/28/mode... -- there, his name appears as Aimaro Galleio - this is the Latin ablative, so the nominative would be Aimarus Galleius; the "ey" for "ai" isn't unsual.

I see that Robert de Brus, Robert de Umfreville, and Walter de Bolbec are witnesses as well.

Private User
2/13/2022 at 1:19 PM

I don't pretend to have proof, or to be either a historian or genealogist (just a very interested party and possible descendant) so please don't take this as me trying to rock the boat. But my research within the Lestrange history by Hamon Lestrange and others strongly suggests that the Lestrange family whom I am convinced are branches of the Wallaces -- descended from "Siward/Seward/Sewald".

"The Lestranges of Hunstanton were a junior branch of the family of the Barons Lestrange of Knockyn. This family possessed manors in Norfolk at a very early period. Some genealogists derive their descent from the ancient Dukes of Britany, apparently without foundation.

"They were amongst the retainers of the Fitzalans, who enfeoffed them of the manors of Litcham and Beeston in Norfolk, and of Hunstanton, which latter they held by the service of defending one of the towers of Castle Rising castle.

"The first of this race was Seward or Sewald, whose descendants assumed the name of Lestrange, for what reason does not appear.

"Guy Lestrange, of this race, distinguished himself at a tournament held at Castle-Peverel, in Derbyshire, in the reign of Henry the First. This Guy had two brothers, Hamon and John.

"Of these, John and Guy Lestrange held lands under the Fitzalans, in Shropshire (Liber Niger Scaccarii). John was the eldest of these brothers, as appears by the circumstance of his name standing before the others in ancient deeds. He was seated at Knockyn, in Shropshire, and his descendants continued there and at Blackmere, in the same county, for many generations; generally summoned as barons to Parliament.

"John last Lord Lestrange, of Knockyn, died in the reign of Henry the Seventh, leaving Joanna his daughter and heir, who married George Stanley, son of Thomas first Earl of Derby of that name; in which family the barony of Strange continued until the year 1594, when it fell into abeyance amongst the daughters of Ferdinando fifth Earl of Derby.

"The Dukes of Athol were created Earls Strange in consequence of their descent from the Earls of Derby."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_of_Atholl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Earls_of_Derby

https://archive.org/details/sim_archaeologia-tracts-relating-to-ant...

"Archaeologia, Or, Miscellaneous Tracts Relating to Antiquity 1834: Vol 25" published by the Society of Antiquaries of London

Siward Biornsson, Earl of Northumbria is Siward, Jarl of Gloucester's first cousin four times removed's wife's second great grandfather!
Siward, Jarl of Gloucester
→ Godwin
his father → Leofric III, earl of Mercia
his brother → Alfgar, Earl of Mercia
his son → Ealdgyth
his daughter → Nest ferch Gruffydd
her daughter → Hugh Fitz Osbern, 3d Baron of Burford
her son → Osbern Fitzhugh
his son → Amicia De Clifford
his wife → Margaret de Toëny
her mother → Adelisa de Huntington
her mother → Waltheof, Earl of Northumbria
her father → Siward Biornsson, Earl of Northumbria
his father

Siward, Jarl of Gloucester

Siward Biornsson, Earl of Northumbria

Ida Maria Christen
2/13/2022 at 6:53 PM

Hello Debra Okay, I can only say you are completely on the wrong track with those sites, I have the whole family tree, from now until now I am year 400 and everything fits together, I have already explained so much for this that you can read quietly . can only wish you luck on your quest. Will give you 1 tip don't get stuck on 1 thing. I do geneology and make family trees for others too. Also got whole packs. I have to say I do everything here on translate I am still studying English, because I live in the Netherlands. I can't explain anything more to you. And honestly I'm not going to post my document because I've worked hard on it myself. Wish you the best of luck with your search. Kind regards IMC

Ida Maria Christen
2/14/2022 at 5:19 AM

Hi Anne
Only this: about those witnesses what you meant, they used to be called witnesses of a baptism, Abbey is a church, in our time this is called declaration / reporting to a registry office.
Found a real old documents book.

From Le strange Guy born in France emigrated to England married and had son Aymer {Eimerus} Wales {Wallace was later named} Guy also died in England, his son went to Scotland. Died there.

=Eimerus { Aymer} Galeius{ Wallace of Wales} Born ca 1090 Oswestry, Wales Ayrshire, Scotland, United Kingdom. Died ca 1181 Scotland U.K ''Father of the Wallace clan'' Clackmannan, Clackmannanshire, Scotland, His Parents Galeius 1048 and Melette Peverell 1077 Marriage 1115 to Gennavieve Wallace Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland. Born ?-1098
Roland le Strange or Mileham is his stepbrother his mother is Gennavieve Le Strange the 1st wife of Guy Le Strange, he himself is of Melette Peverell 2nd wife of Guy Le Strange.

Was reported in Abbey at his baptism
He again got his son the same name this Wallace with Richardtoun and named his children Richard of Riccarton is and place in Scotland

Mentioned his son in 1128 who was born: Sir Eimerus ''Aymer'' 2nd (Richardtoun) de Wallance {Wallace} the 1st Born ?-1128 Ayrshire Scotland Died ?-1208 Ayrshire Scotland His Parents Eimerus 'Aymer 1st Galeius{ Wallace of Wales} Born before ?-1100 and Emma de Grainsby Marriage 1169 to Emma DeGrainsby daughter of William Degrainsby and Agnes de Grainsby Born ca ?-1118 Grainsby, Lincoinshire, England. Died 30-09-1226 Lincolnshire, England. Father of Richard de Wallace the 2nd Laird of Riccarton 1143, Philip Walays 1140, Henry Walays 1145

2/14/2022 at 5:42 AM

Ida Maria Christen

The witnesses that I talked about are witnesses to the charter, not a baptism. I linked to the transcription of the charter. It is not about baptisms. It is about land.

Churches did not register baptisms at the time we are talking about.

They did not register them, in England or Scotland, until after the Middle Ages.

You say that you have found the information about Eimerus’s baptism in an “old documents book.”

What is the old documents book. When was it published. Who edited it. What exactly is the quotation.

Unless you have citations to an actual primary document — not an “old” document — a document from the 12th century, such as the one I linked to above — we will keep Eimerus as he is on Geni, with parents unknown.

Maybe Guy was the father of Eimerus. Maybe he wasn’t. That information shows up in various places. But that doesn’t mean it’s correct.

And it certainly is not proven.

You have given us no evidence of primary sources giving the father of a human who did exist, but who appears in only one record that I myself have seen any evidence of.

We will most certainly give Eimerus a father, if evidence appears.

So far you have not given it.

So, as I say above — what is the old book of documents you are talking about. Who edited it. When was it published.

What is the exact quotation where it gives evidence of a baptism in the 12th century.

Thanks.

Ida Maria Christen
2/14/2022 at 7:37 AM

I'll stick to this with my own documents everything is correct I have, good luck with your own search. This is going to be a back and forth game. You only search through websites. That's just guesswork through people. Sorry good luck everyone. I don't release what I have! Kind regards IMC

2/14/2022 at 7:44 AM

Why isn't Guy le Strange labeled as a fictitious character, such as Arthur or Beli Mawr. There is no known genealogical or historical documentation that he ever existed outside of legend.

2/14/2022 at 7:57 AM

Lol.

Oh Steven Mitchell Ferry, I wasn't even going there yet.

2/14/2022 at 7:59 AM

Ida Maria Christen -- what is the name of the book of old documents that you have? Who is the editor? When was it published? What exactly does the entry say that give baptismal information for Eimerus?

Private User
2/14/2022 at 12:19 PM

Ida Maria Christen I find all of these statements you made align sufficiently with the extant land and other records I've seen:

"From Le strange Guy born in France emigrated to England married and had son Aymer {Eimerus} Wales {Wallace was later named} Guy also died in England, his son went to Scotland. Died there.

"=Eimerus { Aymer} Galeius{ Wallace of Wales} Born ca 1090 Oswestry, Wales Ayrshire, Scotland, United Kingdom. Died ca 1181 Scotland U.K ''Father of the Wallace clan'' Clackmannan, Clackmannanshire, Scotland, His Parents Galeius 1048 and Melette Peverell 1077 Marriage 1115 to Gennavieve Wallace Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland. Born ?-1098
Roland le Strange or Mileham is his stepbrother his mother is Gennavieve Le Strange the 1st wife of Guy Le Strange, he himself is of Melette Peverell 2nd wife of Guy Le Strange.

"...He again got his son the same name this Wallace with Richardtoun and named his children Richard of Riccarton is and place in Scotland

"Mentioned his son in 1128 who was born: Sir Eimerus ''Aymer'' 2nd (Richardtoun) de Wallance {Wallace} the 1st Born ?-1128 Ayrshire Scotland Died ?-1208 Ayrshire Scotland His Parents Eimerus 'Aymer 1st Galeius{ Wallace of Wales} Born before ?-1100 and Emma de Grainsby Marriage 1169 to Emma DeGrainsby daughter of William Degrainsby and Agnes de Grainsby Born ca ?-1118 Grainsby, Lincoinshire, England. Died 30-09-1226 Lincolnshire, England. Father of Richard de Wallace the 2nd Laird of Riccarton 1143, Philip Walays 1140, Henry Walays 1145"

Wallace = Wales, yes...I would only add that in France Guy(?) likely got the "Le Strange" label due to his descent from or relationship to the Dane, Siward.

Ida Maria Christen
2/14/2022 at 12:35 PM

Hello Steven Mitchel en Anne I found his real name family name just from the Guy Le Strange family, In France he lived under this nickname pseudonym LOL Hhahahah, I'm going to elaborate now. What is in England is where He emigrated there under that name and his children were named Wales later became Wallace. It's because I'm making french family tree of myself and almost done, I came on this path too hahahah Good luck to you. Who knows, maybe I'll see in the future when you've found what you're looking for!

Showing 1-30 of 39 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion