John Adams, 2nd President of the USA - I'm trying to find my family line of Adams to This line of Adams

Started by Private User on Sunday, August 25, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
Private User
8/25/2019 at 7:09 PM

My Great Great Great Grandfather was John James Adams. His son was John Henry Adams. John Henry Adams lived in Pemiscot, Missouri in the 1880''s to the late 1927 when He died. Any information is greatly appreciated. I have been looking for over 21 years and would like to finish this line before my Mom and her Sister's pass. Please feel free to email me or call me. My cell phone is 4693236679 my email is Adenise906@gmail.com or at Delynnarm68@gmail.com

8/26/2019 at 7:11 PM

The only thing I have to share is...
-he is my 6th cousin
- when the pirate ship Whydah Galley wrecked on the coast of Cape Cod in 1717 there were two survivors, one of which was John Julian a native American; Julian did not receove a trail but was instead sold into slavery to the father of Abigail Adams - wife of John Adams.

8/26/2019 at 7:18 PM

Sorry for the bad grammar... for some reason they don't allow us to edit our posts here once we've posted them.

8/26/2019 at 7:26 PM

Sent a text let me know if you need email ....connected to 2nd president Adams....our connection and mine to his

Private User
8/27/2019 at 3:33 AM

https://www.funtrivia.com/en/World/Middle-Names-of-Presidents/Answe...

President John Adams didn't have a middle name, that I'm aware of. And his son was John Quincy Adams (not John Henry).

8/27/2019 at 10:36 AM

Denise, are you certain there's a connection between your Adams family and that of President Adams? Usually surnames that are also first names are patronymics (a component of a personal name based on the given name of one's father, grandfather or an earlier male ancestor). For instance, "Anderson" means "Son of Ander." "Jones" means "Son of John." Adams may very well be in this category, as in "Son of Adam." So I hate to tell you this but you may be on a wild goose chase.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion